Cat in Heat

Old November 1st 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Dulce

Default Cat in Heat

My 1 year old indoor female cat is in heat right now. Poor girl! She makes a
lot of noises and is acting vey extrange.
I was wondering if she is in pain or not. Does her body ache? Is anything I
can do for her during "those days"?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your kind news.

Old November 1st 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Edna Pearl

Have your cat spayed. Female cats do suffer while they are in heat. Spayed
females live longer, healthier lives.

ep

Old November 1st 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Yes there is something you can do. Take her to the vet, directly to the vet,
do not pass go, do not collect $200 and get her spayed.

Old November 2nd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Linda Boucher

Hi
time to take her to the vet and get her spayed.
then she wont come in heat anymore,
much better for her,i always had my cat done at 6 months
Linda

Old November 2nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Dulce wrote:
My 1 year old indoor female cat is in heat right now. Poor girl! She makes a
lot of noises and is acting vey extrange.
I was wondering if she is in pain or not. Does her body ache? Is anything I
can do for her during "those days"?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your kind news.

Yes, PLEASE get her spayed. She might escape and get pregnant. Spaying
her will also reduce the risk of many cancers. If money is a concern,
contact your local shelter. Many of them have or know of low-cost
options.

Old November 2nd 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In oups.com,
Rene S. purred:
Dulce wrote:
My 1 year old indoor female cat is in heat right now. Poor girl! She
makes a lot of noises and is acting vey extrange.
I was wondering if she is in pain or not. Does her body ache? Is
anything I can do for her during "those days"?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your kind news.

Yes, PLEASE get her spayed. She might escape and get pregnant. Spaying
her will also reduce the risk of many cancers. If money is a concern,
contact your local shelter. Many of them have or know of low-cost
options.

Many also offer financial assistance! Locally we have the Spay Neuter
Assistance Program - for low income households to spay or neuter their pets
(and help cut down on homeless pets and the kill rate at shelters)

Old November 3rd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
djqueen

Dulce wrote:
My 1 year old indoor female cat is in heat right now. Poor girl! She makes a
lot of noises and is acting vey extrange.
I was wondering if she is in pain or not. Does her body ache? Is anything I
can do for her during "those days"?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your kind news.

Your female cat is making noise right now being because she is in heat.
This is a normal. because your cat needs a male cat. She is in pain,
she is calling for a male cat so,she can have lovies.
This will happen about every 3 to 4 months in the year. THIS IS NATURE
CALLING MY DEAR.

YOU NEED TO :

1. CALL A VET , SHE CAN ADVISE YOU , SHE WILL SUGGEST AN OPERATION SO
THIS SYMTOMS CAN GO AWAY.

2. OR, LET HER OUT, AND SHE WILL MEET A MALE CAT, bUT WILL COME BACK
AND HAVE KITTENS EACH TIME.

3.AN OPERATION THAT A VET WILL DO IS THE BEST WAY.

Old November 3rd 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kitkat via CatKB.com

I have a question for you -

I agree with all of these people telling you to get the cat spayed. But I'm
curious why you haven't done this already -

Getting a cat spayed/neutered isn't like declawing him/her. It actually
improves their lives and prevents unwanted pregnancies.

That said - your problem at hand is your cat in heat. I also agree that you
call a vet and ask for a best thing to do - you may be able to get some meds
to ease pain/mellow her out.