Calicos mentally unstable?

Old December 3rd 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Calicos mentally unstable?

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news .... These are my experience with calico cats. Maybe I just got lucky.
Maybe
what you hear is an urban legend. Annie

What wonderful memories. Best wishes. MLB

Thank you. I consider all the cats in my life to be blessings, including
the tabbies and the black one. But calicos, especially with the half black
and half gray nose, have a special place in my heart.

Annie

Old December 9th 05, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 2 Dec 2005 17:04:24 -0800, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

Brian Link wrote:
Another urban myth, possibly.

Our new cat has reached equilibrium with the other feline residents.
However, she does tend to flip out with no provocation.

I've recently been hearing from friends that "yeah, calicos are often
like that".

Any truth to this?

BLink

Well, I've been around two calicos... One was just as sweet as the day
was long, she never got mad, she nursed a puppy (and her full grown tom
cat when she had her second litter - she was fixed after that), she let
everyone "drag" her around. Just super mellow.

Then there's Pretty Face, a visitor I have at my home. She can be very
sweet, but she's got a mean streak (or a crazy one) a mile wide, and
for no apparent reason. Since she isn't my cat (except for scritches),
I can't say what she's like all the time, but she is a bit nuts.

I hold the belief that grey cats are mentally impaired. They don't
function like other cats. They tend to be more jumpy/twitchy than
other cats. Tuppence (RB) would just go wild, and not "zoomies" per
se, she'd run into things (like walls and doors) during her "wild"
phases (vet never found any reason for it, just said she didn't notice
things when she was excited). I hadn't noticed it until someone at
work mentioned (on seeing a picture of my Tuppence) that all grey cats
were brain damaged or nuts.

Thinking back, I think she was right. Tuppence was never "normal" even
for a cat, nor was any other grey I've ever been owned by. Loved them
all though, idiosyncrasies (sp?) and all.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Chloe does have a lot of grey in her coat. Roy was white and grey, and
very meek and odd. Howard on the other hand was all grey, and the
best, most intelligent and friendly cat I've ever owned.

BLink
Old December 10th 05, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

Brian Link wrote:
[...]

When you say gray, do you mean gray like a striped tabby, or gray like a
Russian blue?