The Mad Cat-Sitter strikes again

Old November 21st 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default The Mad Cat-Sitter strikes again

Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually
don't turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my
bed to pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get
away. Poor Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

Old November 21st 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Marina" wrote

Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually don't
turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my bed to
pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get away. Poor
Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

Poor Caliban, I sure hope you're petite!

Mine have learned that the best way to get my attention is to get in my
office chair the moment I get up, and I've learned to check the chair when I
get back. I always pet whoever's in the chair because I feel so guilty
having to push or toss them onto the floor. The worst offenders in order of
frequency a Tommy & Eli tied for 1st place; Baby Eyes & Lily tied for 2nd
place; Billy in 3rd place. Beatrice and Abelard almost never get into my
chair unless I am already in it. I was thinking today that I need two or
three extra office chairs just for the cats!

Old November 21st 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 02:30:35 -0600 Pat wrote:

"Marina" wrote

[Sitting on Caliban]

Poor Caliban, I sure hope you're petite!

Mine have learned that the best way to get my attention is to get in my
office chair the moment I get up, and I've learned to check the chair when I
get back. I always pet whoever's in the chair because I feel so guilty
having to push or toss them onto the floor. The worst offenders in order of
frequency a Tommy & Eli tied for 1st place; Baby Eyes & Lily tied for 2nd
place; Billy in 3rd place. Beatrice and Abelard almost never get into my
chair unless I am already in it. I was thinking today that I need two or
three extra office chairs just for the cats!

Apply the same rule as for cats toilets: one chair more than cats, who
are going to use it. So, if I counted correctly, you'll need six
chairs ;-)

Alternative: do not use an ordinary office chair, use a ball chair for
sitting at your desk:

http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp...cific=jomqdre8

(Have no connections to that company)

There is a chance it will not be occupied by a cat for long and at the
same time you'll do your back and spine a favour.

Squarely Yours
Michael
--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furballs Blacky and Merlin
Old November 21st 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Micha" wrote in message
Alternative: do not use an ordinary office chair, use a ball chair for
sitting at your desk:

http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp...cific=jomqdre8

(Have no connections to that company)

There is a chance it will not be occupied by a cat for long and at the
same time you'll do your back and spine a favour.

LOL! Either that or you'll end up with cats with even more superior core
strength than the ordinary cat ... or a popped ball upon which the cats sit
:-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 21st 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually don't
turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my bed to
pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get away. Poor
Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

Ouch! Luckily they seem to be so resilient. I have that problem with the
cats on the stairs. They still haven"t twigged to the fact that we humans
can't see in the pitch dark and Chester particularly has the habit of
stretching out along one stair. I often (these days) try to slink
downstairs in the middle of the night for a small snack (I hate pregnancy
for always having to think of something to eat) only to step Chester on the
stair. I step gingerly but still, one of these days, one of us could get
hurt!

Susan M
Otis and Chester, the immovable cat
Otis and Chester

Old November 21st 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:04:26 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually
don't turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my
bed to pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get
away. Poor Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

I sat on Tessica the other night... little black cat curled up on big
black computer chair in a dark bedroom equals a pretty good cloak of
invisibility! John was already asleep and the lights were out, but the
computer (which provides our nighttime background noise) reset itself
so I went to turn on the music again, and the chair went
MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 21st 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:04:26 +0200, Marina
yodeled:

Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually
don't turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my
bed to pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get
away. Poor Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

I figure my cats don't hesitate to sit on me, they can darn well put
up with the occasional faux pas on my part. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 21st 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:58:07 -0700, "Susan M"
yodeled:

"Marina" wrote in message
Not as in sitter *for* cats, but sitter *on* cats.

Yes, I did it again. I was getting dressed. It was pretty dark in my
bedroom, because I'm a bit paranoid; people walk by some dozen feet away
outside my window, and though I have blinds in the window, I usually don't
turn on the lights while getting dressed. Well, I sat down on my bed to
pull on my jeans, and the bed came alive and struggled to get away. Poor
Caliban!

I've got to get out of this habit of sitting on my poor cats.

Ouch! Luckily they seem to be so resilient. I have that problem with the
cats on the stairs. They still haven"t twigged to the fact that we humans
can't see in the pitch dark and Chester particularly has the habit of
stretching out along one stair.

So does Dante. Dante is a master of felijne mass manipulation-- not
manipulation of *the* masses, but of his own mass. I'm always
marveling at how something so dense and round can become so long and
stretchy. He loves to sit on the stairs, and drapes himself at
full length along them.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 21st 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ollie via CatKB.com

Tank is the master of quick movement. He can get in the chair and underneath
me between the time that I look to make sure there is no cat in the chair and
the time that I sit down. He flattens himself against the back though, so I
have learned to sit down on the front of the chair and then lean back. By
the time I go to lean back he has moved around to my lap - "you will pet me
now". He doesn't much like to sit on my lap, he prefers to stand on my lap
and get his tummy scratched.

Old November 21st 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Pat wrote:

Poor Caliban, I sure hope you're petite!

Um, no, unfortunately, I'm not petite at all.