Entertaining the neighbourhood

Old September 21st 05, 04:07 PM
Marina

Default Entertaining the neighbourhood

My cat enclosure seems to be a big hit in the neighbourhood. It's so
funny to sit inside and watch people walking by with their sour or dazed
faces suddenly lighting up when they spot a cat or two in the enclosure.
They start grinning and crane their necks while walking by so that they
end up walking almost backwards, in order to see as much of the cats as
they can. Some even stop to watch the cats. There's a mother with a
young child in a pram, and a dad with a toddler, who walk by nearly
every evening, and always stop for a minute to look at the kitties.

Miranda is now totally unfazed when strangers walk by, and even when
they stop and talk to her. She just sits and looks beautiful and
receives adoration. Caliban gets excited with strangers, and zooms
around and makes everyone giggle and go awww. Frank doesn't care one way
or the other, he usually just goes on grooming himself when people stop
and stare at him.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 21st 05, 04:43 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
[...]

That's so cute! I'd stop and stare and try to engage the cats in some sort
of conversation, too. It's sort of like having a mini-zoo in the
neighborhood!

Jill

Old September 21st 05, 04:55 PM
Irulan

ah, the neighborhood must be happy you moved in.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB
--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 21st 05, 05:06 PM
Shiral

How can anyone resist three such beautiful cats? =o) You're providing
first class entertainment, and brightening the day for many of your
neighbors. Caliban has already learned to love having an audience.

Melissa

Old September 21st 05, 05:38 PM
Exocat

"Marina" wrote
My cat enclosure seems to be a big hit in the neighbourhood. It's so
funny to sit inside and watch people walking by with their sour or
dazed faces suddenly lighting up when they spot a cat or two in the
enclosure. They start grinning and crane their necks while walking by
so that they end up walking almost backwards, in order to see as much
of the cats as they can.

Ah, the Superior Beings getting their fill of hoomin adoration.
Just as it should be!

Their popularity is another reason to secure the enclosure properly,
though.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 21st 05, 07:15 PM
wafflycat

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
My cat enclosure seems to be a big hit in the neighbourhood.

snip

I'm not surprised! I always enjoy looking at cats when I'm out walking!

--
Cheryl

It's one of the things I enjoy when I'm out cycling through the local
countryside. I'm almost guaranteed to meet up with a cat or two as I cycle
through local villages. I've had many a pleasant conversation with felines
as I pass by Yesterday I passed a cat that was sunning itself on the roof
of the car parked in the driveway to a house in one of the villages. As I
approached it sat up and meowed at me before starting to groom itself. As I
passed I meowed at it and it answered with a "Murrup!"

Cheers, helen s

Old September 21st 05, 09:36 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad the cats, and the neighbours, are happy. :-)
--
Adrian

Old September 22nd 05, 02:03 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 21 Sep 2005 11:07:23a, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

[...]

A little zoo! Neat!

--
Cheryl
Old September 23rd 05, 05:14 AM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

What a wonderful addition not just for your clowder but for your
neighbourhood! I would be entranced if I saw that too, I know :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester