Kitten Behavior

Old January 10th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Alan

Default Kitten Behavior

Just got a 3 mo old male kitten/cat. Clean bill of health from vet. At
feeding time he'll eat some of his food and then paw all around the food
dish like he's trying to bury his business. He'll walk away and return a
short time later, finish his food and paw again. No appetite problems, no
litter box problems, frisky to a fault and equally affectionate. Just
strikes me as odd.
Any thoughts?
Alan

Old January 10th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

I take it you mean when he paws at it it is liek he is trying to bury it.
If so that is a natural thing cats do

.. .

Old January 10th 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ryan Robbins

"Alan" wrote in message
.. .
Just got a 3 mo old male kitten/cat. Clean bill of health from vet. At
feeding time he'll eat some of his food and then paw all around the food
dish like he's trying to bury his business. He'll walk away and return a
short time later, finish his food and paw again. No appetite problems, no
litter box problems, frisky to a fault and equally affectionate. Just
strikes me as odd.
Any thoughts?

It's perfectly normal. He's trying to bury his food so no one will steal it.
He may even continue the behavior when he's older. In fact, my cat Sara
would sometimes pull a newspaper off a nearby chair and drag it over her
dish.

Old January 11th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Belinda

Hello, too funny, I've a new kitten now about 5 mo's, she does that same
thing, scraping the area around her food to cover it up.. Been awhile
since I'd had a kitten, but concerned me that she may be covering up an
(accidental) potty. Thanks for reassurance.

I've a questiont maybe someone can help me with, she's quite the bitter.
She'll let me pull & rub her teeth/gums, but is insistant on bitting?
Any antidote for that?

Glad to have LIFE around again!

Happy Trail's To You!

Old January 11th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Here is something for you to think about. What would you do if I was to rub
your gums and teeth. I would lose a finger right ;-)

But on another terms most cats when you rub their teeth stops them from
biting. My phantom had a tendency to bite when he was excited. He did it
one to many times and I grab his mouth and rub his teeth. The action
shocked him and now it is only playful chewing and nipping no pressure or
blood.

Also for all us kitten owners get the furball used to being bothered by
examing their paws their ears their teeth and such so it is not some bad
thing when you have to do it

Phil has a great site on it http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm

Old January 18th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Belinda

Thanks. Good to know my rubbing & toe touching and such is a good thing.
I've gentled and raised a foul so I see it can work with felines too.
She has not given up biting & pouncing on my legs as I walk by. I'm sure
it's play stalking.

Happy Trail's To You!

Old January 18th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Belinda" wrote in message
Thanks. Good to know my rubbing & toe touching and such is a good thing.
I've gentled and raised a foul so I see it can work with felines too.
She has not given up biting & pouncing on my legs as I walk by. I'm sure
it's play stalking.

Happy Trail's To You!

Exactly I get stalked all the time specially at 3 am in the morning one eye
open heading for the bathroom only to awoken rudely by a pouncing furball