Gretchen Marie is Sick

Old March 3rd 05, 04:48 AM
Arlene Knop

Default Gretchen Marie is Sick

Hi Everybody. Gretchen Marie has been sick for over a week. She
started throwing up a lot and having trouble making it to the
litterbox. Apparently, she had reached a toxic level of the medication
she takes for her over-active thyroid. The vet gave me some medicine to
help settle her tummy and temporarily took her off the thyroid pills.
She did not improve. I called and talked to another vet who agreed that
it could be toxicity but also that keeping her off the medication (it
had been nearly a week) could also cause the vomiting. Since Saturday.
she is getting the same medicine as an ointment rubbed into her ear.
She has thrown up a few times since then, but not as much as before.
The problem is, she has absolutely no appetite. I can only coax about a
tablespoon of food into her each day. She sleeps a lot, but also plays
with her ball in the middle of the night. I am very worried for her and
hope we can get past this. Please, please purr and pray for my little
best friend.

BTW, my eye surgery (vitrectomy) in January went well. They said it
will take four months for it to heal completely so I continue to do lots
of eye drops and follow-up visits with the eye doc. I am trying to
catch up and hope to spend more time on thuh pooter.

Thanks for your caring,
Arlene
Old March 3rd 05, 04:52 AM
Rebecca

Oh, Anti Arlene, datz so wurrisum. We will purr fur yoo an Gretchen Marie.
--
Rebecca, for her house

Old March 3rd 05, 05:09 AM
ClowderCat

Arlene Knop wrote:
[...]

We're purring our strongest purrs for both of you.

Chester, Clarence and Nathan

Old March 3rd 05, 05:26 AM
The Highland Kitties

The problem is, she has absolutely no appetite. I can only coax about a
tablespoon of food into her each day. She sleeps a lot, but also plays
with her ball in the middle of the night. I am very worried for her and
hope we can get past this. Please, please purr and pray for my little
best friend.

Oh no! We will all be purring our best purrs. Have you tried her on
some tuna water? All of the Highland Kitties love tuna water (though
Harri Roadcat is very picky and only tuna water from solid white tuna,
not the cheaper chunk light tuna). Or maybe some of that vitamin paste
stuff you smear on the paw that they then lick off when they clean
themselves?

The Highland Kitties -
Cleopatra
Amelia
Tabitha
Samuel and
Harri
Old March 3rd 05, 02:33 PM
Miss Violette

five cats settle into a circle on the warm waterbed of comfort and purr for
their friend and the hooman that is so worried... We hope all is better
soon, Miss Violette for her house

Old March 3rd 05, 03:21 PM
Fred Williams

In article ,
says...
[...]

Many purrrayers fur you and Gretchen Marie. We'll
all be purrrrin that all are healthy and happy in your
house. It's no fun bein sick. Give each other lots of
love, as you must already be doin', and may Bast bless.

--
Diana, Ryan, and our hooman, Fred
(Remove FFFf from ourownselves' email address to reply,
Old March 3rd 05, 04:06 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

Anaïs settles into a meatloaf position Purrrrrs uv healink to yew, GM.

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
3/3/2005 11:05:14 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old March 3rd 05, 05:46 PM
FurrsomeFoursome

Oh deer, so wurrisum.

Foursome Purrs and Maui-snorts frum heers so dat Gretchen Marie is back
tu herownself soon, an' Anti Arlene has no moore wurries.

Panda of Heelin'Purrs'n'GudThots Toes, fur de Foursome

Old March 3rd 05, 09:43 PM

FurrsomeFoursome wrote:
Oh deer, so wurrisum.

Foursome Purrs and Maui-snorts frum heers so dat Gretchen Marie is

back
tu herownself soon, an' Anti Arlene has no moore wurries.

Panda of Heelin'Purrs'n'GudThots Toes, fur de Foursome

The CooperCats send their best purrs. Wm, Mollie Anne and BK have the
loudest, but all of us are doing our best! Raphael, TKC, KWD, POTS,
*PA*

Old March 3rd 05, 09:55 PM
Ayeshalan

We're all furry sorry to hear that Gretchen Marie is sick! We'll all
be purring for her.

Mina (the Queen and Head Nurse)
Lilith (Chief of Security)
Kyouju (High Head-bumper)