Resolve "Easy clean"

Old October 7th 11, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Resolve "Easy clean"

I just bought a Resolve "easy clean" It's a device with a long handle
brush and foam dispenser that makes it easy to scrub stains (from cat
vomit) in a carpet. It's only $15 at Walmart and seems to do the job.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 7th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I just bought a Resolve "easy clean" It's a device with a long handle
brush and foam dispenser that makes it easy to scrub stains (from cat
vomit) in a carpet. It's only $15 at Walmart and seems to do the job.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I'll have to look into that.

Joy
In Southern California

Old October 9th 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I just bought a Resolve "easy clean" It's a device with a long handle
brush and foam dispenser that makes it easy to scrub stains (from cat
vomit) in a carpet. It's only $15 at Walmart and seems to do the job.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I really want to have my (ugh, white... Mom, what were you thinking?!)
carpet professionally cleaned but I worry about the chemicals they use. I
also wonder where I'd stash Persia while they were cleaning it. I
definitely don't want to lock her in the bathroom; she'd think she was being
punished or (worse) going to the vet. It's not her fault she sometimes
vomits or horks up a hairball. I've got some Resolve foaming carpet cleaner
but it doesn't seem to work all that well.

Jill

Old October 10th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I just bought a Resolve "easy clean" It's a device with a long handle
brush and foam dispenser that makes it easy to scrub stains (from cat
vomit) in a carpet. It's only $15 at Walmart and seems to do the job.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I really want to have my (ugh, white... Mom, what were you thinking?!)
carpet professionally cleaned but I worry about the chemicals they use. I
also wonder where I'd stash Persia while they were cleaning it. I
definitely don't want to lock her in the bathroom; she'd think she was being
punished or (worse) going to the vet. It's not her fault she sometimes
vomits or horks up a hairball. I've got some Resolve foaming carpet cleaner
but it doesn't seem to work all that well.

Jill

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you have a ChemDry cleaning service in your area? I have used them for
several years (light, champagne-colored carpet). The carpet is "almost" dry
when they leave, and it takes very little time to finish drying. I do turn
my ceiling fans on high for awhile. They also sell spray cans of cleaner,
which I use. They use a water-based carbonated solution. It is essentially
like using club soda for cleaning (a trick I learned years when a
stewardess--as they were called then--spilled something on me and
immediately returned with a bottle of club soda for cleaning it). No harsh
chemicals!! I sit in the sunroom with Holly and Duffy while they are here.
You would have to come up with your own solution for Persia, but even the
bathroom should not be a terrible experience for her because it does not
take long to clean and dry.

MaryL

Old October 10th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
[...]

I used ChemDry when I had my Maine Coon. After she was gone, with
infected
paws and throat cancer I asked for their formula information, which they
have to
supply...Do ask for those details, and read well. I can only say that
her problems
correlated, not that it was causal, but I dearly loved that cat.
Sylvia R.

Old October 11th 11, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
[...]

[Note to MaryL: I still can't see your posts. Please shoot me an email -
my address is not munged - so I can add you back to the "safe senders" list.
I think I killfiled yahoo during an influx of trolls and I can't figure out
how to "un-killfile" the domain.]

The only service available around here is to do carpet cleaning is Stanley
Steemer or Merry Maids. I could rent a carpet cleaning machine at the
grocery store. But frankly, I'm too lazy to do it myself. This is a BIG
living room. And it's not like Persia's never going to hork up a hairball
again so there's no point in cleaning it now.

As for the safety of the stuff they use, I have people tell me all the time
oh sure, the chemicals are safe to use around pets. I don't trust any of
them. Their job is to sell you their service. They don't get paid to worry
about your pets.

I really should buy some club soda, though. G I learned the same trick as
Mary, except I was working in a restaurant. Club soda is a good cleaning
agent

Jill

Old October 11th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

The easy clean instructions say to vacuum the area cleaned after it
dries. Any chemicals should be removed in the vacuum.

Old October 11th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Oct 7, 11:37*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I just bought a Resolve "easy clean" *It's a device with a long handle
brush and foam dispenser that makes it easy to scrub stains (from cat
vomit) in a carpet. *It's only $15 at Walmart and seems to do the job.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I use that for spots on the carpet that Mischief and Imp pee on.
Mischief misses the wee wee pads and Imp has decided that under the
desk where Trouble hangs out is 'his' spot.

*sigh*

I also pre-treat the area with a bunch of Nature's Miracle

of course this is when I can actually AFFORD to buy this stuff.

Kristi