Sorry for not posting

Old March 19th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sorry for not posting

sorry guys, I've just had a bit of a blue week, so I haven't been keeping up
with you all!! I've just panicked and decided to catch up with posting as we
have a category 4 heading our way and likely will be offline for a few days.
So I just read all your posts, but I can't reply to all, I have sent purrs
to some, but purrs to all the rest of you who need them. If you have any to
spare, I'd appreciate it, as Jasmine is trying to escape to the outdoors
every bloody time the door opens, and Cougar is going through another 'I'm
too good to eat cat food so i will starve myself until I go mad with hunger
and leap onto your plate and steal your dinner' stages, and I've had a sinus
infection for the last few weeks, and now we have a cyclone.....sorry guys
I'm a bit stressed ATM. The main prob with the cyclone is that DH won't be
working, and I will have trouble with bills, etc. Anyway. If I disappear,
it's just power outages and I'll be back online soon hopefully. All our
lines here are underground here but if it hits a station down south we'll be
out. Ok purrs and hugs to all...

Old March 19th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:
[...]

Cyclone purrs on the way. Larry looks like a big'un.
Old March 19th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
meee wrote:
[...]

Thanks. We just got an update, and it looks like it will go right through
our friend's place. She has lots of cats so is probably panicking right now.
I just hope it doesn't flood, as she has a ground floor and is in a gully.
We should be ok, apart from power down. I just feel sorry for the people to
the south of us.

Old March 19th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I've been watching the course of Larry with some concern and wondering
if you'd be in its path. At this stage it looks like Larry will be
Katrina's big, bully of a brother.
I hope you're all OK and that there is no significant damage to your
home.
You'll let us know, won't you, as soon as you get power back again?

Tish

Old March 19th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
I've been watching the course of Larry with some concern and wondering
if you'd be in its path. At this stage it looks like Larry will be
Katrina's big, bully of a brother.
I hope you're all OK and that there is no significant damage to your
home.
You'll let us know, won't you, as soon as you get power back again?

Tish

yep, i will. they're comparing it to Ingrid, which was a bad one last year
that hit a relatively less inhabited area. This one is hitting smack bang in
the middle of the two major north east coast cities. It's getting closer to
us, and there are a lotof suburbs directly (as in across the road, then a
drop to the surf) on the beach. I just hope the retaining walls are high
enough. They almost never are, and a lot are beach shacks owned by retired
people with little $$$. We are above the flood zone, at the foot of the
range that surrounds cairns (it's like a big dish, with mountains on 3 sides
and the sea on one) but a lot of people will be hit hard. We haven't had a
bad one for 10 years so this might be it. see you it's over I guess!!

Old March 19th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message
[...]

OH, you are in *that* bit of Queensland. Beautiful part of the country, but
I wouldn't like the cyclones. I have very fond memories of Cardwell,
Innisfail, Cairns & The Atherton Tablelands. It was a lovely holiday, and I
really want to go back sometime.

Yowie

Old March 19th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
"meee" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, lovely country!! Oh, and Innisfail's about to get hit Well, come up
for a holiday...in about 6 months when we've rebuilt... no, seriously, we
should be ok. the warnings are always in plenty of time.

Old March 19th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:
[...]

Purrs that you stay safe from the cyclone.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 19th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PURRS, HUGS, and you are in our prayers

Old March 19th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:
[...]

purrs for all of you. Scary.