Cat Quotes

Old June 9th 04, 06:11 AM
Gandalf

Default Cat Quotes

Cat Quotes
"I love cats because I love my home and after awhile they become its
visible soul."
-- Jean Cocteau

"Since each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it with a
cat?"
-- Robert Stearns, American writer

"Cleanliness in the cat world is usually a virtue put above godliness."
-- Carl Van Vechten, American writer

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats."
-- Albert Schweitzer

"In these days of tension, human beings can learn a great deal about
relaxation from watching a cat, who doesn't just lie down when it is
time to rest, but pours his body on the floor and rests in every nerve
and muscle."
-- Murray Robinson, American writer

"A cat determined not to be found can fold itself up like a pocket
handkerchief if it wants to."
-- Dr. Louis J. Camuti

"You can't look at a sleeping cat and be tense."
-- Jane Pauley, American journalist

"If you want to be a psychological novelist and write about human
beings, the best thing you can do is to keep a pair of cats."
-- Aldous Huxley

"There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat."
-- Wesley Bates, American writer

"If there is one spot of sun spilling onto the floor, a cat will find it
and soak it up."
-- Joan Asper McIntosh, American writer

"I think it would be great to be a cat! You come and go as you please.
People always feed and pet you. They don't expect much of you. You can
play with them, and when you've had enough, you go away. You can pick
and choose who you want to be around. You can't ask for more than that."
-- Patricia McPherson, American actresss

"Each small feline is a masterpiece."
--Leonardo di Vinci

"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function." -- Garrison Keillor, American humorist and writer

"Cats...never strike a pose that isn't photogenic."
-- Lillian Jackson Braun, American writer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Old June 9th 04, 06:12 AM
Jo Firey

"Gandalf" wrote in message
Cat Quotes

"Cats...never strike a pose that isn't photogenic."
-- Lillian Jackson Braun, American writer.

Loved reading those. But the one above ain't so, and even her hero Koko is
known for refusing to pose for the camera.

Unless of course you like pictures of a cat's backside. Jake seems to feel
the need to bathe his nether regions when he sees I have the camera. Or to
close his eyes.

Jo

Old June 9th 04, 07:22 AM

Gandalf wrote:

Cat Quotes

Oh, some new ones! Many here I've never seen before.

"There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat."
-- Wesley Bates, American writer

LOL! And in fact it makes no *sense* to have a piece of sculpture - or
anything other kind of art that could be broken - in a home that has a
cat.

"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a
function." -- Garrison Keillor, American humorist and writer

Quite the contrary - I think cats are very efficient machines. Not much
of them is wasted.

Joyce