Early AM cat problem???

Old June 15th 05, 09:54 PM
Philip

wrote in message
ups.com...
"Have you tried shutting him out of the bedroom at night? "

We don't want to try that...

A) I did it twice and he cryed outside the door for about 15 minutes
until I opened the door again
B) he and the other cat sleep in the bedroom everynight (when he's not
awake freaking out)
C) We're afraid he'll cause damage elsewhere in the house

Get over your fears. Babies don't sleep with their parents or in their
parents room after they've been weened so ... take the hint.

Old June 16th 05, 01:54 AM
John Doe

"daddypop" wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Upside down packaging tape. It takes less than a few
encounters.

Well aren't you just "The Practical Cat Owner".

It works, and it does not have the side effects you get by beating
your cat or any other person to cat corrective action. But you
should use the method responsibly because it does make an
impression.

you know, the one with the covered 2-by's for the cat to climb
on. haha

I am currently designing exercise equipment for my cats. Planning
the process of covering 2x4s with carpet. In order to easily
facilitate connecting 2x4s to each other and to other structure
material, some 2x4s probably will be covered top and sides but not
bottom.

What I like most about that top and sides plan is the likely ease
of application. The 2x4 will be on its side pressed against the
carpet and the glue laid in a nice neat line where the carpet
meets the 2x4. A carpet knife will be used to trim after the
carpet is glued. Same goes for the other side of the 2x4. And the
glue should keep carpet backing dust from falling onto things.

In fact, I am planning to make a long high shelf along the side of
my room which has three large windows. Instead of board for the
shelving material, I will use a carpeted 2x4 which will be placed
out from the wall at least 6 inches. That way, they can lie on the
2 x 4 and easily look out the windows. One, or maybe two 2x4s
connected end to end, will be leaned up against the wall so my
cats can climb up to that 2x4 ledge. That is the current plan.

Does he have a view of outside? Some cats really enjoy looking
outside. They also enjoy hearing sounds from outside. I use a
wireless infant room monitor (connected to a PC speaker) to
bring the outside sounds in. That is important, in my opinion,
especially when no one is home.

You're not out in the bushes stashing a baby monitor are you?

There are enough nature sounds around here.

Old June 16th 05, 01:58 AM
John Doe

"Mary" wrote:

Have you tried shutting him out of the bedroom at night?

Did you bother to read the original post?

"We don't want to lock him out of the room ..."

From: "Mary" marys catlovernospam.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Early AM cat problem???
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:21:34 -0400

Old June 16th 05, 02:53 AM
daddypop

John Doe wrote:
"daddypop" wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Upside down packaging tape. It takes less than a few
encounters.

Well aren't you just "The Practical Cat Owner".

It works, and it does not have the side effects you get by beating
your cat or any other person to cat corrective action. But you
should use the method responsibly because it does make an
impression.

Is your mind really that small?

No wonder advertisers spend so much money advertising on average Joe's
like yourself. They have to pound and pound and pound and pound and
pound and pound their message through them thick ass neandrathal
skulls.

And what do we say! Troll!

Thack say troll!

What'd Mary quote one time, I loved it,

Free your mind and your ass will follow. ha!

Old June 16th 05, 05:49 AM
daddypop

John Doe wrote:

In fact, I am planning to make a long high shelf along the side of
my room which has three large windows. Instead of board for the
shelving material, I will use a carpeted 2x4 which will be placed
out from the wall at least 6 inches. That way, they can lie on the
2 x 4 and easily look out the windows. One, or maybe two 2x4s
connected end to end, will be leaned up against the wall so my
cats can climb up to that 2x4 ledge. That is the current plan.

I think when your done, the overall look is not going to be what you
really want, although your idea does give flexability in building.

Why spend extra money and time when you really don't have to.

Why not use the white mdf shelving (it comes in fabulous precut
lengths) and a contractors pack of white L brackets. I've done this it
looks nice and clean. The underside and brackets are white. It installs
quick, and looks streamlined. It's very affordable too.

Lay ramp into the shelf coming up the adjacent wall, this way you don't
loose floor space at the windows.

Old June 16th 05, 10:44 AM
John Doe

"daddypop" wrote:

Is your mind really that small?
No wonder advertisers spend so much money advertising on average
Joe's like yourself. They have to pound and pound and pound and
pound and pound and pound their message through them thick ass
neandrathal skulls.

While observing commercial advertising, I figured out
what they really mean by phrases like "BUY NOW AND SAVE"
and "SAVE 50%". Advertisers do not mean "economize". They do not
mean "keep from spending". They mean "spend less". The sense
requires spending. Merriam-Webster and other dictionary publishers
agree and have published my definition. It is the same sense of
the word "save" you see every day in newspapers and magazines, on
television, in shopping malls, and on store coupons.
Old June 16th 05, 12:28 PM

So last night I tried the upside down packing tape....and I only got
woken up TWICE...and that was because the female cat (who hasn't been a
problem at night) decided to chew on the tape two different times!

But, the important thing is that the male (who was the problem)
examined the tape when I put it up around 10:00pm, and never went back
to the windows all night!

and at least the female would leave it alone when I got her away from
it!

ahhhhh, felt nice to sleep all night again!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Old June 16th 05, 05:52 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
So last night I tried the upside down packing tape....and I only got
woken up TWICE...and that was because the female cat (who hasn't been a
problem at night) decided to chew on the tape two different times!

But, the important thing is that the male (who was the problem)
examined the tape when I put it up around 10:00pm, and never went back
to the windows all night!

and at least the female would leave it alone when I got her away from
it!

ahhhhh, felt nice to sleep all night again!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Thank John Doe! Damn John Doe, you actually had a useful thought.

Old June 22nd 05, 04:55 PM
John Doe

I wrote:

In fact, I am planning to make a long high shelf along the side of
my room which has three large windows. Instead of board for the
shelving material, I will use a carpeted 2x4 which will be placed
out from the wall at least 6 inches. That way, they can lie on the
2 x 4 and easily look out the windows.

Kiki very much likes it. I bought an electric staple gun. The stables
will be kept out of the way and stapled deeply into the wood to help
prevent the possibility of my cat's claws becoming entangled. If
necessary, I will put some glue sealer material over the staples.
There is no guarantee of safety, but the staple gun is an amazing
tool for attaching carpet to wood. And because it is so easy, they
will have as much exercise equipment as they can handle. Now on to
figuring out how and where else to attach carpeted wood.
Old June 23rd 05, 01:30 PM
biggerbadderbarry

John Doe wrote:
I wrote:

Kiki very much likes it. I bought an electric staple gun. The stables
will be kept out of the way and stapled deeply into the wood to help
prevent the possibility of my cat's claws becoming entangled. If
necessary, I will put some glue sealer material over the staples.
There is no guarantee of safety, but the staple gun is an amazing
tool for attaching carpet to wood. And because it is so easy, they
will have as much exercise equipment as they can handle. Now on to
figuring out how and where else to attach carpeted wood.

Your going to wind up with a big ugly eye sore that you regret spending
money on. Tazzled ends hanging everywhere, cats getting stuck in the
fuzz, big holes in your walls, nowhere to walk on that side of the
room. Shirts hanging on it.

It's aaalll going to end up in the dumpster, a big pile of fuzzy 2 x
4's with no less than 8 tubes of liquid nails in the mix.