No photos, arrgh!

Old July 31st 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default No photos, arrgh!

I bought some pet steps so Persia can get down off the bed more easily. (My
precious kitty is now middle-aged.) This morning she was sitting on the top
step, looking over her shoulder like a pinup model from the 1940s. I
grabbed the camera, and couldn't believe she held the pose. Went to take
the picture... the batteries were dead.

This camera eats batteries like kids eat chocolate chip cookies. I can only
take two photos and it exhausts the batteries. I keep two batteries on the
charger at all times, doesn't matter. It just dies in a matter of minutes.
It's a good thing I'm not planning to photograph my life using this thing.

Anyway, I'll probably never get the chance to catch Persia in that pose
again. She looked so pretty. So regal. So smug. "These are my steps, I
have my own steps. Look how far I've come!"

Jill

Old July 31st 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "jmcquown" wrote:

This camera eats batteries like kids eat chocolate chip cookies.

That's highly irregular. You need to establish whether it is the camera
that's defective or the batteries have grown exceedingly weak. There's no
question that NiMH batteries lose their oomph over time. Do you have another
device that takes (I assume) AA batteries that you can use to judge the
battery life?

Art
Old July 31st 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:30:12 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I bought some pet steps so Persia can get down off the bed more easily. (My
precious kitty is now middle-aged.) This morning she was sitting on the top
step, looking over her shoulder like a pinup model from the 1940s. I
grabbed the camera, and couldn't believe she held the pose. Went to take
the picture... the batteries were dead.

This camera eats batteries like kids eat chocolate chip cookies. I can only
take two photos and it exhausts the batteries. I keep two batteries on the
charger at all times, doesn't matter. It just dies in a matter of minutes.
It's a good thing I'm not planning to photograph my life using this thing.

Anyway, I'll probably never get the chance to catch Persia in that pose
again. She looked so pretty. So regal. So smug. "These are my steps, I
have my own steps. Look how far I've come!"

Jill

If you are using AA rechargeable batteries, they may simply be old, and
will no longer take or keep a charge.

Get some new NiMH AA batteries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old August 1st 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I had that problem with my last digital camera, which used AA batteries. I
finally gave up on the rechargeable batteries. I found the disposable ones
lasted much longer. Eventually the camera itself died, but while it worked,
I was very happy once I switched to disposable batteries.

Of course, the kind of batteries your camera uses makes a difference. My
current camera uses a special type of batteries. After a year or so, they
didn't seem to hold their charge, so I got some new ones. They were a bit
pricey, but they do hold a charge.

Joy

Old August 1st 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , "jmcquown" wrote:

This camera eats batteries like kids eat chocolate chip cookies.

That's highly irregular. You need to establish whether it is the camera
that's defective or the batteries have grown exceedingly weak. There's no
question that NiMH batteries lose their oomph over time. Do you have another
device that takes (I assume) AA batteries that you can use to judge the
battery life?

Art

While you are here --- did Milo ever show up? It would certainly be
nice to know if he did. MLB
Old August 1st 09, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

It sounds like it's time for a new camera.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 1st 09, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

This camera eats batteries like kids eat chocolate chip cookies.

That's highly irregular. You need to establish whether it is the camera
that's defective or the batteries have grown exceedingly weak. There's no
question that NiMH batteries lose their oomph over time. Do you have
another
device that takes (I assume) AA batteries that you can use to judge the
battery life?

Art

Only the television remote control The batteries and the camera are less
than a year old. I suspect it's the camera itself; I've had trouble with it
from the start. I called their tech support people some time last year and
was told it's a known problem. They had me download some software from
their website which helped, for a bit.

I've still got my old Sony Mavica but it was sitting in my apartment back in
TN for over a year so that battery (not a AA) is dead, too. I ordered
another battery for that one. It's a much larger camera, not small and
sleek, but it has worked well for me. I'll go back to using that one when
the battery gets here. Still, I missed a glorious photo op!

Jill

Old August 1st 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

How old is old? The camera and NiMH AA batteries are less than a year old.
I've got regular batteries that have outlasted these. When I went back to
TN to pack up my stuff in my apartment a clock and several other things
running on regular AA batteries were still running after over a year. I
suspect it's the camera. I've had problems with it from the outset. At any
rate, I missed a great shot!

Jill

Old August 1st 09, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

wrote:

[...]

Clocks use very little energy compared to cameras, especially if using
flash. A clock can usually run for ages with a battery one has
discarded from some other appliance as not powerful enough. I also had a
camera that seemed to go through batteries very quickly, it also used
AA's or rechargeable ones. The camera I have now (HP PhotoSmart R818)
uses a flat rectangular battery similar to the one in my cellphone, and
that one lasts a lot longer, but even that camera is getting on in years
and I'm drooling after a new one with more megapixels and other such
bells and whistles...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 3rd 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , MLB wrote:

While you are here --- did Milo ever show up? It would certainly be
nice to know if he did.

Alas, not. And I've cleared about a third of the overgrown garden terrace
without the slightest indication of a body.

Art

Arrgh week from hell!! meeee Cat health & behaviour 13 October 23rd 06 04:43 AM
5 photos so far (OT) Pat Cat anecdotes 1 October 2nd 06 11:36 AM
Photos Ann Cat anecdotes 4 August 29th 06 02:50 PM
We Met Photos Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 3 June 26th 04 11:47 PM
Arrgh! OT Hazel Az Cat anecdotes 2 August 11th 03 04:42 AM