OT Hummingbird

Old May 11th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default OT Hummingbird

I caught a glimpse of a hummer on Saturday but this morning I got a good
look at a male on one of my feeders. Gutsy birds- it was 25 degrees (F)
early this morning. He sampled different ports before flying off. I
hope he can find some bugs to eat.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 11th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

I caught a glimpse of a hummer on Saturday but this morning I got a good
look at a male on one of my feeders. Gutsy birds- it was 25 degrees (F)
early this morning. He sampled different ports before flying off. I
hope he can find some bugs to eat.

25F?? I didn't think it got that cold in May, not even in the mountains
in New Hampshire! Is that unusual?

Joyce

--
If we discovered we only had five minutes left to say all that we
wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people
Old May 11th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Joyce asked:

25F?? I didn't think it got that cold in
May, not even in the mountains in New
Hampshire! Is that unusual?

It's a bit low but I checked my records for the last few years. 30
degrees was noted a number of times even in late May. What was unusual
was the dusting of snow on Sunday and Monday mornings.

Old May 13th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Two came here then it turned off cool again and I haven't seen them. Have
my six feeders lined up to fill.