CuteOverload: 3-cat standoff

Old October 18th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default CuteOverload: 3-cat standoff

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old October 18th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 06:45:05 +0300, Marina wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the
middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Yes, that little kitty in the middle was definitely the smartest of the
three.

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old October 18th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 06:45:05 +0300, Marina wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the
middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Yes, that little kitty in the middle was definitely the smartest of the
three.

--
John F. Eldredge --

Yup. That was hilarious!

Joy

Old October 18th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

I was thinking: why didn't they cut the piece of meat in 3 pieces?

Then I realized that one of the kitties *stole* the steak, off a
counter, perhaps, and then the other 2 found out about it.

And THEN the 3 way Mexican standoff occurred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old October 18th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 17, 8:58*pm, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 06:45:05 +0300, Marina wrote:
Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the
middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Yes, that little kitty in the middle was definitely the smartest of the
three.

--
John F. Eldredge --

Little kitten: "Thanks guys, hold it right there....nomnomnomnom..."

Kristi
Old October 19th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Jeez, get a knife out and cut it into 3 pieces! Not trying to be a
spoilsport, and they *did* look cute, but after a minute or so I
started feeling bad for them.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old October 19th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 18, 4:31*pm, wrote:
Marina wrote:

* Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
* thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

*http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Jeez, get a knife out and cut it into 3 pieces! Not trying to be a
spoilsport, and they *did* look cute, but after a minute or so I
started feeling bad for them.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Edward Abbey

uh, i'm not sticking my hand between three hungry kitties

But you're right i probably would try to deter them a bit.

kristi
Old October 19th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
Marina wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Jeez, get a knife out and cut it into 3 pieces! Not trying to be a
spoilsport, and they *did* look cute, but after a minute or so I
started feeling bad for them.

Knowing me I would probably grab the camera, too, and not even think
about cutting the meat up. :P

Old October 19th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

wrote:
Marina wrote:

Mir and Caliban looked a litle worried at the sounds coming here, but I
thought this was hilarious. Look at the little opportunist in the middle!

http://cuteoverload.com/2009/10/17/c...can-stand-off/

Jeez, get a knife out and cut it into 3 pieces! Not trying to be a
spoilsport, and they *did* look cute, but after a minute or so I
started feeling bad for them.

Knowing me I would probably grab the camera, too, and not even think
about cutting the meat up. :P

I might have, too, at first. They certainly had serious expressions,
with serious ears, and I probably would've wanted at least a still photo
of that, if not a video (although the sound effects were intense, too).

Several people on the site pointed out in comments that this behavior
is pretty typical of felines in the wild at a kill site, so I'm sure
nobody died over this incident. I just felt kind of bad because the cats
at the ends weren't getting any of the meat.

Joyce

--
"Ignorance is bliss - alas, only for the ignoramus."
-- sign on www.sorryeverybody.com/gallery/1/