Dogs For Rent Coming To The UK

Old August 3rd 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Dogs For Rent Coming To The UK

On 2 Aug, 19:52, "Sheelagh o" wrote:
On 2 Aug, 18:29, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

roups.com...
On 2 Aug, 17:36, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:

"GGVA" wrote in message

roups.com...
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of £49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full
article:http://www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Hom...etch&item=1265

What a stupid idea! This might be a money-maker to the person who owns
this
"business," but it is nothing short of animal cruelty. Those poor dogs
(and
other animals, if she expands this business) will never have any sense of
security. Nothing will be permanent, no one to really love. Whoever
thought up this idea should qualify for the darwin award, and I hope steps
will be taken to put a stop to it.

MaryL

I so agree with you Mary.. it does tantamount to outright cruelty!!

What happens if the rental dogs current owner falls in love with the
pet that they have?

What happens if the animal adapts well to the home it is in, but the
owner really can't affords the fee every tie it came around?

I would be most surprised if the dogs didn't all come with behavioural
difficulties when it goes to each home because all the poor thing is
used to, is being pushed from pillar to post!!

This has to be one of thew worst money spinning cruelty idea's that
has ever been created. I have never heard of the Darwin Award, but I
assume that it is one of those awards that are presented to people who
would rather not receive it?

I will certainly take steps to follow this one up, to make sure that
we don't have it over here. in fact, I am off to google it now & write
to my local RSPCA association & remind my MP to make sure that he
raises this question in the House of Commons, because our animals have
rights now that the new Bill was passed by Parliament. This is cruelty
in the first degree, & our pets should be protected from this. It is
the right of our Member of Parliament, to question something that
might be of detriment to any pet as well as citizens in his
constituency now.

Backing away from the PC now to cool down

Sheelagh"o"

The Darwin Awards are named for Charles Darwin (theory of evolution). The
actual "awards" were supposedly given to people who killed themselves in an
especially stupid way, thus removing themselves from the gene pool. Since
then, many people (and this the way I used it) have used Darwin Awards to
simply refer to incredibly stupid modes of behavior.

MaryL- Hide quoted text -

AAHhh!
I knew who Charles Darwin was, & what he did to generate all of the
theories of the evolution of all animals known to man when he
circumnavigated the world (particularly Australia seems to come to
mind?)

I just wondered if there was a goof award that was invented to present
to the "The Biggest foolish idea in the world"?, in that name.

I see your point now. Please Forgive my idiotic incomprehension.
Sheelagh"o"- Hide quoted text -

look up 'darwin awards' on google, they are very funny, usually tales
of how stupid people have managed to remove their genes (and
themselves a lot of the time) form the gene pool, thus helping to make
the species fitter and stronger by not having their stupidity genes
around anymore polluting and weaking the population.
i have one of the books, but every year more and more people get added
to the list.

bookie

Old August 3rd 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default WARNING! Was: Dogs For Rent Coming To The UK

"GGVA" wrote in message
oups.com...
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of £49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full article:
http://www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Hom...etch&item=1265

================================================== ===============================

I just got this from Itchmo Pet Alerts:

Full story at:
http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordi...g-service-2018

This news and more at:
http://www.itchmo.com

Buyer Bewa CEO With Sordid Past Behind Flexpetz Dog Sharing Service

Simon Brodie, the controversial founder with a criminal past behind the
Allerca hypoallergenic cats, is the CEO of a company that owns Flexpetz, the
pet sharing service. Brodie was convicted in the UK of multiple counts of
accounting fraud. Ever since his move to the United States, he has been
linked to pets or animals in his ventures and is shadowed by a history of
failed ventures, lawsuits, unpaid bills, and fraud allegations. He
characterized his past by saying "I've had some hits, some misses."

How is Simon Brodie linked to Flexpetz?
---
Brodie was appointed the CEO of Tetros, Inc. - a firm purchased by ColdStar
Capital. Flexpetz issued a press release in April which described itself as
a wholly owned subsidiary of Tetros, who are both owned by ColdStar Capital.
ColdStar, who lists its president as Jonathon Nicholson, is based out of the
Cayman Islands.

When we talked with Brodie, he flatly denied having any knowledge about
ColdStar Capital. When asked about the SEC filing that lists him as CEO of
Tetros, Brodie retracted his statement, but would not provide a phone number
for Nicholson.

The reference to ColdStar Capital was removed from the Flexpetz website on
Thursday, the same day we spoke with Simon Brodie.

Add $22,000 exotic "Ashera" cats that haven't been seen.
---
Simon Brodie is also the founder of Allerca (which is selling hypoallergenic
cats for thousands of dollars) and also the man behind the supposedly unique
"Ashera" cats...

Story continues at:
http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordi...g-service-2018

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 3rd 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Heh, looks like you beat me to the punch with this - I just posted the same
thing!

Hugs,

CatNipped

. ..

Old August 3rd 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 3 Aug, 14:33, "CatNipped" wrote:
"GGVA" wrote in message

oups.com...
A company in California is offering people who are unable to make a
full time commitment to a pet, the chance to rent a dog.

For the equivalent of £49 a year, FlexPetz customers get to spend
time with one of the company's Afghan Hounds, Labrador Retrievers or
Boston Terriers. FlexPetz founder Marlena Cervantes is hoping to
expand her business to London by the end of the year.

Full article:http://www.ukpets.co.uk/?section=Hom...etch&item=1265

================================================== =========================*======

I just got this from Itchmo Pet Alerts:

Full story at:http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordi...expetz-dog-sha...

[...]

Story continues at:http://www.itchmo.com/ceo-with-sordi...expetz-dog-sha...

Hugs,

CatNipped

On 2 Aug, 19:17, "Sheelagh o" wrote:

As in all countries, even our own, there are bad egg's. It is just
bad
coincidence that the silly Ermentrude who thought this idea up, &
sold
her Granny down the river, happens to be American.. After all, not
all
of them are like that!
----------------------------------
Ha!!

Why am I not surprised. Yesterday I was under the impression that the
founder of this idiotic granny selling idea originated from the USA..
Now the truth comes to bare..It's a Brit from the UK!!

How ashamed can you get when one of your home grown unscrupulous dirty
low down Dingo ( no offense to the mongrel or dingo of course!!)
mongrel, comes up with a dreadful, shameless money spinning, conning
outrageous disgusting idea like this??!! As I said in my earlier post,
there are bad eggs the world over, this time it happens to be a
British low life that seems to think he can escape his sordid past, &
simply restart over again in a different country with a similar
disgusting idea. All the more reason for our Members of Parliament &
the RSPCA to support us in making sure that the shameless imbecile
never gets the chance to go anywhere near animals in this, or any
other country either, if that is possible?

Don't you have laws in the USA that deal with shameless creeps like
this? If you do, tweak every single one of them to make sure that not
a single other creature under his care, ever gets the chance to be
abused ever again, with our full support too. If there is anything
that we can do from this side of the pond to support you, just let us
know what it is, so that we can support you in removing this blight on
the earth from the community & land him in jail which is where he
should be. Anyway, it would do him good to find out what it is like
having to live inside a cage @ the behest of another human being, just
for a change. He has thought nothing of doing it to cats and dogs, so
why shouldn't he try it out for size?

Ugh!!

It makes my skin crawl to think that he has already got away with it
once. Perhaps the best thing that can happen, is that your laws have a
way of ensuring that this creep is put behind bars? @ least in the
USA, when you get a penalty, the person in question has to serve that
sentence..Over here, it feels like they only ever pay for half the
sentence they get, if they get one @ all!

One very Embarrassed,
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 3rd 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

================================================== =========================**======

[...]

Sheelagh "o"- Hide quoted text -

thing is it is fraudulent accounting he is convicted with not animal
abuse, very different thing, and cooking the books doesn't
necessarily mean he beats up kittens. yes he does have a hobby of
patrting stupid people from their money but then that does not mean he
is evil through and through or capable of all sorts of nasty
misdemeanours.
personally i am more bothered with stoppng this whole business venture
off the ground in this country than who is in charge of it, and just
becaue he is 'linked' does not mean that he dreamt the whole ideas up,
he probably just saw it as a quick way to separate stupid people from
their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)

Old August 4th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

================================================== =========================***======

[...]

their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)- Hide quoted text -

thing is it is fraudulent accounting he is convicted with not animal
abuse, very different thing, and cooking the books doesn't
necessarily mean he beats up kittens. yes he does have a hobby of
patrting stupid people from their money but then that does not mean he
is evil through and through or capable of all sorts of nasty
misdemeanours.

I wasn't implying that he was a an animal basher Bookie, merely that
he was contemptible, a crook & not someone that I would care to trust
the lives with animals with. He definately can't be trusted, so with
that in mind, it would be better if he never got the chance to take
this venture any further. I was asking if there was a way to pin him
down, for his past misdemeanors, in order to close him down in the
USA, where he already has a foot hold.

personally i am more bothered with stoppng this whole business venture
off the ground in this country than who is in charge of it, and just
becaue he is 'linked' does not mean that he dreamt the whole ideas up,
he probably just saw it as a quick way to separate stupid people from
their cash (and he is probably not wrong either)-

Same, but that is because we live here, & would never support such a
ridiculous project, for fear of how the animals are kept & treated,
which would appear to be, very cruelly. ( well lets say that he has
little concern for what happens to the animals, but a major interest
in how to milk the project-Surely, this amounts to the same thing?)

As for conning the stupid out of money...I see things slightly
differently.

It can be argued that only a fool would part with their money, but it
could also be argued, that a lonely animal lover could be taken in by
this idea if presented in the right light, & agree to be a -part of
this venture, simply because they know no better. People often bully
the elderly into parting with cash in trust, over a venture similar to
this. However, if they were presented with the facts as we now know
them to be, I think you would find that no one would support them. I
think this is a prime candidate for Watchdog, don't you?

For the benefit of our non Brit Friends, Watchdog, is a national T.V
program, aired once a week, where people write in about people who are
con artists, & have duped them out of cash in good faith. A good
example would be a builder who promises to build a driveway for you.
You part with half the money up front, then the builder disappears off
the face of the earth, taking your down payment of several thousand
pounds. Watchdog, tries to contact the con artist, then films them
covertly, & exposes them on national television. Actually, this is
what I thought MaryL was referring to when she mentioned the Darwin
awards.

Ultimately, the point is that he is trying to con more money out of
gullible people, in the name of doing both the client & the animal a
favour, which is not the case at all, is it?

It is animal abuse, whether it is the company director, right down to
the canvasser, all of them know that this is not doing the pet any
favours at all, so therefore, I do find him culpable in every aspect.
(The main thing is that we agree in principle, whichis: Does this
amount to Animal abuse?
The answer has to be, Yes.)

Sheelagh"o"

Old August 4th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

================================================== =========================****======

[...]

then report him to the RSPCA or whoever he needs to be reported to,
the police if he is not complying with the animal welfare act. in one
of the ventures he was connected he was taking money for a cat which
did nopt even exist so no animal cruelty there as no real animal
involved at all, just some gullible cretin who was easily parted from
their money.

he may not be allowed back in the country anyway for fear of arrest
for somethign or other, hence this maria cervantes person is heading
up the business

either way it is a nasty idea and should be stopped in its tracks