"Manna" Recipe Needed - Ping Jill (and all other cooks)

Old September 26th 10, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default "Manna" Recipe Needed - Ping Jill (and all other cooks)

growing up the mayo was for waldorf, the whipped cream or -bletch-cool whip
was reserved for ambrosia, and of course, while we are on this, does anybody
know what i mean when i say "that pink stuff"? Lee
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 6:37 pm, Yowie wrote:
On 26/09/2010 8:27 AM, hopitus wrote:

On Sep 25, 10:59 am, wrote:
On Sep 24, 4:04 pm, wrote:

I can get them in my regular supermarket. They're right there with the
other canned fruit.

I looked last night and lo and behold they had them! And a tin of
evaporated milk.....fast and real comfort food for me! (I probably
hadn't noticed them recently because I rarely buy tinned fruit these
days) okay so probably not too good for me but after the week from
Hell- who cares? There are a lot worse things I could have had as a
treat

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I've been busy in RL and finally got back online. First word of CN on
the
mandarin oranges mentioned *whole*. Commonly canned are *segmented*
not *whole*. Turns out she did mean *segmented* but unluckily I was
first
responder and took it literally. Not, they are NOT tangerines. I am
from a
place where all manner of citrus grows all over the place, and it
ain't UK.
I am now in another place where LOL *no* citrus at all grows here as
it is
too d*** cold and dry. From what the OP posted I first had the wrong
idea
that she might be talking *kumquats* but no.
I am alone, apparently, in disliking Ambrosia/.whatever. I ate so much
fresh
raw coconut right off the trees (with my father hacking, pounding, and
cracking
for me) that as often results, I can't stand it now. And the final
reason I never
liked this popular salad/dessert is that from Day One I have hated
mayo. I hold
tuna salad together with *horseradish*. To each their own, LOL.

Ewwww, I can't imagine Ambrosia being held together by *mayo*. Yuck! And
none of my family particularly likes coconut (I don't mind fresh
coconut, but the dessicated is entirely forgettable). Therefore my
"American Salad" which you folks know as Ambrosia, is made with sour
cream and doesn't have coconut in it :-)

Yowie

LOL I don't wanna even imagine what it's held together with/by in
several of our
contributing countries (like Canada...held together by "p
yhr m outine"? LOL sorry Cheryl) the mind boggles. I *love* poutine
but that was
just a LOL example of .....it could be held together by many things
we can't even
imagine. Whipped cream was mentioned. Urk. I have no quarrel with sour
cream
and if that;s what Oz folks do, not bad IMHO.

Old September 26th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Sep 26, 5:33*am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
growing up the mayo was for waldorf, the whipped cream or -bletch-cool whip
was reserved for ambrosia, and of course, while we are on this, does anybody
know what i mean when i say "that pink stuff"?

Cool Whip is the same as Angel Delight in the UK I think? Awful stuff
especially the pink one

Old September 26th 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Sep 26, 5:33 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
growing up the mayo was for waldorf, the whipped cream or -bletch-cool whip
was reserved for ambrosia, and of course, while we are on this, does anybody
know what i mean when i say "that pink stuff"?

Cool Whip is the same as Angel Delight in the UK I think? Awful stuff
especially the pink one

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Do they still make that stuff?

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old September 26th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Sep 26, 7:54*am, Adrian wrote:

Do they still make that stuff?

Dunno and don't care mum used to force feed me it as a kid even
through I loathed it with a vengence- one of the great things about
being grown up as I eat what I like so I wouldn't even look for it in
the shops!

Old September 27th 10, 10:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

not sure about the names, but there is an ambrosia like salad but you stir
the package of red jello into the whipped cream or cool whip and then add
the other bits, pretty tastey but i used to hate looking at it, Lee