Bathroom cat on the porch

Old May 16th 05, 07:08 AM
Charlie Wilkes

Default Bathroom cat on the porch

The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
large-dog size and should be reasonably comfortable. I investigated
weekend vet options in the area and none were acceptable, so the cat
is parked there until tomorrow a.m.

I didn't want to risk opening the door to put a litter box in the
porter, so I tipped it up and poured litter in through the gate. When
I set it back down, the litter was reasonably collected in the rear of
the porter, allowing a clean area in front.

This cat is fastidious and retained its bowels until the litter was
available, even though it ate a big meal immediately before being shut
up in the porter.

It has been growling at me and giving me a look of raw hatred every
time I approach the porter, so naturally I have been keeping Holly
away -- she is a big dog of the kind that normally alarms cats.

But I let Holly out a little while ago and did not bother to stop her
when she sniffed at the gate. I noticed the bathroom cat didn't react
much.

Holly likes to lounge on the porch. I just stepped out and she was
peacefully reclined in her usual spot, about four feet in front of the
gate to the pet porter. I peered at the bathroom cat through a slot
on the side of the pet porter. Its eyes were closed, and for the
first time ever, I heard it purring.

Charlie
Old May 16th 05, 11:57 AM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
large-dog size and should be reasonably comfortable. I investigated
weekend vet options in the area and none were acceptable, so the cat
is parked there until tomorrow a.m.

I didn't want to risk opening the door to put a litter box in the
porter, so I tipped it up and poured litter in through the gate. When
I set it back down, the litter was reasonably collected in the rear of
the porter, allowing a clean area in front.

It sounds like you made the best of a bad situation.

This cat is fastidious and retained its bowels until the litter was
available, even though it ate a big meal immediately before being shut
up in the porter.

It has been growling at me and giving me a look of raw hatred every
time I approach the porter, so naturally I have been keeping Holly
away -- she is a big dog of the kind that normally alarms cats.

But I let Holly out a little while ago and did not bother to stop her
when she sniffed at the gate. I noticed the bathroom cat didn't react
much.

Charlie? Bathroom cat needs a new name!

Holly likes to lounge on the porch. I just stepped out and she was
peacefully reclined in her usual spot, about four feet in front of the
gate to the pet porter. I peered at the bathroom cat through a slot
on the side of the pet porter. Its eyes were closed, and for the
first time ever, I heard it purring.

Holly sounds like a sweetie, and BC sounds like she/he may
be reformable. Good luck at the vet today.

Old May 16th 05, 02:22 PM
bigbadbarry

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
Charlie

I think you should move forward and give the new cat a bath

Old May 16th 05, 04:07 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 16 May 2005 06:57:14 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

But I let Holly out a little while ago and did not bother to stop her
when she sniffed at the gate. I noticed the bathroom cat didn't react
much.

Charlie? Bathroom cat needs a new name!

I just want to let it go.

Holly likes to lounge on the porch. I just stepped out and she was
peacefully reclined in her usual spot, about four feet in front of the
gate to the pet porter. I peered at the bathroom cat through a slot
on the side of the pet porter. Its eyes were closed, and for the
first time ever, I heard it purring.

Holly sounds like a sweetie, and BC sounds like she/he may
be reformable. Good luck at the vet today.

Holly will chase a cat in the yard. But cats warm up to her in a
hurry, I have noticed. Tweaker practically worships her. I used to
have a pet rooster who really liked her too.

I think the bathroom cat feels safe inside the pet porter and was
enjoying Holly's company and the mild spring air last night. That cat
hates my guts though, no doubt about it.

Charlie
Old May 16th 05, 04:19 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On 16 May 2005 06:22:41 -0700, "bigbadbarry"
wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
Charlie

I think you should move forward and give the new cat a bath

It would be a blood bath with me as the spigot.

Charlie
Old May 16th 05, 04:32 PM
Philip

wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
Charlie

I think you should move forward and give the new cat a bath

It would be a blood bath with me as the spigot.

Charlie

Charlie: First, trim the talons off the cat's claws. The trick in washing
a recalcitrant pussy is to hold it up by the nape between the shoulder
blades (NOT the nape of the neck because this will choke an adult cat) so
the cat cannot get traction and cannot bite you. With the other hand you
hose your pussy with barely warm water. Once soaked, pussies usually resign
themselves but remember ... don't let your guard down.

Old May 16th 05, 04:54 PM
Charlie Wilkes

wrote:

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
The bathroom cat is on the porch in the pet porter, which is the
Charlie

I think you should move forward and give the new cat a bath

It would be a blood bath with me as the spigot.

Charlie

Charlie: First, trim the talons off the cat's claws. The trick in washing
a recalcitrant pussy is to hold it up by the nape between the shoulder
blades (NOT the nape of the neck because this will choke an adult cat) so
the cat cannot get traction and cannot bite you. With the other hand you
hose your pussy with barely warm water. Once soaked, pussies usually resign
themselves but remember ... don't let your guard down.

Sounds like you're qualified to write a field guide to wet pussies.

Charlie

Old May 16th 05, 04:55 PM
Karen

[...]

Apparently the dog looks more like a cat than you do

Old May 16th 05, 06:13 PM

Can't you bring the cat in now and board her for a day at the vet? She
shouldn't have to be stuck in a carrier with urine, feces and no food or
water!! Especially for anotherday! That's unfair to her and I don't see
why the vet can't take her today and spay her tomorrow. Please be kind
and at least get her to the clinic today.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old May 16th 05, 06:48 PM
bigbadbarry

providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the

decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings

and
material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come

his
way."

- W.H. Murray

I have to say this: This is what is called nagging. Give the dude some
credit -- dang!

Tell ya what...send Charlie the money for the vet then you have a right
to call some shots. Charlie might decide he needs groceries and turn
the cat loose instead of pay the vet. Being right about something does
not give you the right to nag.

bsppptttpttptptptpt!

You ain't trying to help, all you read was a cat in a cage.