Please could Cara have some urgent purrs?

Old August 12th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Please could Cara have some urgent purrs?

Cara had to be rushed to the emergency vet this afternoon. She
collapsed in the kitchen and had a fit. She has a temperature of 104
degrees, is very anemic and laboured breathing - vet says that appears
to have pancreitis and has treated her accordingly. The vet has sent
her home as she feels that she would be better here, with instructions
to keep an eye on her and that I'm to ring her if she gets any worse
at whoch point she'll take her back in and put her on a drip, and Cara
also has to go in tomorrow morning for blood tests and X-rays, as the
vet has found a mass in her abdomen. I trust the vet - she is someone
I know well, and she is also bias towards border collies as she has 3
of her own who she works in agility and obedience.

I'm very worried and very upset and feel really bad that I didn't
notice that she wasn't quite right earlier. I also didn't realise that
a d*g could get so completely under my skin and get right into a
special corner of my heart. After all, she's "just a dog", right?
Wrong. It appears that in the Miles household, there is no such thing
as "just a dog" in the same way there is no such thing as "just a
cat".

Sorry, I'm rambling and worried sick. Purrs would be appreciated.

Helen M

Old August 12th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 12, 1:18 pm, wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way and a concerned tailthump from Bear.

Will in New Haven

--

"Never try to outstubborn a cat." - Robert Heinlein
"I am not stubborn, Mr. Heinlein, I am just in charge." - Feather

Old August 12th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 10:18:45 -0700, leopardusweidii wrote:

[...]

Urgent purrs being sent for Cara. You have your hands full.
If I remember correctly, there is a bare kitten in your house too. That is
a lot to care for. Best wishes. MLB

Old August 12th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 12 Aug, 10:18, wrote:

Sorry, I'm rambling and worried sick. Purrs would be appreciated.

Helen

Purrs for Cara are on their way please keep us posted and we'll keep
purring for you and her

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 12th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wrote:
[...]

Megga purrs heading to Cardiff.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 12th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

oh no, Helen. They suspected nothing at the place where
you adopted her? How awful. We will purr and pray that
Cara recovers completely and soon.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

ups.com...

Old August 12th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Urgent purrs being sent for Cara. You have your hands full.
If I remember correctly, there is a bare kitten in your house too. That is
a lot to care for. Best wishes. MLB- Hide quoted text -

Nope, the barekitten isn't mine, but Thanks for the purrs!

Helen m.

Old August 12th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris Havlicek

Oh no! Many get well quickly purrs and good thoughts from
the Fairfax Fur Factory! Knowing how well these beasties
hide it when they're not feeling well, don't beat yourself
up for it. You're doing what you can, that's all that matters.

And I doubt *any* one is surprised that Cara would get
that tightly knit to your heart. I don't think there's anyone
on this group who'd regard any animal as "just" a dog or cat (or
any other, for that matter). C'mon, Helen, you're no less of a
softie when it comes to these furry critters than any of the
rest of us... We all know you'll do what's right for Cara.

Glad you've got a sharp vet, too.

We'll just keep all the good thoughts and healing purrs
going for both Cara *and* you. Katie will even add a little
kitty drool as an added bonus.

Hang in there! Not much else I can offer from this side of
the pond, but we're at least with you in thought!

Chris, Tripper, Katie, and Hazard

Old August 12th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 12 Aug, 11:12, Chris Havlicek wrote:
.. I don't think there's anyone
on this group who'd regard any animal as "just" a dog or cat (or
any other, for that matter).

I keep thinking of Vinny (An FIV+ cat I've just sponsored for those
who don't know the story) and hoping he enjoyed the prawns. I don;t
even know what he looks like apart from being a black cat but he's
still wormed his way into my heart