Why Is Dis Happining?

Old December 24th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Default Why Is Dis Happining?

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:32:36 -0800, angelvinvin wrote:

Fangu! If hur duz dat, dude da messijiz go tu hur inbox, or duz she
havta git dem onlion?

DaRennieKidz, furry catfoozed

If her runs newsreader program (mine Paw likes Seamonkey or Thunderbird)
den when her runs da program da messages will automagically go into news
folders, one folder per newsgroup. It's really easy to run, an a lot
easier dan Gargle Grunts.

Harri

Old December 24th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:33:10 -0800, angelvinvin wrote:
Izit hard tu set up?

DaRennieKidz

It's realreal eezy. Mineown Paw even managed to set it up wifout any
kitty help!

If youz wants some help in settin it up mine Paw is allez glad to help.
Him can send you 'structions fru e-mail or him can send you hims e-mail
an you can call him.

Harri
Old December 24th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:34:54 -0800, angelvinvin wrote:

Meowmiez a dummee wen it kumz tu deez fingz. Watza individual akkownt?
Owr ISP tuk noozgroopz away. Hisspit on dem fur duin dat!

DaRennieKidz

News.individual.net is a news server in Germany dat costs somefing like
$10 or $15 a year. Dey isn't free but dey is furry good. A lot of the
spam floods dat you see wif offur newsgroup providers get filtered out
befur you ever sees dem.

Harri

Old December 24th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:33:10 -0800 (PST), 's
nimble, little paws typed:

Izit hard tu set up?

DaRennieKidz

For a news-server, I find the free ones to get flaky and go down
often; here's one for $5.00 a year - I've been using it for years
wothout a problem:
http://news.datemas.de/

For a newsreader, I use and recommend Dialog (it has a great
killfile!): http://news.datemas.de/ once you download it, go to "Help"
and the "Quickstart" for a built-in tutorial that walks you through
the setup.

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/24/2008 12:13:57 PM
Old December 24th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

wrote:

On Dec 23, 1:16Â*pm, Fred wrote:
I have not used Google for a long time, So I didn't know what you
were talking about, but I am using Motzarella and have no
complaints at all. Â*It's free and it just works fine.

Fred HC.

Harri Roadcat wrote:
Dat is a "feature" of Google Groups. I'z not aware of any way to
get around dat. Her bestest bet would be to install a newsreader
an set it up to fetch e-mail from place like motzarella (a free
new service).

Harri

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:06:29 -0800, angelvinvin wrote:

Meowmie wud lyke tu node if eny kitty kin tell hur sumfin.

Effury tyme she postz, she haz tu fill in da leddurz at da
bottom befor
hur messij iz postid. Â*Iz der sum way tu git rid uv dis?

Fangu.

DaRennieKidz

--
Peace,
Fred

Izit hard tu set up?

DaRennieKidz

I don't think so. It's been a while since I set it up and I don't
really remember.
Not hard, I have been there today and you read their terms of use and
then click the register"online" link. Type in the info and then you
have to configure your News client on your own machine to fetch news
from the account and send it there. I don't know your client, so I
can't help much there. Except to tell you that somewhere you tell it
to go to news.motzarella.org and use port 119 I think.

Old December 25th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Adam"
Wen Comcats wuz gonna git rid uff dis groop, we got a pressie of a
individual account wich wuz nise, n furry enexpinsive. Meowmie haytes
Google groop n wuz reddy tew gib up duh newzgroopz iffen hur had tew go
fru Google.

Technical note: There's no need for anyone to struggle with Google Groups
for posting. There are decent inexpensive and even free news servers for
text groups, especially "Big 8" groups like this one, and there's a choice
of newsreaders for every operating system I know of.

My current choices are Motzarella as a news server for text groups (free),
and Seamonkey as a newsreader (free for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux).

Adam

I love individual, myself
Thanx for the info.
Kyla
Mosey's Meowmie

Old December 25th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:53:34 -0600, Lucy's nimble, little paws typed:

What's the difference between a news server and a news reader?

Julie

A news server is a very large remote computer, usually running UNIX,
that collects posts from all over the universe and sorts and orders
them in the appropriate news groups. It then stores them for a finite
period of time, and "serves" them up to whomever wants to read them.
Some are owned by universities, others by ISPs and others are
independently run, and charge you for access to them. This concept is
called "Usenet" and news servers and browsers communicate with each
other using a communications protocol called NNTP.

One accesses a news server with a news reader, which is a software
program that is on *your* home computer that connects to the server
and retrieves the messages that you tell it to. News Readers have the
ability to filter messages and then display them to *your* own
choosing as well as delete certain posts as instructed to by your
killfile. A good news reader offers multiple display formats and
settings (e.g by date, by thread and date, by poster etc; and it can
color the headers in posts as per your instructions) so that you can
view each newsgroup as you wish. Good news readers offer *many* more
options than this (Dialog can execute scripts, for example) but I
won't get into them.

One can also view newsgroups in a browser with "extensions"
(Thunderbird, Outlook Express etc), but they are limited in their
abilities and functions and are using HTML for viewing - a different
visual experience; or you can use a regular browser to visit Google
Groups but that *really* detracts from the Usenet experience.

Hope I didn't bore you to death....

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/25/2008 1:33:12 AM
Old December 26th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:
[...]

Not at all - I appreciate it!