Food for flat nosed cat?

Old October 31st 03, 01:16 AM
Cheryl

In ,
PawsForThought composed with style:
http://www.bc-labradoodles.com/

How strange. I've never heard of these dogs before.

Me neither....
Shame on me. I missed the opportunity to shamelessly plug my friends
poodle site.
http://www.paulaspoodles.atfreeweb.com/

Old October 31st 03, 07:38 AM
-L.

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
In ,
kaeli composed with style:
In article , darnit7
@aol.comnolitter enlightened us with...

http://www.thecatsite.com/cat_breeds....php?a=persian

It's really sinful how they've bred PKD into persians along with the
ugly face. It should be condemned. A friend of mine breeds poodles
and was looking into finding a stud for her newest standard poodle
bitch and found one she really likes. The problem is, the breeder
will only allow her stud to mate with Labs. She breeds Labradoodles.
My friend is completely against this.
http://www.bc-labradoodles.com/

While I don't like this new trend toward "hybrid breeds" I must admit
that the one labradoodle I met was awesome.

When I was young my brother's red doberman pinscer male mated with his
friend's purebred weimereiner bitch. The puppies were awesome. The
males looked like shiny light-colored silver-red dobes, no markings,
with the grey eyes. The females looked like weimies with the same
shiny, shimmering red coat. I would kill to have another one of those
hybrids, now.

-L.

Old October 31st 03, 07:41 AM
-L.

"Karen M." wrote in message ...
I was asked about this by a woman I know who adopted a flat-nosed
Himalayan (sp?). Is there a particular kind of bowl or food that is best
for such a cat? He has a harder time eating his food. She just got the
Royal Canin for Persians, but I don't know if that is for Persians due
to their flat faces, or some kind of special dietary requirements?
Anybody?? Thanks!

Persians tend to have cardiomyopathy, so I'd be sure she is dilligent
in keeping the kitty vetted, and avoid foods which might contribute to
heat disease (ask the vet). As for food, wet food will be easier to
eat although Persians also tend to have bad teeth, so again, she will
have to keep on top of it. At the vet we fed the Perisans in a wide,
flat bowl much like a saucer.

-L.

Old October 31st 03, 08:16 AM
Laura Burchard

In article ,
PawsForThought wrote:
That's so sad, for the cat, and pathetic that the judges or whoever decides the
breed standard would allow this

Allow it? They created it. Same for the bat-faced siamese versus the
traditional applehead. It's why I've come to consider cat shows/the whole
breeder circuit menaces. If you are trying to preserve traditionally
regional variations, breed for love, not egoboo and prizes. And if you are
breeding freaks, deformities, and crossbreeds, you should be shamed, not
feted. Bleah.

Laura

--
Laura Burchard -- -- http://www.radix.net/~lhb

"Good design is clear thinking made visible." -- Edward Tufte