Grayling, Smokey, or whatever his name is...

Old December 10th 04, 05:57 AM
Tanada

Default Grayling, Smokey, or whatever his name is...

We took our foster kitty, Smokey, Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is,
back to the Haven last night as he's now ready to choose his
onetruehome. It was a parting filled with mixed emotions and a lot of
confusion. I think Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is, had decided that
we were good hoomins and wanted to stay with us. We knew that, as well
as he fit in, he really needs a sweet place of his own where he'll be
loved and pampered at a top cat.

When we first got him, he couldn't stand to be touched, was
hypersensitive, and would either bite or claw anyone crazy enough to try
to pet him. Before we transferred him to the carrier for the shelter, I
held him for about ten minutes while talking to others about what a
sweet cat he is. He was confused, as he KNEW that he wasn't going to
come back with us, but still sweet and loving. I'm sad, but happy that
he's going to get the love that he deserves.

Pam S. happy/sad

Old December 10th 04, 04:45 PM
Sherry

come back with us, but still sweet and loving. I'm sad, but happy that
he's going to get the love that he deserves.

Pam S. happy/sad

Purrs for whatever-his-name is. You did good, Pam, he's got a good chance
because of you guys.

Sherry
Old December 10th 04, 06:24 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-10, Tanada penned:
I'm sad, but happy that he's going to get the love that he deserves.

Pam S. happy/sad

You've done a wonderful thing for him. Purrs that the happy memories and
thoughts of him in a good home will soon overpower the sadness.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 10th 04, 06:36 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:57:16 GMT, Tanada wrote:

[...]

{{{Pam}}} It's so hard to give them up, isn't it?

Best wishes for a wonderful future for Grayling/Whatever His Name Is
:-)

Ginger-lyn

Old December 10th 04, 06:49 PM
Marina

Tanada wrote:

We took our foster kitty, Smokey, Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is,
back to the Haven last night as he's now ready to choose his
onetruehome.

Aww, a bittersweet parting. Purrs for you and Rob, as well as to
Grayling to find a good home soon.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 10th 04, 07:22 PM
Takayuki

Tanada wrote:

We took our foster kitty, Smokey, Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is,
back to the Haven last night as he's now ready to choose his
onetruehome. It was a parting filled with mixed emotions and a lot of
confusion. I think Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is, had decided that
we were good hoomins and wanted to stay with us. We knew that, as well
as he fit in, he really needs a sweet place of his own where he'll be
loved and pampered at a top cat.

Ohhh, so happy/sad! Since you got him so attached to humand and other
pets, I'm sure he'll be so adoptable, he'll find a good home in no
time. Did the fostering turn out to be fun enough that you'll
consider doing it again?

Old December 10th 04, 07:25 PM
Takayuki

"Karen" wrote:

That's really tough. I just don't think I could foster. I hope kitty gets a
home soon.

I don't think I could either. As a fosterer, it's your duty to give
up the ones you love. You can keep the occasional one, but you can't
keep them all! I can imagine how quiet and somber a house can seem
all of a sudden once a kitten is gone.

Old December 10th 04, 10:01 PM
Yowie

"Karen" wrote in message
That's really tough. I just don't think I could foster. I hope kitty gets

home soon.

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

Piggybacking...

Aw, you did such a wonderful job on The Cat With Various Names, teaching him
that hoomins are designated catslaves, and he should enjoy our servitude. I
can well imagine it would be very hard to give him up, but you do have some
very precious memories, along with the knowledge, that, because of you &
your family, GSOWHNI can find a happy and loving onetruehome.

Purrs to both him, and you.

Yowie

---

Old December 10th 04, 10:39 PM
polonca12000

You've done a great job!
We are sending purrs and hugs for you and your family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...
We took our foster kitty, Smokey, Grayling, or Whatever His Name Is,
back to the Haven last night as he's now ready to choose his
onetruehome. snip

The Smokey Rap Enfilade Cat anecdotes 39 October 25th 04 07:24 PM
Smokey gives a speech Enfilade Cat anecdotes 10 September 30th 04 10:54 PM