I captured the Tomcat

Old May 26th 05, 02:14 PM
John Ross Mc Master

Default I captured the Tomcat

There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.
Old May 26th 05, 02:38 PM
bigbadbarry

John Ross Mc Master wrote:
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

Are you quitting on me?! Well, are you?! Then quit, you slimy #$^$#$#
walrus-looking piece of #$$%! Get the @$^$#$%$ off of this group! Get
the #@$#$%$ down off of this group! Now! Move it! I'm going to rip your
balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will
motivate you, Private John!, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the
Congo!

Old May 26th 05, 04:10 PM
Philip

bigbadbarry wrote:
John Ross Mc Master wrote:
[...]

What are you saying, Barry?

Old May 26th 05, 04:19 PM
Wendy

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at all. This
cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be happier and safer
now without his cajones.

Old May 26th 05, 05:06 PM
Philip

Wendy wrote:
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her
into our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and
have him neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will
have 4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is
phone the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I
don't own the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at all.
This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be happier
and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

Old May 26th 05, 05:29 PM
Mary

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

Oh, come on, you are smarter than that. Nobody actually
owns any living thing anyway, and they allow him to roam,
so they should have nothing to say about it. Plus, in the bigger
picture, what's one little set of meatballs when you can save
so many little cats from suffering because they were born
unwanted. Not to mention the females he would impregnate.
Good work, John.

Old May 26th 05, 05:35 PM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Wendy wrote:
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her
into our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and
have him neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will
have 4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is
phone the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I
don't own the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at all.
This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be happier
and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

Or disgusted women. I bet you have known more of the latter. And amused
women. Women who cannot stop laughing long enough for you to get your
clothes back on. Back when you were much, much younger.

Old May 26th 05, 05:50 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:14:45 GMT, John Ross Mc Master
wrote:

There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her into
our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and have him
neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will have
4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is phone
the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I don't own
the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

It calls for a different perspective. These animals don't have the
level of self-awareness people do. They act on instinct and have no
control over where it takes them. Tom cats fight, and the fights
cause injury and infection, so toms don't live long as ferals. Queens
have a whole different set of problems to contend with. In either
case, you do the animal a service by neutering or spaying. Then it is
truly free to do what it enjoys most -- lounging and hunting --
without a "species tax" that causes it to expend immense sums of
energy and take grave risks for an activity not presently required by
the species.

Think of it as a charity donation. If you give $100 to an animal
group, you'll be lucky if 15% of it goes to animal care after
marketing costs. By implication, that means a $100 out-of-pocket
expense to care for a particular charity animal is equivalent to a
$650 contribution to an organization, or perhaps $450 netted for
income taxes. It's a cost-effective way to make a social
contribution, which, as Donald Rumsfeld famously quipped, will be
insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

Charlie
Old May 26th 05, 06:28 PM
Philip

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
snip
If you give $100 to an animal
group, you'll be lucky if 15% of it goes to animal care after
marketing costs. By implication, that means a $100 out-of-pocket
expense to care for a particular charity animal is equivalent to a
$650 contribution to an organization, or perhaps $450 netted for
income taxes. It's a cost-effective way to make a social
contribution, which, as Donald Rumsfeld famously quipped, will be
insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

Charlie

I like the way you bottom lined it! :^)

Old May 26th 05, 07:56 PM
Wendy

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Wendy wrote:
"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
There is a tomcat who was fighting my Cinder every time I let her
into our backyard. The group consensus was to trap the tomcat and
have him neutered.

Here's the story to date. Read the diary.
http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=140147

I'm aware of the cat overpopulation problem but I still feel guilty
about this. I feel really bad. If he has an owner, the owner will
have 4 days to reclaim him before the neutering. All he has to do is
phone the Humane Society. But somehow I feel guilty about this. I
don't own the cat and I'm cutting its balls off.

And I hope the owner doesn't get there before he's snipped if at all.
This cat should have been neutered a long time ago. He'll be happier
and safer now without his cajones.

Angry women always say that ...

The only thing I'm angry about it the number of unwanted cats and kittens
out there.