Stormy the rental cat

Old December 5th 03, 05:37 AM
badwilson

Default Stormy the rental cat

Ok, just a bit of background first. I know this couple, Paul and Joanne,
and they live on a boat in Fiji. Paul is an avionics engineer for the
company Dennis works for, and Joanne has taken a couple of years off from
work. So they live on the boat for 6 weeks and then when Paul is working,
Joanne follows him around to wherever the company sends him. They are
really fun people and I especially like them because they are cat fanatics.
Unfortunately, the lifestyle they lead does not lend itself to
catslave-hood. However, the marina where their boat is in Fiji, rescues
stray cats from the neighbourhood and takes care of them on the premises.
These cats have evolved into rental cats for the boat dwellers. They can
have a cat live on their boat with them while they are docked, or they can
take the cat on sailing trips with them as long as they return to the
marina.
Sooooo, recently Paul and Joanne "rented" this cat Stormy. Stormy is still
very young, only about 10 months, and very playful. He very much enjoyed
living on the boat and they even had a little litterbox set up for him.
Well one day, Paul and Joanne decided the time had come for a little
excursion on the sail boat. It was to be a week's trip. Unfortunately, a
day or so into the trip, a huge storm came up and the waves were gigantic.
Now both Paul and Joanne suffer terribly from sea sickness. Don't ask me
why they choose to live on a boat and sail it around, this still baffles me!
So they were both puking and feeling really weak, when they noticed that
poor Stormy was also sea sick! Poor little bugger kept throwing up :-( He
was too afraid to go down below because of the noise and the whole outside
deck was getting wet from the waves crashing over the boat, so he made
himself as comfortable as possible in the captains chair. And as sick as he
was himself, Paul couldn't bring himself to move Stormy, so he awkwardly
steered the boat standing next to the chair.
Fortunately the storm didn't last very long and the seas became calm once
again. Immediately Stormy felt better and began chasing greeblings around
the boat :-)
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 5th 03, 08:51 AM
Yoj

I know there's nothing funny about seasickness, but I couldn't help
laughing just a little. Paul is a true catslave!

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

Old December 5th 03, 01:39 PM
Victor Martinez

You couldn't pay me enough money to get into a boat and into the open
ocean. I just saw "Master and Commander" and almost got sea sick just
watching them in the storm sequence! Poor kitty!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 5th 03, 10:45 PM
polonca12000

Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it with us, Britta.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
Ok, just a bit of background first. I know this couple, Paul and Joanne,
and they live on a boat in Fiji. snip

Old December 6th 03, 03:49 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote
snip
Fortunately the storm didn't last very long and the seas became calm once
again. Immediately Stormy felt better and began chasing greeblings around
the boat :-)

Stormy didn't quite live up to his name, then. ) Great story, thanks
Britta.

--
Marina

Old December 6th 03, 05:13 AM
jmcquown

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww! Poor kitty was probably thinking to himself "Gee, it was nice, then
I started puking! Then it was nice again. What's up with this?"

Jill