Broken Tail (I think)

Old May 30th 05, 04:06 PM
Catnipped

"Elle" wrote in message
nk.net...
Attaway Elaine; way to help your kitten. Sounds to me like he's lucky to
have you as a (grand?)parent.

Elle, I know you want to be nice - especially if you think by being nice
could help a cat. And I know you have reason to distrust *A* vet. But a
couple of points... first, you are being an enabler to Elaine. You are
giving her validation that what she is doing is right when it's *NOT*.
Everyone else here is telling her differently, but since it's what she wants
to hear, she is listening to you and ignoring good (though, to her ears,
harsh) advice. Second, you are not helping her cat by enabling her. If the
cut on the kitten's tail gets infected it could get serious. If the tail
*is* broken the kitten is probably in a lot of pain. Third, you dealt with
a *very* incompetent vet and I'm sorry you lost a dear one because of it.
But you are wrongly generalizing from that experience to come to the
conclusion that all vets are incompetent. There are bozos in every
profession and we have to watch out for those, but to tell people that vets
are bad and you shouldn't take you cat to a vet is unconscionable!

Old May 30th 05, 04:11 PM
Catnipped

"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in message

I just get ****ed off at people like the OP who won't pay
a few bucks to take care of a pet, but will go out next week
and drop $100 'cause she's just GOT TO have a new pair
of "**** Me" shoes.

AMEN! But to clarify, it's not just trailer trash who do this. I live in a
fairly upscale neighborhood and I can't tell you how many scarred, sick,
unneutered cats I feed twice a day - and most of them are "owned" by
neighbors who drive around in gas-guzzling SUVs and wear Versachi (sp? I've
never paid a single penny more for an article of clothing just for the
privilege of wearing somebody else's name on my ass!)

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 30th 05, 04:15 PM
Catnipped

"Elaine Lilly via CatKB.com" wrote in message

come one peeps I just thought you might like to know my mom has been sick
for a while and I just got the kitten not too long after my mom passed

away
and yes I would have my mom creamated and not take care of a cat because

my
mom was more important than the kitten at the time well just for Mary's
info the cat is doing just fine now that I have taken the advice of

someone
else here and did what she told me to do!!!!! So Mary stfu and mind your
own business if I wanted your opinion after your first post then b.tch I
would have asked for it and I didnt ask now leave me alone ya freak! And
Mary if I were cheap I wouldnt have to go to the library well for your

info
I dont need to go to the library as I just asked my fiancee to use his
computer today when he came to see me and he said yes and guess what he
told me to tell you to back off b.tch!

Your fiance won't give you the money for a vet? Does he care so little for
the kitten also?

[Mary, look out, her *fiance* to you to "back off bitch"! I'd go hide under
my bed if I were you - LOL]

Old May 30th 05, 06:31 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in

message

I just get ****ed off at people like the OP who won't pay
a few bucks to take care of a pet, but will go out next week
and drop $100 'cause she's just GOT TO have a new pair
of "**** Me" shoes.

AMEN! But to clarify, it's not just trailer trash who do this. I live in

fairly upscale neighborhood and I can't tell you how many scarred, sick,
unneutered cats I feed twice a day - and most of them are "owned" by
neighbors who drive around in gas-guzzling SUVs and wear Versachi (sp?

I've
never paid a single penny more for an article of clothing just for the
privilege of wearing somebody else's name on my ass!)

People like Elaine would think a new double-wide was a palace.
She had to put out for her "fiancee" to get computer access.

Old May 30th 05, 06:35 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
[...]

I think her "fiancee" spells what he calls her with an
"f" too, but it's not "fiancee." Peeps, indeed.

Old May 30th 05, 06:45 PM
Mary

From: "Elle"

The only trash in this thread is the idiot who posted the above.

Well, unlike the OP, I can write a sentence.

Over 40 million Americans are without health insurance now. The reason is
that the insured well-to-do have pushed up health insurance prices
ridiculously high by accepting every procedure their doctor prescribes,
regardless of proven efficacy (because, ya know, 'more is always
better'--not), and completely ignorant that the insurance-medical

profession
is a monopoly whose principal interest is lining their own wallets for as
long as ignorant middle and upper class folks buy into the Ponzi/pyramid
scheme the insurance-medical profession promotes. All to the greater
detriment of the poor.

Damn, is that what the voices in your head are telling you?
"Monopoly"??? Check a dictionary!
"ignorant middle and upper class folks"? As opposed to the
poor who all have a Masters degree and a 180 IQ?
"Ponzi/pyramid scheme"? Do you even know what that is?
"All to the greater detriment of the poor." Ever heard of
Charles Darwin?

This has similarly translated to a sick mindset with regard to one's

cat's
or dog's health.

Sure! That "sick mindset" that says people should be willing
to pay a few bucks to take care of their pets. Those *******s!!!

The vet does not know all, or if s/he does, s/he won't
necessarily tell you, because it may hurt his/her profits.

You know, there are some good medications for the treatment
of paranoia.
Oops. I'll bet the drug companies are in on the scam, too.
And here's a newsflash for you. Walmart makes a profit, also.

I just get ****ed off at people like the OP who won't pay
a few bucks to take care of a pet, but will go out next week
and drop $100 'cause she's just GOT TO have a new pair
of "**** Me" shoes.

It really is that simple.

Old May 30th 05, 06:50 PM
bigbadbarry

Elaine Lilly via CatKB.com wrote:
Mary...stfu ok?! and for your info its not my computer LADY!

Elaine! What are saying? What is this

Old May 30th 05, 07:03 PM
bigbadbarry

Joe Canuck wrote:
Elaine Lilly via CatKB.com wrote:

and for your info Mary my mom passed away on March 30th so but out!

"but" should be "butt"

Pardon me sir, but your an assshole!

(is ass spelled with 2 or 3 s's?)

Old May 30th 05, 07:05 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote in message
"Elaine Lilly via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I will be getting him nutered but...he is full breed persain a blue one
that is and I have had others that want me to use him to breed with

their
cats when he gets older but I am not sure thats what I want to do at

this
time so I am thinking hard and long about breeding him out and stuff and
his litter mate I am doing the same hard and long thinking and Elle I

want
to thank you for your help and not b.tching me out like Mary and I have
done what you told me about the cleaning and all and it looks a lil

better

All right, I was determined to stay out of this, but I just have to ask...
you could afford to buy a full breed persian, a blue one, but you can't
afford to take him to the vet? Let me guess, someone gave him to you,
right? Well could the person who could afford hundreds of dollars on a

cat
to give you and was generous enough to do so possibly give you the money

take him to a vet???????

Breeding? Does he have papers going back 3 generations? Did you know

that
only "backyard breeders" breed without papers and just try to get what

they
can? Have you read any of the horror stories here or in other cat groups
about backyard breeder???

--

She doesn't care. It's "oo, kewl, a fluffy little thing and it will make me
money all I have to do is feed it, and the "fiancee" (more likely the

Old May 30th 05, 07:05 PM
Elle

"Catnipped" wrote
"Elle" wrote
Attaway Elaine; way to help your kitten. Sounds to me like he's lucky to
have you as a (grand?)parent.

Elle, I know you want to be nice - especially if you think by being nice
could help a cat. And I know you have reason to distrust *A* vet. But a
couple of points... first, you are being an enabler to Elaine.

And you are calling her a liar without proof.

You are
giving her validation that what she is doing is right when it's *NOT*.
Everyone else here is telling her differently, but since it's what she

wants
to hear, she is listening to you and ignoring good (though, to her ears,
harsh) advice.

Nonsense.

Second, you are not helping her cat by enabling her. If the
cut on the kitten's tail gets infected it could get serious.

Did you not read her posts? She's in touch with a vet and they are
monitoring the wound.

If the tail
*is* broken the kitten is probably in a lot of pain.

Read her posts. Then read the links I posted on the subject. It is unlikely
the kitten is in pain.

Third, you dealt with
a *very* incompetent vet and I'm sorry you lost a dear one because of it.
But you are wrongly generalizing from that experience to come to the
conclusion that all vets are incompetent.

Not all vets are incompetent. However, I have made very clear that one
should not blindly trust a vet or any health professional. One is one's best
advocate, for reasons Candace, Phil, and I have given, and with which Mary
at least partly concurred.

There are bozos in every
profession and we have to watch out for those, but to tell people that

vets
are bad and you shouldn't take you cat to a vet is unconscionable!

I never said this. Your failure to read my posts and attempt to slander me
is unconscionable.

I found the tip of my cat's tail. Tee Cat health & behaviour 5 February 8th 05 09:15 PM
The Terrible Tail O J Cat anecdotes 9 August 9th 04 03:19 PM
Unusual Tail Swishing CajunPrincess Cat anecdotes 30 July 1st 04 09:36 AM
The Terrible Tail Marina Cat anecdotes 25 May 15th 04 08:26 PM
Another cat tail Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 September 26th 03 08:16 PM