Purrs for Weeble, please.

Old December 2nd 03, 12:36 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
news:WVQyb.385171$Tr4.1123846@attbi_s03...

TED was pleased that the lump was even smaller than the last time, and

said
basically, unless the lump gets better***, or he has any problems

(infection or

***that should read bigger, my mind was going faster than my fingers could
type, and they stumbled over themselves in an effort to catch up
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old December 2nd 03, 12:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:19:33 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
wrote:

I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

TIA for the purrs.

Probably too late for the actual snipping, but purrs coming for the
little guy to recover quickly
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 2nd 03, 12:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:30:59 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Victor Martinez" wrote

10 months might be too much... he'll probably start spraying at 7 or 8.
Once he learns how to spray, neutering will not stop him. I'd get a
second opinion. 6 months is the usual age, but it can be done as early
as 8 weeks (it's got to do with their weight, actually).

I know no-one wants o take chances, but I just had to mention that Frank was
13 months old when he was fixed, and he never sprayed once in his life. Not
even on the island, where there were other cats.

Rocky was a middle aged fellow, and while he may still spray when I'm
not around, I no longer witness any spraying.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 2nd 03, 01:44 AM

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble
as he goes in for neutering today.

Best of luck for Weebs. It's normal to worry, but I'm sure he'll get
through it just fine!

Keep us posted.

Joyce
Old December 2nd 03, 03:23 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:21:10 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
wrote:

Weeble is home, missing a couple of parts. He's still groggy (our vet does
not use gas, but is a good vet still the same) and has a greasy face from
the jelly that they put on their eyes. He's also very grumpy as he's
confined and doesn't want to be. We tried keeping him in the carrier (a
*huge* carrier, could fit 20 of him in there) but he just cried so much it
broke our hearts. That and he spilled the food/water dish that came with it
that attaches to the door - so now he's a damp, groggy, greasy, grumpy kitty
that's confined to our bedroom for the next few days. He was napping on the
bed when I came in to check on him. We just bought a new DigiCam (Canon Eos
10D - close to mega-bucks, and I hope it'll be worth it), so maybe some new
pics tomorrow of a no longer damp & groggy, but still grumpy (& probably
still greasy as that stuff takes a few days to get out of their fur) kitty

TED was pleased that the lump was even smaller than the last time, and said
basically, unless the lump gets better, or he has any problems (infection or
whatnot from getting snipped) "See ya next year" Thing is, I will be seeing
them on the 22nd for Lizzie's annual, and in another month it will be
Tennessee's turn.

Glad to hear it went well, and that TED has decided the lump isn't
worth worrying about. Purrs for his quick and complete recover.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 2nd 03, 03:44 AM
Marina

"Stacey" wrote
Moogster...

Hmmm.. could be I'm wrong and the vet said earlier than 10 months? I'm

very
seldom wrong, but you NEVER know... LOL.

It probably varies for every vet. Here in Finland, the snip isn't normally
done until the cat is around one year old, at least that's what the vet told
me way back when Frank was done.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 2nd 03, 04:19 AM
Victor Martinez

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Weeble is home, missing a couple of parts. He's still groggy (our vet does
not use gas, but is a good vet still the same) and has a greasy face from

Do find out what he uses. If it's not isofluorane, get yourself another vet.

the jelly that they put on their eyes. He's also very grumpy as he's
confined and doesn't want to be. We tried keeping him in the carrier (a

Why is he confined? There is no reason for that. Fez and Rufous were
jumping off the walls the minute they came back from their surgery.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 2nd 03, 04:38 AM
LOL

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message news:9tFyb.272763$275.966903@attbi_s53...
I know this is routine surgery, but could I get some purrs for Weeble as he
goes in for neutering today. I drop him off in less than 2 hours, and I
miss him already. His vaccination lump is almost gone (not that it ever
bothered him anyway), for those of you that want to know.

TIA for the purrs.

Many purrs from Mike, who's BTDT. I hope all goes well!
------
Krista
Old December 2nd 03, 08:30 PM
polonca12000

I don't think you will have to keep him confined to your bedroom that long.
When Soncek was being neutered in the morning, he only got a tablet of
something (I do not know what it was) and he was groggy that afternoon. So I
kept him lying and napping on my stomach and by 8 PM he was the same as
always.
Lots of best wishes, purrs and healing vibes for Weeble,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Weeble is home, missing a couple of parts. He's still groggy snip - so

now he's a damp, groggy, greasy, grumpy kitty
that's confined to our bedroom for the next few days. snip

Old December 3rd 03, 12:49 AM
Stacey

Checked with TED today, she said 4-5 months. Looks like Moogie will get
kitty-kitty-chop-chop for the New Year!

Stacey

"Stacey" wrote in message
. ..
Moogster...

Hmmm.. could be I'm wrong and the vet said earlier than 10 months? I'm

very
seldom wrong, but you NEVER know... LOL.

Thanks guys, I'll double check with TED when I take Patrick and The Moose

in
for their scheduled visit on Dec. 11th!

Stacey

P.S. Magic... I hope I didn't come across as rude in my original reply ...
didn't mean to!!!