Damn, Nipsy killed a bird

Old May 27th 04, 05:43 PM
Alison

At this time of the year it could have been a baby sparrow which are
easier to catch .
I hope Jackie gets better soon.
Alison

"dgk" wrote in message
I let the boys out into the backyard after getting home. A couple of
minutes later Nipsy comes running in with a bird in his mouth. A
little sparrow. I never thought he could actually catch one. It

wasn't
even dead when I saw that he had it but it wasn't going to be

getting
better. Then he finished it off.

Ugh. I feel horrible. Sure, birds die all the time but I'm never

going
to let the cats out again without making enough noise so that all

the
birds get out first.

Espy appears to be jealous.

-----------------------

Jackie (the new sick girl) is still too sick to be out much but she
seems to be putting on some weight. I can't feel quite EVERY bump in
her spine. The vet said that after another week or so we'll try for
some more blood for further testing.

I finally found out what he was talking about when he said that he
couldn't get blood out of her. I had some trouble getting her to eat
the antibiotic and tried to hold her while putting the dropper into
her mouth. Wow, did she put up a fight! Nothing was going down that
throat. A little while later she ate it all with her food.

Dave

Old May 28th 04, 01:22 AM
T O

A cat kiling a bird is only instint. I sure dont like to deal with it
but you cant expect a cat to not be a cat. I keep mine in as i live in
an apartment complex and do not want her to get run over. i actually
found her abondened in this complex. she still loves to look and peer
out the window at the birds. cant expect her to not be who she it.

Old May 28th 04, 01:42 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"dgk" wrote in message
I let the boys out into the backyard after getting home. A couple of
minutes later Nipsy comes running in with a bird in his mouth. A
little sparrow. I never thought he could actually catch one. It wasn't
even dead when I saw that he had it but it wasn't going to be getting
better. Then he finished it off.

Ugh. I feel horrible. Sure, birds die all the time but I'm never going
to let the cats out again without making enough noise so that all the
birds get out first.

Was it a fledgling? They're particularly susceptible to a cat's hunting
instinct.

Espy appears to be jealous.

-----------------------

Jackie (the new sick girl) is still too sick to be out much but she
seems to be putting on some weight. I can't feel quite EVERY bump in
her spine. The vet said that after another week or so we'll try for
some more blood for further testing.

I hope Jackie will put on some more weight & eventually do much better.

Cathy

Old May 28th 04, 01:57 PM
dgk

On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:42:01 -0400, "Cathy Friedmann"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
I let the boys out into the backyard after getting home. A couple of
minutes later Nipsy comes running in with a bird in his mouth. A
little sparrow. I never thought he could actually catch one. It wasn't
even dead when I saw that he had it but it wasn't going to be getting
better. Then he finished it off.

Ugh. I feel horrible. Sure, birds die all the time but I'm never going
to let the cats out again without making enough noise so that all the
birds get out first.

Was it a fledgling? They're particularly susceptible to a cat's hunting
instinct.

I guess it was. It was a pretty small bird. I know that it's just
Darwin at play and Nipsy was improving the sparrow species by killing
off a slow one, but seeing that little eye blinking and the big hole
in the side with blood seeping out really didn't make my day.