Tubby the farmcat

Old March 20th 04, 09:34 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Tubby the farmcat

Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. That if he survived the infection, the drug would probably kill
him soon afterwards. Furthermore, Tubby hated the medication so much
that he would run whenever he saw Carol Ann coming over. He even moved
out of the house and started spending all his time outside. This was
very hard for both Carol Ann and Tubby.
She said she sat down with Tubby and told him she wouldn't torture him
anymore, "No more pills Tubby", she said. He then jumped on her lap and
headbutted her, thanking her for that choice. He might be able to fight
off the infection on his own, if he starts eating. Which he has. But not
what you expected. He's caught a couple of mice and ate them. Now Carol
Ann has gone and bought him feeder mice from Petsmart (I know, she
wasn't feeling good about it, she called them "rats" because that would
make her feel more at ease) for Tubby. He seems better, but still sick.
At least he's eating. I suggested green tea to help boost his immune
system, she's going to try that too.
It's really amazing how much people care. Everybody who goes to the farm
asks about him and many bring various foods for him to try, from Rx cans
to fresh organic chicken livers. He's a very loved cat.
I'll keep purring for him to beat the infection and to have many more
years greeting visitors to the farm.

Regards.

Victor

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 20th 04, 09:59 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication.

(snip rats/mice description)
It's really amazing how much people care. Everybody who goes to the
farm asks about him and many bring various foods for him to try, from
Rx cans to fresh organic chicken livers. He's a very loved cat.
I'll keep purring for him to beat the infection and to have many more
years greeting visitors to the farm.

Regards.

Victor

Perhaps some barley? I don't know what kind of infection Tubby has but if
it's a UTI, Persia has benefited much from 'barley' (acquired from Drs.
Foster/Smith web site).

Good luck to Tubby!

Jill

Old March 20th 04, 11:05 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
Perhaps some barley? I don't know what kind of infection Tubby has but if
it's a UTI, Persia has benefited much from 'barley' (acquired from Drs.

It's a fungal infection.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 20th 04, 11:08 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Victor Martinez at
wrote on 3/20/04 2:34 PM:

[...]

Well, it's a natural diet and he is eating, so it might be a case of nature
knowing the right thing. I hope Tubby fights it off. What was the med??

Karen

Old March 20th 04, 11:47 PM
Victor Martinez

Karen Chuplis wrote:
knowing the right thing. I hope Tubby fights it off. What was the med??

Itraconazole

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 21st 04, 12:12 AM
Jette Goldie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Perhaps some barley? I don't know what kind of infection Tubby has but

if
it's a UTI, Persia has benefited much from 'barley' (acquired from Drs.

It's a fungal infection.

I wonder if those "live culture yoghurts" would help? Very
effective with helping humans with certain fungal infections.

The bacteria in the yoghurt even reduce the amount of
lactose in the milk, which makes it tolerable even to a
lactose intollerant human like me.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 21st 04, 01:05 AM
Tanada

Victor Martinez wrote:

She said she sat down with Tubby and told him she wouldn't torture him
anymore, "No more pills Tubby", she said. He then jumped on her lap and
headbutted her, thanking her for that choice. He might be able to fight
off the infection on his own, if he starts eating. Which he has. But not
what you expected. He's caught a couple of mice and ate them. Now Carol
Ann has gone and bought him feeder mice from Petsmart (I know, she
wasn't feeling good about it, she called them "rats" because that would
make her feel more at ease) for Tubby. He seems better, but still sick.
At least he's eating. I suggested green tea to help boost his immune
system, she's going to try that too.

Continuing healing purrs and thoughts for Tubby. Please continue to
keep us informed about him. Has Carol Ann tried baby food yet?

Pam S. who swears that Berfert was brought back with a combination of
baby food and antibiotics

Old March 21st 04, 04:37 AM
Sam Nash

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
snipped
Purrs for Tubby to improve with more natural remedies.
Sam

Old March 21st 04, 04:57 AM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote
[...]

We'll keep purring for Tubby, too. Let's hope the natural diet will take
care of the problem.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 21st 04, 05:54 AM
badwilson

I'll keep purring for him too. Thanks for the update, Victor.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: