Advice Please: Stray Kitten

Old May 29th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Default PING PHIL!! Advice Please: Stray Kitten

"Searcher7" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 28, 9:01 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote

The kitten definitely has to be gone by tomorrow because I'm leaving
for vacation and this has already kept me from doing things that
should have been done today.

Please drop these folks an email.

http://maxshouse.com/about_us.htm

Things are not looking good for this kitten.

It refuses to eat or drink and this morning it's eyes were "glued"
shut.(I tried to feed the kitten some Pedialyte I picked up to no
avail).

It's still pretty active, and has been attempting to get out of the
box I put it in.

But I've not been given any satisfacory answer by any of the
veterinarians, clinics, ect I've visited and called.

You won't they won't give full details over the phone without an examination

I'm about to be forced to put it back outside.(There are many things
that I have to do today before I leave for my trip).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

What? PLEASE call the local animal rescue before you do that at least give
the furball a fighting chance. They will come pick it up or at least take
it a to a vet and drop him off and tell them the situation at you can't keep
an eye on them and for them to call the local shelter

Old May 29th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Searcher7

On May 29, 1:47 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote in message

[...]

an eye on them and for them to call the local shelter- Hide quoted text -

As amazing as it sounds, I cannot find any shelter that I can take the
kitten to.

Every response to every call I've made so far consists of referrals to
another agency, requests to leave my number, or no answer at all.
There is one that is supposed to come by, but they don't know when.(I
should be heading into NYC now to pick up bus my tickets. This has
gone on too long).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old May 29th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 29 May, 18:47, "Matthew" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote in message

[...]

Wow... that is ever so sad!!
I find it inexplicable that no one is willing to help out, even though
it is a bank Holiday.
Shocking actually!!
S.....

Old May 29th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Searcher7" wrote
As amazing as it sounds, I cannot find any shelter that I can take the
kitten to.

Every response to every call I've made so far consists of referrals to
another agency, requests to leave my number, or no answer at all.
There is one that is supposed to come by, but they don't know when.(I
should be heading into NYC now to pick up bus my tickets. This has
gone on too long).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Do you have any friends? If you put that kitten back outside,
I would not want to be you. This **** comes back on you Darren.
*shiver*

Old May 29th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Searcher7" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 28, 9:01 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote

The kitten definitely has to be gone by tomorrow because I'm leaving
for vacation and this has already kept me from doing things that
should have been done today.

Please drop these folks an email.

http://maxshouse.com/about_us.htm

Things are not looking good for this kitten.

Did you even TRY to contact Phil at maxshouse? They are
in NYC.

What the hell is wrong with you, Darren?

Old May 29th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Searcher7" wrote in message
[...]

NO! Do not put that poor little kitten outside. You would not only be
condemning it to death, you would be condemning it to what could be a
*terrible* death. Please take it to a vet and leave it with them for some
care, or drive to an animal shelter (don't just call them) and leave it
there. But DON'T abandon him outside.

MaryL

Old May 29th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Searcher7

On May 29, 3:05 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 28, 9:01 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote

The kitten definitely has to be gone by tomorrow because I'm leaving
for vacation and this has already kept me from doing things that
should have been done today.

Please drop these folks an email.

http://maxshouse.com/about_us.htm

Things are not looking good for this kitten.

Did you even TRY to contact Phil at maxshouse? They are
in NYC.

What the hell is wrong with you, Darren?

What the hell is wrong with you?

I e-mailed yesterday, and received no response whatsoever.(Which has
been typical when trying to deal with these agencies that are supposed
to care for animals).

But perhaps they are on vacation too.

I found a guy a few houses away who has cats. I knocked on his
door(noticing there where a couple of small kittens about the same
size as the one I found playing around on his porch). He said to bring
it over.

To make a long story short, his brother? net me upon my return and
said that he had taken a head count and the kitten was not one of his.
He said that it wouldn't be a good idea to take it because it might
get the others sick, and he was planning on getting rids of some of
his cats anyway.(He then advised me to let it go in the alley).

Well, I gave it my best shot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old May 29th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Searcher7

On May 29, 3:07 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote in message

[...]

MaryL- Hide quoted text -

If one person had a bead on a shelter/clinic/vet that would take this
kitten, it would have been gone a long time ago. I've run into a brick
wall with every one I called, and the three I walked to.(No one's
recommendation has worked).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Old May 29th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

oups.com...
wrote:
"Searcher7" wrote in message

[...]

Mary, I think this asshole is a troll. No decent person would do this.

**** you, Darren, and your imaginary kitten.