Pine Cone announces this summer's voyage

Old March 9th 04, 03:56 AM
Tanada

Samuel R Kitten wrote:

Wow! That sounds like a whole lot of fun. By that time I'll no longer be
a baby kitten - I'll be just past my 1st purrday. I'd be honored to join
you on your voyage, Captain.

Sammy R Kitten

Aye, younglin, you'll be big enough then. The question is will you be
brave enough to brave the dangers of the sea...the wales, storms,
crowded litter boxes, getting wet. If you can handle those, you'll be
more than welcome to join the crew.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 9th 04, 04:02 AM
Tanada

Mischief wrote:

Mischief: I'd be honored to join yer crew, capt'n. I've been cooped
up in this apartment waaaaaaaaay too long and I'm dying to get some
fresh air. There's just one catch. My stupid hoomin says she'll only
let me go on the voyage if Imp comes along with me. It's sooooooooo
STUPID!! Imp runs away from his shadow! There's no WAY he would make
it as a pirate cat.

Tell your buddy not to worry, we'll make a TOM out of him by the time
the voyage is done. If not, we'll just lock him in with the fat wench,
and he can help her around the hold.

Cap'n Pine Cone, trying to remember where he mislaid his pirate cat songbook

Old March 9th 04, 03:51 PM
Mischief

Aye Aye Capt'n! where shall we meet to board? Imp and I are from a
place called Van Nyes, close to a place called Los Angelus. Just give
us the word, and we'll be there

Mischief and Imp
Old March 9th 04, 04:13 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Dear Capt Pine Cone,

I would like to join this years pirate cat voyage. Meowmy wouldn't let
me go last year because I had just come to live with her and Paw and
they were afraid I wouldn't come back. How silly hoomins are. Why
wouldn't I return to a soft bed, plenty of food and warm shelter after
spending a cold, wet winter outside. Anyhow, I managed to live on my
own for awhile and am good at hunting my own food. I'll be happy to help
catch wales and purposes. I know that Hobbes usually joins the crew and
I can keep an eye on him and make sure that he behaves himself. I bite
him on the ear when he least suspects it and hiss at him when he's doing
no wrong. He isn't sure what to think of me now and watches me warily.
Paw tells him that I'm just a typical female and that he'll have to get
used to it, but I know exactly what I'm doing. I look forward to hearing
from you and hope that I get to join your crew this year.

With a parrot in my jaws....ummm on my shoulder, I mean.
Lacey

Tanada wrote:

March 7,2004

Okay, Swabbies,

We're looking to start up for our pirate cat voyage of discovery and
fishies for 2004. Our Buddy, Adam, is being sent to Germany in May by
the hoomins he works for. We gotta go rescue him.

So I propose that we meet, dockside, at Roanoke Island, USA on June 1,
2004 and set sail for Burope and save Adam from working for the
hoomins. I then propose that we sail towards the south seas, collect
more crew members there, and find out about the fleshpots of taheetee,
hawaee, and the phillipeans. I figure we can have a grand old time,
kick some d*ggy b*tt, and find treasure galore.

What say ye? Are we going adventuring this summer? Are you mateys with
us or yellow livered d*g b*tt licking, cowards?

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Hoomin note.

Pine Cone has been after me to work on and update his web site. I'm
still not through, but I've added a couple of pages, changed a few
things, and I'm still not happy. But it's at
http://home.earthlink.net/~tanada for those who want to see how the
boss (he thinks) cat is doing.

Pam S.

Old March 9th 04, 04:16 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Tanada wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Aye aye Capn!

Fez and Rufous reporting for duty. We wanted to come last time, but
we were too young then. We're now almost 10 months old, so we should
be ok at sea.

Welcome aboard swabbies. We can use some good strong young blood
around here. Just don't get any thoughts in yer heads about dumpin
over the bait buckets. The hoomins may not tolerate it this year.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. who expects the hoomins to do as they're told

Pssst, Fez and Rufous - Hobbes told me all about the fish bate buckets
being turned over and it sounds like great fun! Small fishes flopping
all over the deck and all the kittens chasing them around everywhere.
It might be something that we'll have to try one evening when no one is
watching. Sshhhh, don't tell anyone.

Lacey

Old March 9th 04, 08:52 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Tanada wrote:

March 7,2004

Okay, Swabbies,

We're looking to start up for our pirate cat voyage of discovery and
fishies for 2004. Our Buddy, Adam, is being sent to Germany in May by
the hoomins he works for. We gotta go rescue him.

Yo Capt Pine Cone,

Yer fellow pirate Hobbes here requesting permission for myself and
Selena to join the crew of the Good Ship Mouser again this year. We've
had such a great time the past few years we wouldn't dare miss the
adventure this year. Of course Selena was waiting to see if Amber was
going to join up this year so I finally told her that he was probably
waiting to see if she was signing on. So she said to sign her up as
well. So me matey, please consider Selena and for the 2004 pirate adventure.

Hobbes and Selena

Old March 9th 04, 09:17 PM
Denise VanDyke

Dear Capt. Pine Cone,

I would like to go wif you on the ship. I'm good at hunting, but I'm an
indoor kitty and mostly hunt fuzzy mousies and spiders and bugs (but not
stinky bugs). My meowmy sez I should ask if we gotta share the hoomins
on board. She sez I don't share well wif others. I don't know what she
means by that, but she sez it's not nice to not share. I think I can
share the hoomins, but should I bring my meowmy wif me? Then I could
leave the other hoomins to the other kitties. She's good at filling
food dishes and playing throw-the-toy and scooping the litter (although
that could be a little more often for my tastes). She doesn't
understand cat-speak very well, but she gets the gist of the message
eventually. She likes other kitties, but I'd prefer to keep her lap to
myself. Maybe she could help with brushing other kitties? Then maybe
she would stop trying to brush me.

Yours,

Brenna Buggesbane

Old March 9th 04, 10:12 PM
Tanada

Julie Snowshoe wrote:

[...]

Lacey, you're welcome aboard. The parrot sounds yummy, er, I mean like
a nice touch. I'm looking forward to ea, I mean seeing it.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 9th 04, 10:14 PM
Tanada

Julie Snowshoe wrote:

Yo Capt Pine Cone,

Yer fellow pirate Hobbes here requesting permission for myself and
Selena to join the crew of the Good Ship Mouser again this year. We've
had such a great time the past few years we wouldn't dare miss the
adventure this year. Of course Selena was waiting to see if Amber was
going to join up this year so I finally told her that he was probably
waiting to see if she was signing on. So she said to sign her up as
well. So me matey, please consider Selena and for the 2004 pirate
adventure.

Hobbes and Selena

No Problems, Hobbes and Selena. Just don't start any mutinies this
year, or tip over bait buckets, Okay?

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. who remembers Selena's activities last year

Old March 9th 04, 10:17 PM
Tanada

Denise VanDyke wrote:

[...]

Arrrr, Brenna, welcome aboard. You can bring your hoomin with you, so
long as we don't get a sudden spate of mateys demanding to bring their
hoomin escorts. The fat wench gets to sneezing something awful after
she's brushed six extra cats or so, so we can use extra cat servants.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.