There's Something About Mary

Old July 20th 05, 05:00 PM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Beautifully put, Candace. Did you know that genealogists must spend
many hours in courthouses, archives and libraries, poring over old records?
These places are only open during regular business hours. Anyone so engaged
must be up early in the morning and in bed early in the evening. That leaves
little time to play on the Internet in the wee hours.

True, I'm sure. But also true that work of this sort could be done in
spurts and that the compiling of the data into cohesive reports could
be done any time, day or night...I would surmise, anyway.

I have a friend who has consistently slept only 3-4 hours per night.
I've always envied all the extra time she has sucked out of life.
She's one of those hyper sorts. She actually has hyperthyroidism
(which is treated) but I don't know if that's a factor or if she just
has a very high metabolism.

Like I said, it's a fascinating story. I'm glad I don't have to go
into work until later today so I can do a little reading.

Candace

Dig deeper. That is always where the good stuff is.

Old July 20th 05, 05:01 PM
whitershadeofpale

Alison wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message
I do believe you love cats and genuinely wanted to do good for

Conan.

Rhonda

Hitler loved dogs
Alison

Since the thread may not be over,

At a minimum, I think you should not post anymore under this one.
Next time don't bring up the devil

Old July 20th 05, 05:05 PM
Kitkat

Alison wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

Whatever, Sherry. My grip is quite tight, thanks. I just don't

take

Nazi/Hitler references lightly.

There are lots of things that people don't take lightly and are
referred
to on NGs. I said Hitler like dogs which is true and Mary said Sieg
Heil baby.
Your response to Mary is where exactly ?
This thread is about Mary and her deception and your diversion tactic
is not going
to stop responses about her.
Alison

Look, Alison. This is no "diversion tactic"...puhleeze. I'm so very
sorry I was not privvy to the whole "Godwin's Law" before your Hitler
liked dogs post. Now I am.
Old July 20th 05, 05:08 PM
Snittens

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary wrote:

Beautifully put, Candace. Did you know that genealogists must spend
many hours in courthouses, archives and libraries, poring over old
records?
These places are only open during regular business hours. Anyone so
engaged
must be up early in the morning and in bed early in the evening. That
leaves
little time to play on the Internet in the wee hours.

True, I'm sure. But also true that work of this sort could be done in
spurts and that the compiling of the data into cohesive reports could
be done any time, day or night...I would surmise, anyway.

Also, a lot of stuff that used to have to be done at the actual library,
courthouse, etc can now be done online. I traced my father's family back to
the 1770's when the family first came to the US entirely on the Internet. I
also went to the UVA archives online and they pretty much scan everything
and have it available for anyone to search. I found Civil War letters
written by an ancestor, all from my home.
Then again, I never hung out on the genealogy newsgroup, so what the heck do
I know?

-Kelly

Old July 20th 05, 05:10 PM
Candace

Kitkat wrote:

Yeah, I just read that very site. And I agree...I'm positive the thread
is far from over!

Well, we needed something to fill in the gap now that the endless Conan
threads are dying away. We wouldn't want to just talk about cats,
would we?

Candace

Old July 20th 05, 05:11 PM
Alison

"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Yeah, I just read that very site. And I agree...I'm positive the

thread
is far from over! .

I agree with that! LOL
Alison

Old July 20th 05, 05:14 PM
Candace

Snittens wrote:

Also, a lot of stuff that used to have to be done at the actual library,
courthouse, etc can now be done online.

Very, very true. It's amazing what one can find on the internet. I
think we just found that out.

Candace

Old July 20th 05, 05:15 PM
Alison

"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Look, Alison. This is no "diversion tactic"...puhleeze.

I'm so very
sorry I was not privvy to the whole "Godwin's Law" before your

Hitler
liked dogs post. Now I am.

I'm not the person who mentioned Godwin's law. You don't have to
apologise to me!.
So where *is* your response to Mary's offensive Sieg Heil , baby
comment then?
Alison

Old July 20th 05, 05:20 PM
-L.

Mary wrote:
Beautifully put, Candace. Did you know that genealogists must spend
many hours in courthouses, archives and libraries, poring over old records?
These places are only open during regular business hours. Anyone so engaged
must be up early in the morning and in bed early in the evening. That leaves
little time to play on the Internet in the wee hours.

Oh Bull**** with a capital B, Nancy. Is this the lie you feed your
clients in order to bilk them out of more money? "Work" for
geneaologists is scarce, at best. How many people - or businesses for
that matter - do you know who hire a genealogist? NONE. Tracing
family histories isn't neuroscience - a LOT of people do it. And a
*ton* of it can be had online - there are tons of sites dedicated to it
and many people have *already done your work for you*. And you
yourself said you travel for business BY CAR - right up to Richmond to
check the VA records, right? Keep blowing the bull****. You are just
digging yourself deeper.

-L.

Old July 20th 05, 05:22 PM
-L.

Kitkat wrote:
Alison wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote in message

I do believe you love cats and genuinely wanted to do good for

Conan.

Rhonda

Hitler loved dogs
Alison

Wow. Just wow. A comparison to HITLER? Crikey people. We have now hit a
new all time low. Congrats!

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Read the OP. Search a
little yourself. She's definitely as menatlly ****ed up as he was.

-L.