"Next" has arrived - OT again, but not entirely

Old June 4th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default "Next" has arrived - OT again, but not entirely

We don't have air conditioning. It was almost 100 F. here today. I finally
decided to open a window that has been shut since last fall. It's a bathroom
window. The bathroom off my bedroom. It opens into the carport. It's a pain
in the butt to open and will only stay open if propped up.

Well, as soon as I drew up the blind I saw a bullet hole in the glass. I
asked Dave to check it out. He said it was shot from outside coming in. Sure
enough, there was also a hole in the screen, same size, same level as the
hole in the glass, and shards of glass on the windowsill. I couldn't find
the bullet because I am using the bathtub as a big storage bin and it is
jammed with stuff. But I will eventually empty it out and see what might be
there.

This window could have been shot anytime between this morning and last fall
when I shut the window for the winter. The scary part is, judging by the
trajectory through the glass and screen, it had to have been done from
inside the carport.

I called the police to report this. They looked at it and then acted like it
was no big deal. Didn't even offer me the chance to make a written report. I
did ask for some paperwork as they were leaving because I want this to be on
their record. I don't exactly relish the idea of someone standing in the
carport taking shots through my windows. What if it had hit me, or one of
the cats?

I am not sure what to do now. I wonder if the county sheriff has
jurisdiction here within the city limits. I sure want to know what the heck
is going on here.

Old June 4th 11, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Pat wrote:
[...]

Off topic from bullet hole. that bathtub (storage bin) should have
water run into occasionally so the water seal won't dry out.
Old June 4th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

MLB wrote

Off topic from bullet hole. that bathtub (storage bin) should have water
run into occasionally so the water seal won't dry out.

Well, when I do empty the tub, it's going to be ripped out and installed in
the other bath, where there is currently only a shower. Then I will put the
washing machine in where the tub used to be.

Old June 4th 11, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

[...]

That's *creepy*. And I can't believe how the police acted, that's really
unprofessional.

Joyce

--
Time has changed me and left me full of doubt
And my heart may be lost, never to be found -- Alison Krauss
Old June 4th 11, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote

If the cops were out there did they make sure bullet did not end up
either in or through *opposite* wall from tub? Otherwise, what lead
to conclusion that it fell into the bathtub?

That would be my sorry state of mind. It is probably embedded in styrofoam
inside one of the boxes I had to remove from the bathtub to get to the
window to open the blind. I will check later, right now I gotta dig up some
blackberry starts and get them over to Dave at the farmer's market....

I am ignoring the whole puzzle of how shooter gained entrance into
garage.

Not garage - carport. Enclosed carport. But it has no door. Well, actually
there is a door, but it's not attached yet.