KFC's weekend

Old July 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC's weekend

After I posted on Thursday about how well she was doing, she had a bit of an
off day on Friday. She didn't really want to eat the expensive cat food,
nor the tuna, nor the beef mince. So she didn't. Boyfie got to hoover up
the tuna and the top-end cat food, he couldn't believe his luck ;-)
Saturday was different when chicken was on the menu again..she scarfed it
down. She has always purred loudly when she is eating something she
approves of and I could hear her purring over her food bowl from the next
room.
She seems to have got over her "episode of madness" that she experienced
when she was so desperate to wander. I think she had some sort of infection
going on there, elderly people can exhibit signs of dementia, even if
previously they were quite ok if they get infections, so why not a cat?

Today it was really sunny, so I let her into the conservatory with the door
open to the outside to see if she would try to go outside. She didn't. She
jumped up on top of the freezer, scaled the wire netting on the wall (I need
to get a pic of this, Edmund Hillary eat your heart out..) to catch the best
rays. Like normal.
She continued to stay by the house, sunbathing on top of the freezer later
This is Boyfie's favourite spot, so he was disgruntled to find her on it
when he wanted to use it himself;-)
Kitty is eating like a horse this weekend. She has put on weight, in fact I
would hardly describe her as frail now, she's enjoyed the sunshine and shown
no inclination to wander. I will let her out into the garden tomorrow after
work and stay with her, I mean I will give her the opportunity that she
always had to go out or stay in until that episode of madness that made me
confine her to the house.
She has improved so much. I don't know what to attribute it to. Your purrs
and prayers, the vet's injections, the rehydration fluid, all must have
helped.
KFC has had a great weekend and because she has, I have too.
Nothing knocks my spirit down into the bucket like when my beloveds are ill.

I would like to take her back to TED and say "look! look at her now, you
were nearly giving up..." I won't though, it would cost me another
consultation fee. I might phone him.
I realise how old she is and that she has CRF, which can be really difficult
to manage, appetite-wise, and we struggle with this on a daily basis.
However she is particularly fine at the moment! It's not easy.

Tweed

Old July 13th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Christina Websell" ...
After I posted on Thursday about how well she was doing, she had a bit of
an off day on Friday. She didn't really want to eat the expensive cat
food, nor the tuna, nor the beef mince. So she didn't. Boyfie got to
hoover up the tuna and the top-end cat food, he couldn't believe his luck
;-)
[...]

Glad to hear KFC is doing so well now.
PUUUURRS for her continued good health
Love
Kyla

Old July 13th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

What fabulous news!! I'm really glad she's gained a bit of weight and
has an appetite. (I love the part about her purring over her food.)
And she can scale netting! I think she got 9 or 18 extra lives in there
somehow.

Purrs for to continue feeling better and enjoying life.

Joyce

Old July 13th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kylatte =^. .^=`" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" ...

Thanks, Kyla.

Tweed

Old July 13th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

We missed a mouse Boyfie had brought one back, but it was not easily found.
I found it when I was cleaning up today. Past it's sell-by-date
unfortunately ;-) Such a pity. Kitty would have loved to scarf it up.
She does so love that wild food.
Btw, it was not in the house. I am very alert to "wild food" that Boyfie
thinks it's a good idea to bring for KFC since he has released live rats and
birds in my kitchen previously. Which was not fun. Fortunately he has now
learnt to kill them first..

Old July 14th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

Purrs are still in the pipeline for that remarkable girl.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old July 14th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Great news, Tweed. I'm so happy for you both.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 14th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka

Default KFC's weekend (Top Posted)

Tweed, I'm so happy to read this! I'm so glad KFC isn't ready to go yet! I
enjoy your post telling about RPCA's Most Esteemed Elder Stateskitty.

Debby Hanoka
dhanoka at gmail dot com

Old July 14th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jul 13, 3:19*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

I am so happy to read this (that she's doing well, not that it knocks
you down).

I am like you (as I suspect are many others here), when the babies are
ill, it's very, very hard on me. I imagine it's harder on them, when
they are ill, but I end up a wreck.

I would like to take her back to TED and say "look! look at her now, you
were nearly giving up..." * I won't though, it would cost me another
consultation fee. *I might phone him.

I probably would, but then I have that desire to say, "I told you so",
oftentimes to my regret smile.

I realise how old she is and that she has CRF, which can be really difficult
to manage, appetite-wise, and we struggle with this on a daily basis.
However she is particularly fine at the moment! *It's not easy.

I'm going through CRF with my Barnabus. He's still early stage, but
he does have the very "testy" appetite. He prefers chicken or turkey
baby food, though he'll eat beef occasionally. Then if meowmie makes
her baked pork, he has to have bites of that. The only "human" food
(that I cooked) that he really wants, well that and New York steak.

It's so scary when he doesn't want to eat one of his meals, and he
isn't the age of KFC, and I can barely imagine how hard it is for
you. I am so happy that things are still improving.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old July 14th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

KFC has had a great weekend and because she has, I have too.
Nothing knocks my spirit down into the bucket like when my beloveds are ill.

I'm so glad to read she is doing so well, and that you could have an
enjoyable weekend, too. Purrs are on-going.