Winnie went to the Bridge

Old March 16th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Winnie went to the Bridge

He seemed fine yesterday but I found him collapsed in one of the
sleeping-spots on the stairs this morning. He was clearly not just
sleeping. We rushed him to the animal hospital and the vet said that
he probably had a heart attack during the night. He wasn't in pain but
he was, as she said, never going to wake up. There was no use hurrying
things, as he was in no pain. He went amidst family and friends.

He lives his whole life with Maggy May, his cat mother, Micki, his
human meowmie, his sister Missy and his "girlfriend" Sunrise. Seven
years ago, when he was three, he acquired a puppy named Bear, who will
miss him a great deal. A few years ago, I moved into his household and
Winnie welcomed me and befriended my cat Feather (RB) When my mom (RB)
left me her cat WooToo, Winnie welcomed her to the household.

He was always the one who told me that the bowl of crunchy food needed
filling. He had an endearing habit of snagging your wrist when he
wanted petting.

Oh, and he was a gorgeous, neat little white Persian. And that matters
the least.

I've been crying. I dug for him out back. I would have liked to have
taken him back to West Haven and put him beside Feather but that would
have made a problem with the current owners of the house.

--
Will in New Haven
Old March 16th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 16, 3:12*pm, Will in New Haven
wrote:
He seemed fine yesterday but I found him collapsed in one of the
sleeping-spots on the stairs this morning. He was clearly not just
sleeping. We rushed him to the animal hospital and the vet said that
he probably had a heart attack during the night. He wasn't in pain but
he was, as she said, never going to wake up. There was no use hurrying
things, as he was in no pain. He went amidst family and friends.

Sorry to hear this- purrs for his passing and for all of you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 16th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry for your loss, Will, I'm glad Winnie didn't suffer. I've lit a
candle for him.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Winni
--
Adrian

Old March 16th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default A candle for Winnie

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Winni

Old March 16th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We have lit a candle for Winnie's safe journey to the
RB. Condolences to you and to all his humans.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 16th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
22brix

Will,

I am sorry for your loss--Winnie sounds like a wonderful kitty.

Many purrs to you.

Bonnie

Old March 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, Will.

Yowie

Old March 16th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss, Will.

Jill

Old March 16th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Mar 16, 2:12 pm, Will in New Haven
wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry, Will. But Winnie had a good loving home and hoomins, and
that makes him a fortunate cat. And I'm sure a cat who will be sorely
missed.

Have a gentle trip over the bridge, Winnie.

Melissa
Old March 17th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.