The hippo war

Old June 2nd 05, 04:21 PM
Lesley

Default The hippo war

Last Xmas as I was staggering back from doing my Xmas shopping and had
had all the "goodwill to all men" I could stomach I saw a Santa toy for
Sarrasine which I gleefully threw at her saying "Kill Santa!"

Well she's almost done it....You have to admire this =A31.00 toy which
has been mauled on a daily basis, it's been everywhere except the water
bowl, she's thrown it and had it thrown for her, she's pounced on it,
hid it in the blankie (Yes she's finally decided it's her blankie and
will occasionally sit on it)you name it she's done it but the other day
I did notice the head is starting to come off so I got a brown hippo
(50p that stall does bargain cat toys!)for her. I didn't plan on giving
it to her until Santa was decapitated but as she is a criminal genius
of course she found it and promptly started playing with it. I said to
her "Forgotten your old Santa already?" so she gave me a funny look and
put Santa on her blankie and wrapped him up....

While she was doing this Redunzel spotted the hippo and picked it
up....

I almost had to seperate them during the resulting fight...

This was Saturday and the Hippo war continues....Redunzel keeps trying
to steal the hippo and Sarrasine keeps defending "her" hippo. Redunzel
gets hippo and hides it, Sarrasine finds it. Redunzel touches hippo and
Sarrasine jumps Redunzel....

But the odd thing is Sarrasine seems to like being at war with her
sister, she keeps doing things like leaving the hippo a long way from
her blankie and playing with Santa by the blankie thus presenting a
tempting opportunity for Redunzel to steal Hippo especially as
Sarrasine is apparently and obviously looking the other way......of
course as soon as Redunzel falls for the set-up, Sarrasine gets to
chase her...

At the moment, they're spending about two hours a day in the hippo war
which then leaves them so knackered that they sleep for ages!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (if at war) Furballs

Old June 2nd 05, 04:56 PM
Adrian

Lesley wrote:
Last Xmas as I was staggering back from doing my Xmas shopping and had
had all the "goodwill to all men" I could stomach I saw a Santa toy
for
Sarrasine which I gleefully threw at her saying "Kill Santa!"

Well she's almost done it....You have to admire this £1.00 toy which
[...]

LOL Great story. I've forwarded it to a cat loving friend.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 2nd 05, 05:40 PM
Irulan

aw, how about getting Redunzel (I love that name) her own hippo? Or maybe
another sutffed toy so they can share both? Poor Santa, hehehe.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
oups.com...

Old June 2nd 05, 06:26 PM
Melissa Houle

Irulan wrote in message
aw, how about getting Redunzel (I love that name) her own hippo? Or maybe
another sutffed toy so they can share both? Poor Santa, hehehe.
Jazz & his mama

Sounds to me as if half the fun of having this toy is the strategy involved
in getting to steal it back from each other repeatedly. =o)
You never know what will have cat appeal, do you? Nina will ignore nice
catnip toys, but she'll "kill" an ordinary drinking straw for weeks. Bottle
cap soccer is also a favorite activity.

Melissa

Old June 2nd 05, 06:51 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Melissa Houle wrote:
Irulan wrote in message
aw, how about getting Redunzel (I love that name) her own hippo? Or
maybe another sutffed toy so they can share both? Poor Santa, hehehe.
Jazz & his mama

Sounds to me as if half the fun of having this toy is the strategy
involved in getting to steal it back from each other repeatedly. =o)
You never know what will have cat appeal, do you? Nina will ignore
nice catnip toys, but she'll "kill" an ordinary drinking straw for
weeks. Bottle cap soccer is also a favorite activity.

Melissa

I bought a catnip "pillow" once. It's somewhere around here. It's been
bunny-kicked a lot. Lizzie and Ernie love to lick it! The fabric is
smooth, and it makes a funny raspy sound when they do it - first time DH
heard it, it freaked him out. I told him to look at Ernie, and he was
laying in a corner, happily licking away at that "pillow". A short while
later, he was still laying there, but instead of licking his "pillow" he was
sleeping with his read resting on it - sooooo cute!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 2nd 05, 07:06 PM
O J

Lesley wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
But the odd thing is Sarrasine seems to like being at war with her
sister, she keeps doing things like leaving the hippo a long way from
her blankie and playing with Santa by the blankie thus presenting a
tempting opportunity for Redunzel to steal Hippo especially as
Sarrasine is apparently and obviously looking the other way......of
course as soon as Redunzel falls for the set-up, Sarrasine gets to
chase her...

At the moment, they're spending about two hours a day in the hippo war
which then leaves them so knackered that they sleep for ages!

What a great kitty tail! Thanks for sharing it.

--
Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old June 3rd 05, 10:21 AM
Lesley

Scully had
just finished shopping and says to Mulder, "If I'd heard 'Silent
Night' one more time, I was going to start taking hostages."

That's exactly what I felt like

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 3rd 05, 10:24 AM
Lesley

aw, how about getting Redunzel (I love that name)

It's actually spelt Rdnzl but I got sick of people asking me how to
pronouce her name!

her own hippo? Or maybe
another sutffed toy so they can share both?

Redunzel doesn't seem to be much into toys apart from the occasional
bit of rolled up silver foil...Whereas I have never known a furball
with so much enthusiasm for toys and playing as Sarrasine which tends
to mean that the toy are HERS!!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and lazy this morning- Sarrasine is trying to
train me to bring her breakfast in bed!) Furballs

Old June 5th 05, 07:22 PM
Gabey8

This is hilarious! I've sent the story to some of my other cat-meowmy
friends, who loved it!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley