Planning for the Jellicle Ball

Old September 2nd 11, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Planning for the Jellicle Ball

Kitties, I have been thinking for a little while that it's getting to be
time to do some planning for the Jellicle Ball. There is only one full
moon in October, and this year it falls on October 12. Coincidentally, I
received a mysterious e-mail a couple of days ago that ties directly into
this subject.

The email in question comes from an account identified as "The Temple of
Bast", but I have been unable to verify where the sender is. All of my
investigation has led me nowhere. Well, actually it has lead me to too
many places. Sometimes my traces get as far as Mew York City before they
disappear, sometimes they go through Egypt, sometime through Ireland, but
they always disappear before I get final confirmation of where the sender
is. Even my best Internet investigator, Samuel Redcat, can't follow the
mail packets to their true origin.

Anyway, the message I got says that there is a tribe of cats who are
priests and priestesses of Bast, and they live at a Temple of Bast that
has never before been visited by the Community. They have heard of our
Jellicle Ball, and they would love to serve the world-wide catmunity by
hosting this year's Ball.

According to the email there is an ancient Egyptian monument in Central
Park called Cleopatra's Needle. This obelisk was originally erected in
the Egyptian city of Heliopolis on the orders of Thutmose III, around
1450 BC, then was moved to Mew York City's Central Park in 1880. It is
located just across the drive from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Supposedly the inscriptions on the obelisk will give us directions to
this Temple of Bast.

I think this could be at least an interesting exploration. I believe I'll
go to Mew York and check out the inscriptions. Would anyone care to join
me?

Amelia
Old September 2nd 11, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Piglett reads this and begins to think. New York Citi wud be a gud plaze.
We kud chek up on da hurricane kitties anna offer a pardt in da serfice for
doze dat wented to da bridge Da sekret plaze for onlee cats soundz
wonnerfulz.

Old September 3rd 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On 2 Sep 2011 18:13:01 GMT, Amelia T Cat wrote:

I think this could be at least an interesting exploration. I believe I'll
go to Mew York and check out the inscriptions. Would anyone care to join
me?

Amelia

Oriane: Dis sownds berr gud, and we wood wikes to joine yoo!

Yoo can 'port ober to owr pwace, and den we can dribe into Mancattan
togeffur!

Cybèle: Yes, and on da way in we cud stop at Mario Catallis restaurant
"Babbo" fur a widdle snak. Or a fibe-corse meal [licks lips]

Oriane: Yoo is gettink big as a bwimp, fluffybutt!

Cybèle: Itz awl fur! Fwuffy fur! Right Amelia?

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/2/2011 7:44:27 PM
Old September 3rd 11, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Oriane: Dis sownds berr gud, and we wood wikes to joine yoo!

Yoo can 'port ober to owr pwace, and den we can dribe into Mancattan
togeffur!

Cybèle: Yes, and on da way in we cud stop at Mario Catallis restaurant
"Babbo" fur a widdle snak. Or a fibe-corse meal [licks lips]

Oriane: Yoo is gettink big as a bwimp, fluffybutt!

Cybèle: Itz awl fur! Fwuffy fur! Right Amelia?

That's right! It's all fur. So let's go get us some food.

Amelia
Old September 3rd 11, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Kan me anna Harri join urselbez? Thinking to himself O T very much
interested in that 5 course mean thing.

Old September 3rd 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

That's right! It's all fur. So let's go get us some food.

Amelia

The more, the merrier! Come on along.

Amelia
Old September 3rd 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

just then barbi in a nice sundress, no shoes anna floppy hat to keep the
sunmozters away portz in... can i come along, i duzint eat dat muc butted i
likessniffin new things, sumcat can haf whut mine piknees duzint like...
then the porter twinkles agin... chester appearz... five corzes, I i
definitlee in, chester

Old September 3rd 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Sqweex, Pipps, n Mimzy wook wike tew goh ulong iffen dats umkay..ai hoap
MeOwy wyl goh tew. Um, ai fink ai wyl bittysit wile yoo gurls goh shopping.
Cutie kan kome ovur n pway iffen hur sister wyl let hur. Mayzy , Tygur wood
reely wike tw beh frends wiff hur. Mosey

Old September 4th 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On 3 Sep 2011 17:55:08 GMT, Amelia T Cat wrote:

That's right! It's all fur. So let's go get us some food.

Amelia

['porters twinkle along Waverly place in Greenwich Village, as a large group
of community kitties gather. Together they walk up to the kitty entrance of
Babbo, where a portly orange tabby greets them - it's Mario Cattili
himself!]

Mario: Welcome kitties - it's so nice to have you as my guests! Since you're
a large group, I've set aside a private dining room for you! [walks them
into a cozy room with a low, "U" shaped table and many cushions. As the
kitties sit, Mario hands them each a menu - barcats come around to take
their cocktail orders]]:

http://babbonyc.com/menu2.html#antipasti

Cybele: Ummm, I'll haff an Orange Manhattan, fangu! So what antipasto are
you going to get?

Oriane: Mmmmm, an Orange Manhattan too, pweeze! I'z lukin... Ummm, maybe dat
Octopus, or da Sardinez.... What is you kitties going to order?

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/3/2011 8:00:14 PM
Old September 4th 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

chester sardinez, definitelee, onf mine fafurite dayz inna wurld waza day
furree bring me, err i mean uscats home a case of sardinez...chester...

I duzint uzulee eatsa foodz dat duzint krunch so wha t duz ursef think...
anna sum white nipwine purlese, Barbi
"The Two Sisters" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Cyble & Oriane

Jellicle Ball Granby Cat community 3 October 16th 08 11:04 PM
Jellicle Ball: Phantom and Misty Head for the Ball [email protected] Cat community 0 October 15th 08 07:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: The Story of the First Jellicle Ball [email protected] Cat community 16 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: You Need a Ball Committee [email protected] Cat community 48 October 8th 06 05:25 AM
Jellicle Ball Ray or Fran Cat community 11 September 7th 05 03:37 AM