Kittens growing up

Old February 13th 04, 10:12 PM
Hailey

Liz, your babies are adorable! Wow, those are big kittens, or else their
Momma is a tiny cat.
You did a spectacular job with helping her heal and get better Kudos!
I absolutely LOVE the little one with the brown tail and ears

You dog is very pretty as well Thank you for sharing!

Hailey
"Liz" wrote in message
om...
Some of you might already know that I adopted a 5-week-pregnant feral
around 4 years ago. She was skin and bone, flea infested, and had many
bald spots (ringworm). When she delivered, I took pictures of the
kittens every two days until they were two months old. Here are some
of the pictures. Of course, as a good "second mommy," I think they are
the cutest kittens in the world. The pictures are very light, roughly
30k each, so the page should be fast to load. Enjoy! BTW, I kept
three of the kittens and gave one to my neighbor. When he grew up, he
came back to my home (she allows her cats outdoors) so today I
consider him one of my 14 cats. The last picture is of my dog, who has
the spirit of a cat, so I believe he deserves to be there!

http://www.geocities.com/c864320/pets.html

Old February 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Alison

She's an absolute beauty . In fact they all are - Isn't it sad so
many cats are abandoned.
I can't get over the size of your dog's tail . It's huge or does it
have a cat attached to it? LOL
Alison

Old February 14th 04, 06:20 AM
MacCandace

http://www.geocities.com/c864320/pets.html

Too cute!!!! I'm glad the little dark one got found by you.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old February 14th 04, 07:04 AM
Dennis Carr

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:51:37 -0800, Liz wrote:

The pictures are very light, roughly
30k each, so the page should be fast to load.

Beautiful!

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old February 14th 04, 01:10 PM
Liz

c8643 OMG, Liz, they are adorable!!!!! Thanks for sharing these.
The little dark kitten looks like my Meesha did as a kitten.
Is she a tortie? Lauren

Yep, she is. The feral I adopted at the end of last year (the mother)
is also a tortie. Now I have two torties, a calico, two "Siamese", two
black&white, three tabbies of different colors, one white with brown
patches, one solid black, and two snow-feet (like the mother in those
pictures).

Liz, your babies are adorable! Wow, those are big kittens,
or else their Momma is a tiny cat. Hailey

Both. I think that that was the mom's first litter; she might have
been around 10 or 11 months old when she delivered. I had to help her
remove the placenta and cut the umbilical cords as she simply didn't
know what to do – she even wanted to deliver them on my lap! She was
also very malnourished when she appeared here so the malnourishment
and pregnancy really impaired her growth. The kittens were in fact
huge. When my neighbor came over to choose one, she brought this book
about cats that showed the size of kittens at every week of their
development. They were 8 weeks old and were the size of 10 week-old
kittens. The females grew up to be almost twice the size of their
mommy and the males twice mommy's size. One of the males turned out to
be the biggest cat I've ever seen and his brother is almost his size.

Too cute!!!! I'm glad the little dark one got found by you.
Candace

Actually, she found me. I was driving back from work on a rainy day
and I saw this tiny dark thing come running across the street towards
my car. I hit the breaks just fast enough to not run her over and got
out to see what it was (I thought it was a toad! LOL). I instinctively
picked her up and brought her home. I'm glad the mommy adopted her as
she was about 1 month old and really needed to be breast-fed.

I can't get over the size of your dog's tail. It's huge or does
it have a cat attached to it? LOL Alison

LOL. That's typical of Kuvasztok – their tail almost touches the
ground. So I guess they have the spirit and the tail of a cat! BTW,
rainy season + dirt = yellow Kuvasz (he loves to dig in a certain spot
and stand out in the rain). LOL

If I left any questions unanswered, it's because I still haven't
received them (takes something like 12 hours to get them). To
everyone, thank you so much for appreciating the pictures! I don't
think anything pleases a "mommy" more than having her "kids"
complimented!

I'll be scanning some more pictures (also of my 13-year-olds growing
up) and share them too. When they were growing up, we had an awfully
hot summer and I managed to picture them "sweating like a dog": with
their mouth open and their tong sticking out. The tabby in the
pictures looked like a fox: he had huge ears and a huge furry tail.