What is he doing?

Old July 24th 03, 04:21 AM
SongSylvan

Default What is he doing?

Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his mouth,
yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I throw
them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't want
to play, then what does he want?

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice
Old July 24th 03, 12:27 PM
MaryL

"SongSylvan" wrote in message
Lately Chase has taken to coming to me with one of the cats' toys in his

mouth,
yowling the entire time. He'll find me and drop it at my feet. I thought
maybe he wanted to play fetch with them, the way Paintball does, but if I

throw
them, he doesn't chase after them. He just stares at me. If he doesn't

want
to play, then what does he want?

Magdalene

Holly has done this every night for the last couple of months. The funny
thing is that it is always the same little red mouse. I finally realized
that these are "gifts" (fortunately, she hasn't found any of the "real
thing" to honor me), and I give her lots of petting and praise when she
deposits her gift at my feet.

MaryL

Old July 24th 03, 04:42 PM
SongSylvan

OK, I've been doing that, and Chase seems content...but Paintball comes running
up now because she sees the 'prey' and is looking at me with this, "C'mon, Mom,
throw it already!" expression! I have such weird cats.....LOL