Cat TV (new bird feeder)

Old August 18th 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat TV (new bird feeder)

Now that I'm finally settled in I got a new bird feeder. It's hanging on a
shepherd's hook near my back patio. Persia is getting the full benefit of
"cat TV". Carolina chickadees dart in and out as if this is an
international airport. Gosh they're quick! The tuftted titmice are making
themselves quite at home. I've got a pair of mated cardinals visiting.

There's a pair of Carolina wrens nesting in the gardenia bush in Lynn's yard
so they come over to eat and often get into fights with each other.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...olina-wren.jpg

They look like teenage girls who went a little too crazy with the white
eyeliner They're cute, cheeky and also very loud.

I get the occasional large blue jay. I hung a thistle sock because
according to all the bird charts I've read I should be able to attract
various finches, including the gorgeous American Goldfinch. I used to see
them all the time at my nyjer feeder back in TN. So far there are no takers
here.

Anyway, Persia's going nuts over seeing the birds at the feeder. She loves
it. Yes, it's Cat TV! Apparently it's my TV, too. And I didn't even have
to worry about digital

Jill

Old August 18th 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like a wonderful scene for both of you.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 19th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

We have feeders out at most of our windows. So many that the cats have
become bored with the "same show" on "all the time"... sigh

The dogs seem to appreciate them, however it is only when the squirrels
(tree Timmies) are at them, or rabbits (ground Timmies) are feeding on the
shoots that sprout up underneath...

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old August 19th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

My cats ignore the birds even though I have a very active hummingbird
feeder within four feet of the platform at the top of the large
scratching post.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')