Ping Tweed

Old December 23rd 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Ping Tweed

I need that rehydration juice recipe!
Old December 23rd 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
I need that rehydration juice recipe!

I can't find my blue book with it in but IIRC it's two tablespoons of sugar,
half a teaspoon of salt, quarter teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a litre
of water.

The only thing I'm not quite sure of is the quantity of sugar. I think I'm
right. The rest is definite. You might like to check in online somewhere
but in the meantime that recipe will do him good.
It kept KFC going for ages.
They lose so many essential salts from their bodies with "drink, drink,
drink" when
their kidneys are up the creek.
I'm almost certain I've remembered it correctly but please check the sugar.
It won't harm him to have a bit too much sugar - as my vet said "we are
past the stage when we are worrying about the effect on her teeth"
Tweed

Old December 24th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Ping Tweed - recipe found

"Pat" wrote in message
I need that rehydration juice recipe!

I think I located the rehydration recipe you want. I did not find it in a
brief search on the Internet, but I checked my own files and found that I
had saved it when Tweed posted her recipe. I saved my copy on June 28,
2008, so that date may be useful.

Here is what I had saved to file:

Pedialite - Substitute Rehydration Fluid

Source: Christina Websell on rpca

I have made up a rehydration fluid for her. I once read about about it, I
can't remember where but ISTM it was used for African babies who were
terribly dehydrated through diarrhoea. I wrote it down in "my book of
useful things" not expecting to use that knowledge.
Here it is:
2 tablespoons sugar
quarter teaspoon salt
quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda in a litre of boiled water

MaryL

Old December 30th 10, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

. ..

"Pat" wrote in message
I need that rehydration juice recipe!

I think I located the rehydration recipe you want. I did not find it in a
brief search on the Internet, but I checked my own files and found that I
had saved it when Tweed posted her recipe. I saved my copy on June 28,
2008, so that date may be useful.

Here is what I had saved to file:

Pedialite - Substitute Rehydration Fluid

Source: Christina Websell on rpca

I have made up a rehydration fluid for her. I once read about about it, I
can't remember where but ISTM it was used for African babies who were
terribly dehydrated through diarrhoea. I wrote it down in "my book of
useful things" not expecting to use that knowledge.
Here it is:
2 tablespoons sugar
quarter teaspoon salt
quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda in a litre of boiled water

I need to make it clear that this is for cats to drink, it's not for
injecting under the skin.
Kitty Fc drank it like crazy. You might have thought Boyfriend might have
drunk it too since it was available. He didn't.

Old December 30th 10, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

. ..

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

I knew it was for a cats for drink, but it's probably a *very good thing* to
post this word of warning. Thanks!

MaryL

Old December 30th 10, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

MaryL wrote:
Christina Websell wrote
MaryL wrote

Patwrote
I need that rehydration juice recipe!

Pedialite - Substitute Rehydration Fluid

2 tablespoons sugar
quarter teaspoon salt
quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda in a litre of boiled water

I need to make it clear that this is for cats to drink, it's not for
injecting under the skin.

I knew it was for a cats for drink, but it's probably a *very good thing* to
post this word of warning. *Thanks!

MaryL

Yes! A *very* good thing!! I was feeling thirsty myself, and was just
about to inject some of Tweed's formula into my carotid artery. My
gosh, what was I *thinking*! MaryL, you have SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

Old December 30th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 29, 11:40*pm, Pat wrote:
MaryL wrote:
Christina Websell wrote
MaryL *wrote

Patwrote
I need that rehydration juice recipe!
Pedialite - Substitute Rehydration Fluid
2 tablespoons sugar
quarter teaspoon salt
quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda in a litre of boiled water

I need to make it clear that this is for cats to drink, it's not for
injecting under the skin.

I knew it was for a cats for drink, but it's probably a *very good thing* to
post this word of warning. *Thanks!

MaryL

Yes! A *very* good thing!! I was feeling thirsty myself, and was just
about to inject some of Tweed's formula into my carotid artery. My
gosh, what was I *thinking*! MaryL, you have SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

The attributes are screwed up on this post. Tweed actually saved your
life. :-)

Sherry
Old December 31st 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 11:40 pm, Pat wrote:
MaryL wrote:
Christina Websell wrote
MaryL wrote

Patwrote
[...]

No, of course Pat knows not to do it. She is being sarcastic. Sometimes I
wonder why I bother to try to help.
I do it for her cats, Sherry.
If it does not work, I tried.
Blame me that I couldn't save Abelard.
I know the hurt of it. Luckily I never blamed anyone on here when KFC got
killed by a fu...... vet when I was in hospital.
One day it's the day to say goodbye. and don't hurt anyone when you do.
I nearly did. I went a bit mad when KFC was lost when I was in hospital and
she'd been put down by the time I came home.
Imagine it.
Tweed

]

stic.

Old December 31st 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 11:40 pm, Pat wrote:
MaryL wrote:
Christina Websell wrote
MaryL wrote

Patwrote
[...]

Same here. She can't even avoid being sarcastic in a thread that was
started in an attempt to help her. She's trying to make us look stupid, but
it only reflects ill on her.

MaryL

Blame me that I couldn't save Abelard.
I know the hurt of it. Luckily I never blamed anyone on here when KFC got
killed by a fu...... vet when I was in hospital.
One day it's the day to say goodbye. and don't hurt anyone when you do.
I nearly did. I went a bit mad when KFC was lost when I was in hospital
and she'd been put down by the time I came home.
Imagine it.
Tweed

]

stic.

Ping Tweed [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 June 22nd 08 09:27 PM
Ping Tweed [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 April 20th 08 11:12 PM
Ping Tweed Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 January 17th 08 09:52 PM
Ping Tweed Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 1 September 19th 07 08:24 PM