Conan Is Home :)

Old July 21st 05, 04:25 AM
Rhonda

Cheryl wrote:

You siding with the
ridiculous rescue attempt by Mary and company of Conan is silly.

Thanks, Cheryl.

Rhonda

Old July 21st 05, 05:02 AM
Phil P.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 20 Jul 2005 07:10:37a, Phil P. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

"Philip" wrote in message
k.net...

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message

Fine. Your feeeeeeeelings make nothing "right" or factual.
Feeeeeeelings
are not the currency of the realm. This experience should
be a lesson

in
the perils of getting emotionally invested in vicarious
dramas.

Life must grand for you by not being burdened or
inconvenienced by emotions,
compassion and a conscience. What raised you?

The truth you wish to hear is ... wolves or Vulcans.

Nope. Couldn't be animals because animals have feelings.
Couldn't be Vulcans, either, because they have feelings too-
they just control them.

Phil, this is a stupid reply.

Not nearly as stupid as yours.

week? Ok ok, we know the thread about accidentally killing her cat
with Pepto Bismol

After your repeated blunders, you're no one to criticize anyone! You're not
exactly the brightest bulb in the lamp.

Old July 21st 05, 08:33 AM
Alison

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 20 Jul 2005 07:10:37a, Phil P. wrote in

Phil, this is a stupid reply. Even for you. You siding with the
ridiculous rescue attempt by Mary and company of Conan is silly.
You know better. Meghan? She cleans out the litter box every other
week? Ok ok, we know the thread about accidentally killing her cat
with Pepto Bismol was after the fact, but the litter box threads
were enough that I wouldn't home a cat with her, either.

Hi Cheryl,
That doesn't sound very good
When you mean she only cleans out her litterbox every other week ,
do you mean she doesn't scoop at all during that time ?
Alison

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old July 21st 05, 07:45 PM
PawsForThought

Alison wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 20 Jul 2005 07:10:37a, Phil P. wrote in

Phil, this is a stupid reply. Even for you. You siding with the
ridiculous rescue attempt by Mary and company of Conan is silly.
You know better. Meghan? She cleans out the litter box every other
week? Ok ok, we know the thread about accidentally killing her cat
with Pepto Bismol was after the fact, but the litter box threads
were enough that I wouldn't home a cat with her, either.

Hi Cheryl,
That doesn't sound very good
When you mean she only cleans out her litterbox every other week ,
do you mean she doesn't scoop at all during that time ?
Alison

That's what I was wondering too. I scoop my boxes a couple of times a
day. I can't imagine anyone being able to go 2 weeks without scooping.

LAUREN

Old July 21st 05, 08:04 PM
Wendy

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
ups.com...
Alison wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Wed 20 Jul 2005 07:10:37a, Phil P. wrote in

Phil, this is a stupid reply. Even for you. You siding with the
ridiculous rescue attempt by Mary and company of Conan is silly.
You know better. Meghan? She cleans out the litter box every other
week? Ok ok, we know the thread about accidentally killing her cat
with Pepto Bismol was after the fact, but the litter box threads
were enough that I wouldn't home a cat with her, either.

Hi Cheryl,
That doesn't sound very good
When you mean she only cleans out her litterbox every other week ,
do you mean she doesn't scoop at all during that time ?
Alison

That's what I was wondering too. I scoop my boxes a couple of times a
day. I can't imagine anyone being able to go 2 weeks without scooping.

LAUREN

Maybe she only dumps the box completely and scrubs it out every two weeks. I
can't imagine any cat using a box that hadn't been scooped for 2 weeks.

Old July 21st 05, 10:18 PM
Alison

"Wendy" wrote in message

Maybe she only dumps the box completely and scrubs it out every two

weeks. I
can't imagine any cat using a box that hadn't been scooped for 2

weeks.

Thats what I was thinking but I've just done a quick Google and it
looks like she was using wheat litter in large trays and didn't scoop
for a couple of weeks though this was some years ago.
Alison

Old July 21st 05, 10:24 PM
Wendy

"Alison" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message

Maybe she only dumps the box completely and scrubs it out every two

weeks. I
can't imagine any cat using a box that hadn't been scooped for 2

weeks.

Thats what I was thinking but I've just done a quick Google and it
looks like she was using wheat litter in large trays and didn't scoop
for a couple of weeks though this was some years ago.
Alison

I was going to say "get me some of that wheat litter" but I've tried wheat
litter and found I ended up dumping it more often because I couldn't stand
the smell.

Old July 21st 05, 11:22 PM
Cheryl

On Thu 21 Jul 2005 05:18:22p, Alison wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

"Wendy" wrote in message

Maybe she only dumps the box completely and scrubs it out every
two weeks. I can't imagine any cat using a box that hadn't been
scooped for 2 weeks.

Thats what I was thinking but I've just done a quick Google and
it looks like she was using wheat litter in large trays and
didn't scoop for a couple of weeks though this was some years
ago.

Alison

Was that years ago? I remember when she posted it, but it doesn't
seem like it was "years ago". Time flies!

Old July 22nd 05, 03:04 AM

cmtowle wrote:
As promised, a final update to let everyone who is interested know that
Conan (now "Dylan" which we thought a more gentle name) has indeed been
homed with wonderful cat-loving humans and a feline friend. He is a loving
and lovable kitty lapping up all of the attention and affection he is
getting.

I'm a bit late reading this post, but... Thanks for the update; very
good news. :-)

To those who had the courage to post and/or e-mail their continued support
and who offered to help in so many ways, thank you. You continued to trust
that we were doing everything right to ensure a great life for this cat.
That mattered to us.

I figured, based on your long-time posting history, that you were to be
fully trusted in this matter.

In contrast, the degree of hostility displayed by others in this forum was,
to put it mildly, astonishing. It is difficult to understand how the feeling
of betrayal that some of you voiced could get confused with what truly
mattered - this cat's rescue and well-being. One would have thought that
knowing he was safe and very well cared for would have been cause for relief
and happiness rather than a launching pad for the malicious glee exhibited
in post after post. It became very clear that this cat's best interests had
long stopped being the priority for several of you who had been involved in
"planning" his rescue.

IMO, considering the incredible brouhaha that ensued, you showed
admirable restraint.

Cathy

As to the homes you declared as good options. We disagree. In my world,
doing harm to an animal is never acceptable as a source of humour or in
order to provoke others, regardless of the player/s. Defensiveness related
to legitimate queries is also not a good way to begin a plea for adopting an
animal. And contrary to yet another misinterpretation posted ad nauseam, it
was never simply about "square footage". Cats can be successfully homed in
small, but feline-friendly spaces. I have done it. Specific configuration,
stimulating environment, outdoor-space safety, and vertical space are just
some of the relevant variables to be considered. Decisions made in haste
because they are convenient are rarely good ones and when defenceless
animals are involved, it would be inexcusable to not be cautious.

The relentless net sleuthing, the negative spins, the threats, and the
outrageous theories you came up with would be laughable if a cat's future
had not been at stake. So many of you not only conveniently chose to
"overlook" things that were posted but, in effect, fuelled the fire because
"the right party" was behind them. My principles are not dependent on who is
or is not involved.

I, and those who made Dylan's rescue happen, know he was happy, safe, and
very well-cared for every step of the way. Ultimately, that is all that
truly matters.

Old July 22nd 05, 01:31 PM
Alison

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Alison" wrote in message

"Wendy" wrote in message
Thats what I was thinking but I've just done a quick Google and

it
looks like she was using wheat litter in large trays and didn't

scoop
for a couple of weeks though this was some years ago.
Alison

I was going to say "get me some of that wheat litter" but I've tried

wheat
litter and found I ended up dumping it more often because I couldn't

stand
the smell.

LOL , I've only used clay litter and earth for Kim and previous
cats .
Nothing stinks worse than cat poo except male mouse wee, phew!
Alison