OMG, my heart!

Old March 21st 04, 03:40 AM
badwilson

Default OMG, my heart!

Vino just about caused me to have a heart attack this morning. I'm sitting
here as usual with my cereal and NG. Suddenly a deafening bang with
crashing, then Vino galloping down the stairs. I shot straight out of my
chair, heart pounding.
Turns out that Vino must have been being a nosy bad boy and climbed up on
this ledge on our landing. I have 3 pictures leaning on the ledge and he
knocked the centre one off. These pictures are not small, so some effort
was expended! Glass was everywhere, I've never seen a picture break into as
many fragments :-(
I turned to Vino and said: "You certainly haven't endeared yourself to me
with this stunt."
I went out and grabbed the broom and dustpan and put on some shoes while I
swept up all the glass. It took forever because the glass fragments were on
every single stair, the landing, and underneath the stairs. Sigh.
At least Vino had the decency to look thoroughly guilty about the whole
thing. He slunk around with his head down and watched the clean-up process
very sombrely. Now he seems a bit scared of the landing. He's meatloafing
on the 2nd to top step of the lower part of the stairs before the landing
and won't go any higher. I'm sure he'll get over it soon, but hopefully
he'll leave my other 2 pictures alone now!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 21st 04, 05:38 PM
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
Vino just about caused me to have a heart attack this morning. I'm
sitting here as usual with my cereal and NG. Suddenly a deafening
bang with crashing, then Vino galloping down the stairs.

(snip)

Bad Vino! But it's okay to go up the stairs, just don't knock over the
other 2 pictures.

Jill (at least he had the grace to look guilty)

Old March 21st 04, 11:22 PM
Mischief

I have a collection of glass animals that I've had since I was a kid.
It's up at my parent's house in northern california, but I dare not
bring it down to Los Angeles.

Kristen and I have talked about getting a set of shelves or something,
but we both know how futile it would be. It would only be a matter of
time until things got knocked off.

Kristi
Old March 22nd 04, 01:33 AM
Duke of URL

In m,
Mischief radiated into the WorldWideWait:

I have a collection of glass animals that I've had since I was a
kid. It's up at my parent's house in northern california, but I
dare not bring it down to Los Angeles.
Kristen and I have talked about getting a set of shelves or
something, but we both know how futile it would be. It would only
be a matter of time until things got knocked off.

What, you've never heard of going to the hardware store and buying
stickum?
OTOH, it would be ultimately futile, since your earthquakes are going
to eat your LA house soon anyhow. Better to leave them where your
heirs can get them to remember you by.
--
From the one-and-only Holy MosesĀ®

Old March 22nd 04, 03:12 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
badwilson wrote:
Vino just about caused me to have a heart attack this morning. I'm
sitting here as usual with my cereal and NG. Suddenly a deafening
bang with crashing, then Vino galloping down the stairs.

(snip)

Bad Vino! But it's okay to go up the stairs, just don't knock over the
other 2 pictures.

Jill (at least he had the grace to look guilty)

Oh, he was back up the stairs about an hour later. But yes, it was quite
decent of him to look guilty. I hadn't expected it, normally he doesn't
"do" guilty.

Old March 22nd 04, 03:13 AM
badwilson

"Duke of URL" macbenahATkdsiDOTnet wrote in message
In m,
Mischief radiated into the WorldWideWait:

I have a collection of glass animals that I've had since I was a
kid. It's up at my parent's house in northern california, but I
dare not bring it down to Los Angeles.
Kristen and I have talked about getting a set of shelves or
something, but we both know how futile it would be. It would only
be a matter of time until things got knocked off.

What, you've never heard of going to the hardware store and buying
stickum?
OTOH, it would be ultimately futile, since your earthquakes are going
to eat your LA house soon anyhow. Better to leave them where your
heirs can get them to remember you by.

Thanks for the idea, I think I'll attach the tops of the other 2 pictures to
the wall with double sided tape. That should make them harder to knock
over.

Old March 22nd 04, 03:29 AM
Jo Firey

"Mischief" wrote in message
m...
I have a collection of glass animals that I've had since I was a kid.
It's up at my parent's house in northern california, but I dare not
bring it down to Los Angeles.

Kristen and I have talked about getting a set of shelves or something,
but we both know how futile it would be. It would only be a matter of
time until things got knocked off.

Kristi

Well, in LA you would want them attached to a shelf with earthquake putty
anyway, so that might deter the cats?

Jo

Old March 22nd 04, 03:52 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 22nd 04, 04:45 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote

Thanks for the idea, I think I'll attach the tops of the other 2 pictures

the wall with double sided tape. That should make them harder to knock
over.

My sister has glued a couple of cat figurines to the top of a cabinet to
keep them safe from the cats. I have my ornaments inside an ornamental
cabinet with glass doors.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

PING Yowie - Share a story, please? Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 6 December 14th 03 02:15 PM
kitten across street breaking my heart P. Cox Cat anecdotes 14 November 13th 03 08:56 PM
heart murmer? Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 October 28th 03 10:27 PM
Burmese and heart problems Sarah Cat anecdotes 5 September 22nd 03 12:36 AM