Blankies and travel plans

Old July 31st 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Blankies and travel plans

There's been so much to do and so many cats to play with here on the
island, I've fallen behind on reading rpca. There seem to be a lot of
purr requests, so here are blanket purrs for everyone in need (sorry to
do the blanket thing, but the purrs are very high, sun-drenched
happy-cat quality).

Speaking of blankies, this morning we had a huge downpour, and I spent a
few hours reading in bed with one cat under the blankie (Mir) and one
cat on top of the blankie (Caliban). The sun is shining again now, so
the cats are back out on their adventures.

We will be going back to town on Monday, leaving the island behind for
this summer. I'm a bit sad to go (will miss my early-morning skinny
dips!), but also happy to get back to civilization, with electricity,
broadband, warm showers, the shops at walking distance, etc. I hope to
catch up on the newsgroup, too, once we are home.

--
Marina
Old July 31st 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Speaking of blankies, this morning we had a huge downpour, and I spent a
few hours reading in bed with one cat under the blankie (Mir) and one
cat on top of the blankie (Caliban). The sun is shining again now, so
the cats are back out on their adventures.

Aww, that's a sweet image. And people say that cats are more attached
to places than to people! Your two could go anywhere on the island, but
instead, they choose to hunker down with their human best friend.

We will be going back to town on Monday, leaving the island behind for
this summer. I'm a bit sad to go (will miss my early-morning skinny
dips!), but also happy to get back to civilization, with electricity,
broadband, warm showers, the shops at walking distance, etc. I hope to
catch up on the newsgroup, too, once we are home.

Seems like you had a short vacation this year!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 1st 09, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Ahhh, poor you!!! You been to paradise and we have been sweltering. Glad
you had a good time and the kitties too.

Old August 4th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
We will be going back to town on Monday, leaving the island behind for
this summer. I'm a bit sad to go (will miss my early-morning skinny
dips!), but also happy to get back to civilization, with electricity,
broadband, warm showers, the shops at walking distance, etc. I hope to
catch up on the newsgroup, too, once we are home.

Then you must be home by now.
Old August 4th 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:

Then you must be home by now.

Yep, we're home now (it's Tuesday morning here). The trip went without
surprises; Caliban meeping and howling all the way, Miranda sleeping
peacefully, except in the boat where she huddled at the back of her
carrier and glared at me whenever I peeped inside. Now Caliban is back
to sitting on the desk beside me and trying to convince me he is
starving, while Miranda is in the enclosure surveying her domains.

Pictures will follow when I get them sorted.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 4th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
Marina wrote:

Speaking of blankies, this morning we had a huge downpour, and I spent a
few hours reading in bed with one cat under the blankie (Mir) and one
cat on top of the blankie (Caliban). The sun is shining again now, so
the cats are back out on their adventures.

Aww, that's a sweet image. And people say that cats are more attached
to places than to people! Your two could go anywhere on the island, but
instead, they choose to hunker down with their human best friend.

I challenge anyone who claims cats don't get attached to people to come
see Linus pining for his Meowmie when she leaves him on the island for a
couple of weeks every summer.

We will be going back to town on Monday, leaving the island behind for
this summer. I'm a bit sad to go (will miss my early-morning skinny
dips!), but also happy to get back to civilization, with electricity,
broadband, warm showers, the shops at walking distance, etc. I hope to
catch up on the newsgroup, too, once we are home.

Seems like you had a short vacation this year!

I'm still on holiday, but the logistics worked out so that I could only
spend three weeks on the island this summer. The cats seem perfectly
content to be back in town, though.

Old August 4th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

i challenge anyone who claims cats don't get attached to people to come
see Linus pining for his Meowmie when she leaves him on the island for a
couple of weeks every summer.

Seems like you had a short vacation this year!

I'm still on holiday, but the logistics worked out so that I could only
spend three weeks on the island this summer.

It didn't even seem that long to me! Seems like only a couple of days
ago that you were searching for Miranda. And didn't that happen when you
first arrived? How did the time go by that fast??

Joyce

--
Speak your mind even if your voice cracks while you're saying it.
Old August 4th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
I challenge anyone who claims cats don't get attached to people to come
see Linus pining for his Meowmie when she leaves him on the island for a
couple of weeks every summer.

Linus sounds very cute. I think most people don't get to see their
own cats pining for them, so we figure it doesn't happen.

I'm still on holiday, but the logistics worked out so that I could only
spend three weeks on the island this summer. The cats seem perfectly
content to be back in town, though.

Three weeks is a good vacation! The last time I took a 3 week
vacation was probably when I visited my grandparents as a teen.
But I figure that weekends and evenings are sort of like very frequent
vacations.
Old August 4th 09, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:

Three weeks is a good vacation! The last time I took a 3 week
vacation was probably when I visited my grandparents as a teen.
But I figure that weekends and evenings are sort of like very frequent
vacations.

Ain't this Scandinavian version of social democracy great. ;P Since I've
worked for the government for over 15 years, I get 45 days off per year.
I decided to take five week during summer (that makes 30 days, since
Saturdays count but Sundays don't). So I have 15 days left for the winter.