Had to put our cat down this morning :(

Old October 9th 05, 04:17 PM
stonej

Default Had to put our cat down this morning :(

Early this morning our two-year old Maine Coon mix, Kenshin, started
making weird noises, gasping for breath and lost use of his two hind
legs. We rushed him to the Michigan State University Small Animal
Clinic where he was diagnosed as having congestive heart failure. We
already knew of the possibility of a murmur that the vets weren't sure
they could do anything about other than take a wait and see approach
to. Vet had told us about a year ago that heart problems aren't
uncommon in cats, but that usually this sort of problem happens without
warning and that you don't know something's wrong until it's too late
to fix. Anyway, apparently a clot broke through and went to his legs,
causing them to not work. He was in a lot of distress and discomfort.
With other options being less than optimistic, emergency vets advised
us the best thing to do was to be humane and put him out of his misery.
We know we did the right thing, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.
At their request, we donated his body to the Vet College for heart
research, hoping our little guy might somehow help other kitties down
the road.

Bye-bye Kenshin. We'll always love you, Angel Kitty.

Old October 9th 05, 04:46 PM
PawsForThought

I am so sorry for your loss

Old October 9th 05, 06:30 PM
stonej

Thank you for all of your responses, they are much appreciated. This
past
week has been really rough for me and my family due to things happening
in our life and then the cat dying this morning has just about put
everyone over
the edge. Please pray for me and my family that things get better
soon.
I know this is not a mental health group but I'm in a mental daze right
now
and just about cracking up.

Old October 9th 05, 06:48 PM
5cats

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss.

When I had to have one of my cats put to sleep two years ago and another
last year, I found this site to be very helpful.

http://www.pet-loss.net/index.html

Old October 9th 05, 07:03 PM
Kate

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for all of your responses, they are much appreciated.
This
past
week has been really rough for me and my family due to things
happening
in our life and then the cat dying this morning has just about put
everyone over
the edge. Please pray for me and my family that things get better
soon.
I know this is not a mental health group but I'm in a mental daze
right
now
and just about cracking up.

My sympathies to you all, and I hope that this rough patch you are
going through will soon be passed.

Kate

Old October 9th 05, 07:15 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 08:17:21 -0700, stonej wrote:

[...]

"Rise up slowly Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere condolences in the passing of your loved one. MLB

Old October 9th 05, 07:30 PM
Topaz

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bye-bye Kenshin. We'll always love you, Angel Kitty.

I'm so sorry, I know how this hurts. It was so sudden, too.

Old October 9th 05, 07:33 PM
Topaz

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you for all of your responses, they are much appreciated. This
past
week has been really rough for me and my family due to things happening
in our life and then the cat dying this morning has just about put
everyone over
the edge. Please pray for me and my family that things get better
soon.
I know this is not a mental health group but I'm in a mental daze right
now
and just about cracking up.

Hang in there. This is the way it happens at times and it does feel
like you won't get through it but you will and you will be stronger.
Prayers work, too.

Old October 9th 05, 07:34 PM
Candace

stonej wrote:
Thank you for all of your responses, they are much appreciated. This
past
week has been really rough for me and my family due to things happening
in our life and then the cat dying this morning has just about put
everyone over
the edge. Please pray for me and my family that things get better
soon.
I know this is not a mental health group but I'm in a mental daze right
now
and just about cracking up.

I'm very, very sorry about Kenshin. It's always hard to lose them but
especially worse when they are so young and when it is a total shock.

I hope you and your family will get through this rough time quickly and
easily.

Candace