Yesterday

Old November 21st 13, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Yesterday

Boyfie was missing for hours. It's nippy here, one hour is Ok, two hours is
reasonable, 5 hours isn't. He strolled in saying "any chance of fud?"
I nearly did the mother thing, when I went missing my mother nearly killed
me when she found me safe.

Old November 21st 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfie was missing for hours. It's nippy here, one hour is Ok, two hours
is reasonable, 5 hours isn't. He strolled in saying "any chance of fud?"
I nearly did the mother thing, when I went missing my mother nearly killed
me when she found me safe.

Yup. My brother and I ran away from home when we were 8 and 11,
respectively. That's the way my mother reacted when we showed up (at our
grandmother's house).

Joy

Old November 25th 13, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:57:20 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie was missing for hours. It's nippy here, one hour is Ok, two
hours is reasonable, 5 hours isn't. He strolled in saying "any chance
of fud?"
I nearly did the mother thing, when I went missing my mother nearly
killed me when she found me safe.

Annabel Lee once made it out the door with me, as I was leaving for work,
without my noticing. I found she was missing when I got home from work
that afternoon, and searched the neighborhood. I searched again the
following morning, before leaving for work. When I got home that
afternoon, she was waiting at the door, with an attitude of "What took
you so long? I've been back for hours, and haven't been fed!".

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old November 25th 13, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:57:20 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie was missing for hours. It's nippy here, one hour is Ok, two
hours is reasonable, 5 hours isn't. He strolled in saying "any chance
of fud?"
I nearly did the mother thing, when I went missing my mother nearly
killed me when she found me safe.

Annabel Lee once made it out the door with me, as I was leaving for work,
without my noticing. I found she was missing when I got home from work
that afternoon, and searched the neighborhood. I searched again the
following morning, before leaving for work. When I got home that
afternoon, she was waiting at the door, with an attitude of "What took
you so long? I've been back for hours, and haven't been fed!".

and you said to her.....

I try not to worry about him, since I'd made the decision he can go out.
There's not much traffic and loads of big gardens for him to be in, but if
he is out for more than a few hours, I do worry a bit although I know he is
very sensible and managed to survive before I adopted him. But even
so..there is always that lorry that went down the street which I was not
concerned about until he didn't come in.
He almost never goes out on the street, but occasionally he does and I know
that when I hear him jumping my 5 foot gate to get to the back door. He
could meow at the front door to come in or go out from there, but he never
does. He will occasionally come in the front door but only if he's been
waiting for me to come home and we go in together.
It's like front doors are for meowmies, back doors are for cats.
Or..he knows I don't like him to be out "on the front" near the road. Not
likely, how would he know that?

I know he goes out on the front, I saw him once when I was cleaning my
bedroom window sneaking back along the sidewalk hugging the walls like an
invisible cat. Back over the gate and at the back door pretending he's just
been "out the back" which is very safe during the day. It's mostly safe all
the time out the back but after a cat nearly got killed by a fox not far
from me not long ago during the night, .

The cat was caught by a fox, the security light came on and the neighbour
was woken up by the light and his cat screaming. He rushed out and the fox
dropped the cat which was badly injured. It nearly broke his bank account
at the vet
..I am not saying that all foxes will attack cats, they don't, but June has
seen a fox carrying a cat's body. Maybe it was was roadkill or perhaps not.

Anyway, now that Boyfie is 11 I like to have him in overnight. He used to
be able to get up a 20 ft tree in 3 seconds but whether he could now, I
don't know. I'd rather have him snoozing on his duvet than doing what he
used to. "I am out on rat patrol and will do it all night" Yes, when he
was a young cat, that was fine. Now it isn't.
He likes to go out on rat patrol but I insist he is in by midnight. I call
him in before I go to bed, and I give him 1/2 an hour to respond x2
otherwise it's the conservatory. Twice last week he spent the night there,
but maybe something exciting was happening outside with rats and he didn.t
meet the curfew.

Tweed

Yesterday was a bad day for pets Lesley Cat anecdotes 5 December 30th 12 08:49 PM
Yesterday... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 March 16th 06 05:47 AM
yesterday, go like a hat Horrible Heavy Pimp Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 12:30 PM
yesterday, go sow a frog Nell Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:57 PM
SAW TED YESTERDAY ..... Renee Darvin Cat anecdotes 4 September 7th 03 08:45 PM