Conan Is Home :)

Old July 20th 05, 01:22 AM
Philip

"Mary" wrote in message ...

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"Dan M" wrote in message
news Mary wrote: So you are saying that the only people associated with the
cat groups to
whom you gave your cell phone is myself, Tracy, Rhonda, and Charlie?

Dan replied:

That is EXACTLY what I am saying!

Dan,

I hope you saved that threatening message on your cell phone.

I imagine someone never thought of that when he or she made that call.

Maybe that someone is wondering if you have it or not.

I hope this whole thing ends without additional nastiness, but if it
continues, that recording could be useful.

And, thank you for letting us all know what happened and that Dylan is

doing
fine.

Dan says it was a male. So he has always known it was not me.

How can we be sure? Hmmm? You have the vocabulary of a sailor.

Old July 20th 05, 01:22 AM
Philip

"Jean B." wrote in message
cmtowle wrote:

As promised, a final update to let everyone who is interested know that
Conan snip

While I am thrilled to see that Conan (aka Dylan) is in his new home, I am
appalled at what happened here. Lots of folks, myself included cared
about this cat. Mary had things set up so he would be homed quickly and
had leads on 2-3 good homes. Then you came along and interfered.

Sorry, but your recall is incorrect. At a crucial point, Mary said she was
giving up because she and her people could not coordinate with surety a
person to do the physical adoption from the OC Shelter and short range
transport. The clock was ticking so Monica with her influence stepped up to
the plate.

Conan was in a cage when he didn't have to be. We were lied to. All of
us who had an emotional investment in this feel really betrayed and let
down by you and Dan--well, I guess I shouldn't put words into anyone
else's mouth, but that is what *I* feel.

--
Jean B.

Fine. Your feeeeeeeelings make nothing "right" or factual. Feeeeeeelings
are not the currency of the realm. This experience should be a lesson in
the perils of getting emotionally invested in vicarious dramas.

Old July 20th 05, 01:23 AM
Philip

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
While I am thrilled to see that Conan (aka Dylan) is in his
new home, I am appalled at what happened here. Lots of folks,
myself included cared about this cat. Mary had things set up
so he would be homed quickly and had leads on 2-3 good homes.
Then you came along and interfered. Conan was in a cage
when he didn't have to be. We were lied to. All of us who
had an emotional investment in this feel really betrayed and
let down by you and Dan--well, I guess I shouldn't put words
into anyone else's mouth, but that is what *I* feel.

Read the details. Conan was not kept in a cage. Mary has been blathering
that he was, but that's just Mary. I think everybody has figured out by
now that she's a mental defective who can't be believed.

THAT is a very good reason for dissociating from her!!

Mary had leads on 3 potential homes, none of which stood up to the degree
of scrutiny required of a decent kitty home. Instead Conan found a home
with someone REALLY able to care for him.

Monica didn't interfere. She offered a solution when Mary's "solution"
proved inadequate.

That was OBVIOUS by your actions. I commend thee!!

Old July 20th 05, 01:23 AM
Philip

"whitershadeofpale" wrote in message

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[...]

Well it was so many lies on the table.

And you still haven't told the truth.

But you will!
Oh yes you will!

You've got Bloody Mary's mental disorder.

"I'll know the truth when you tell me what I want to hear"

Old July 20th 05, 01:39 AM
Glitter Ninja

"cmtowle" writes:

As to the homes you declared as good options. We disagree. In my world,
doing harm to an animal is never acceptable as a source of humour or in
order to provoke others, regardless of the player/s.

What in the hell are you talking about? None of the sane people here
advocated hurting Conan for revenge. (Note: I said *sane* people.)
Everyone just wanted to know what was going on and why people who
offered Conan good homes were turned down.

small, but feline-friendly spaces. I have done it. Specific configuration,
stimulating environment, outdoor-space safety, and vertical space are just
some of the relevant variables to be considered.

*laugh* Good lord, you're snotty. Well, as long as you have algebraic
equations to make sense of your life, then I guess you'll be just fine.

Stacia

Old July 20th 05, 01:46 AM
Glitter Ninja

Dan M writes:

cat. While on the freeway I got a call from some twisted psycho sack of
s**t who said offered up some threats if I followed through on picking up
the cat.

Male or female caller? I've been curious about this for a while and I
notice that no one ever says if it was a male or female.
Also, people at the shelter knew about the situation and also people
on Usenet who read the thread could have called. It's seriously easy to
find someone's info online, it didn't have to just be the people in the
email list.

There, now, is the complete story of Conan/Dylan. If you really and truly
care about cats and if your only concern through this whole episode was
only Conan's well-being, then let the issue drop.

The two things are not mutually exclusive. I have no beef with you,
but people can love cats *and* have their opinions about how Conan was
handled.

Stacia

Old July 20th 05, 02:03 AM
Phil P.

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
Mary had leads on 3 potential homes, none of which stood up to the degree
of scrutiny required of a decent kitty home. Instead Conan found a home
with someone REALLY able to care for him.

Kindly explain what you found inadequate about Meghan Noecker's
) ability to "REALLY" care for Conan.

Old July 20th 05, 02:25 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:03:28 -0700, Dan M wrote:

Mary had leads on 3 potential homes, none of which stood up to the degree
of scrutiny required of a decent kitty home.

Eat **** you little ****ant. You're mooching off people in these
newsgroups because you can't pay your vet bills.

Charlie
Old July 20th 05, 02:44 AM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message news:zPgDe.6144

Fine. Your feeeeeeeelings make nothing "right" or factual. Feeeeeeelings
are not the currency of the realm. This experience should be a lesson in
the perils of getting emotionally invested in vicarious dramas.

Life must grand for you by not being burdened or inconvenienced by emotions,
compassion and a conscience. What raised you?

Old July 20th 05, 03:01 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:28:53 -0700, Dan M wrote:

While on the freeway I got a call from some twisted psycho sack of
s**t who said offered up some threats if I followed through on picking up
the cat. The only people who knew when I was going to be on the road to
the shelter were a small group I had been exchanging e-mail with. Whether
the call came from someone in that list or just someone acquainted with
someone on that list is impossible to determine.

The broad inference here is that someone on the list -- Rhonda, Tracy,
Mary or myself -- made this supposed phone call. Was it a male voice,
Dan? Do you think I called you when you were on your way to the cat
shelter, to rattle your cage and stir the ****?

Did you contact the police, by the way? I assume you must have if you
felt so seriously threatened. Undoubtedly you would have gone in and
spoken to a detective, and given him details of what happened.

If you are concerned that I might be the anonymous "psycho" who called
you, why don't you post the phone number of the police dept. you
contacted as well as the name of the detective who took your
complaint. You can post it in the group -- nobody is going to harrass
the police dept. I will be happy to call the detective and address
any questions he might have about who I am, what my story is, why I
might have posted this or that on Usenet, etc. etc. etc.

I have been threatened myself because of my Usenet activities, but
this is the first time anyone has suggested that I might be the source
of a threat.

Charlie