Just like Mommy...

Old April 24th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default Just like Mommy...

I heard a funny noise and I thought Tessie was scratching at the
armchair in the livingroom so I went out there to yell at her... only
she wasn't there! And I could still hear the funny noise. Then I
realised it was coming from the bathroom, so I went to see what on
earth she was up to and guess what I saw? Poor Tessie was standing in
the litterbox pulling sheet after sheet of paper down into the
litterbox. lol I'm not sure how she came to grab it, but once it was
in the litterbox, she had she didn't have any solution other than to
keep on going... and I'm sure she was thinking 'where the heck does
this thing END?!'
Old April 25th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:45:10 -0400, Kajikit wrote:

I heard a funny noise and I thought Tessie was scratching at the armchair
in the livingroom so I went out there to yell at her... only she wasn't
there! And I could still hear the funny noise. Then I realised it was
coming from the bathroom, so I went to see what on earth she was up to and
guess what I saw? Poor Tessie was standing in the litterbox pulling sheet
after sheet of paper down into the litterbox. lol I'm not sure how she
came to grab it, but once it was in the litterbox, she had she didn't have
any solution other than to keep on going... and I'm sure she was thinking
'where the heck does this thing END?!'

If you need tips on how to end the behavior, I have a couple:

1) mount the roll so the paper comes off next to the wall;
2) if that doesn't work, get a very light weight plastic bowl (a lot of
stuff is packed in suitable containers), fill the bowl about half full of
water and balance it on the roll so that when the cat pulls down on the
front of the roll, she gets drenched - I've never had to do that more than
twice to the same cat, and only to two cats in the last 35 years (the last
time was when Fluffy was young [she's 17 now] ... she still won't go
anywhere near a TP roll).

I'm trying to type with Fleagor across my arm - 13 pounds of very
affectionate cat. It's not easy.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old April 25th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kajikit wrote:
I heard a funny noise and I thought Tessie was scratching at the
armchair in the livingroom so I went out there to yell at her... only
she wasn't there! And I could still hear the funny noise. Then I
realised it was coming from the bathroom, so I went to see what on
earth she was up to and guess what I saw? Poor Tessie was standing in
the litterbox pulling sheet after sheet of paper down into the
litterbox. lol I'm not sure how she came to grab it, but once it was
in the litterbox, she had she didn't have any solution other than to
keep on going... and I'm sure she was thinking 'where the heck does
this thing END?!'

Poor baby, how confusing. OTOH, Miranda used to do that quite on
purpose, so you never know. The litterbox just didn't happen to be
anywhere near the TP roll.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 25th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
I heard a funny noise and I thought Tessie was scratching at the
armchair in the livingroom so I went out there to yell at her... only
she wasn't there! And I could still hear the funny noise. Then I
realised it was coming from the bathroom, so I went to see what on
earth she was up to and guess what I saw? Poor Tessie was standing in
the litterbox pulling sheet after sheet of paper down into the
litterbox. lol I'm not sure how she came to grab it, but once it was
in the litterbox, she had she didn't have any solution other than to
keep on going... and I'm sure she was thinking 'where the heck does
this thing END?!'

Cat + TP = hours of fun. For the cat.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 25th 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 25, 6:24*am, "Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote:

Cat + TP = hours of fun. *For the cat.

It used to be the TP around here- we used to tell visitors if they
wanted to use the toilet and needed paper "It's on my computer in the
bedroom so take it from there and put it back afterwards"

This morning it was once again an innocent box of tissues- the usual
not so guilty party is Dunzi but as I can't prove who shredded an
entire box of man sized tissues since it was done in the night I can't
blame her- Sarsi has also been known to do it...

Then again Dunzi WAS the one lying on the sofa, on a pile of tissues
next to the evidence as it was since Dave has horrendous hay fever
right now I had to go and get another box of tissues. I think I may
have to keep them under lock and key

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 26th 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
On Apr 25, 6:24 am, "Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote:

Cat + TP = hours of fun. For the cat.

It used to be the TP around here- we used to tell visitors if they
wanted to use the toilet and needed paper "It's on my computer in the
bedroom so take it from there and put it back afterwards"

This morning it was once again an innocent box of tissues- the usual
not so guilty party is Dunzi but as I can't prove who shredded an
entire box of man sized tissues since it was done in the night I can't
blame her- Sarsi has also been known to do it...

Then again Dunzi WAS the one lying on the sofa, on a pile of tissues
next to the evidence as it was since Dave has horrendous hay fever
right now I had to go and get another box of tissues. I think I may
have to keep them under lock and key

Stinky used to be terribly perplexed by those "fluff-out" tissues-- like
Tessie with the TP-- "Doesn't this thing ever stop?"

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Mommy Took Away Their Toy!! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 10 October 15th 08 12:41 AM
Mommy is up to something..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 December 16th 05 05:14 AM
Mommy, yew is so mean. Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 2 December 3rd 05 12:30 AM
I'm a bad mommy Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 9 April 17th 05 05:47 AM
Bad Mommy Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 21 January 2nd 05 11:46 PM