[OT] The ending of Lost

Old May 27th 10, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] The ending of Lost

Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather hard
to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making sense
because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy was still
pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie
Old May 27th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather hard
to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making sense
because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy was still
pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Join the club. Many people who have watched every minute of every
episode for 6 full years are saying the same thing. I had to read a
few forums on Livejournal to start to get a clue. But even so, a
lot of things were left unanswered. Sometimes it's better that way.
Leave it mysterious and still intriguing. Though I would have liked
to know where those numbers came from.

BTW - I watched almost the whole show on DVDs. It gave me a year
and a half of excellent exercise motivation. Now I have to find
something else!

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown
Old May 27th 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default [OT] The ending of Lost (no longer completely OT)

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather hard
to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making sense
because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy was still
pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

I watched pretty much the whole thing, and I was still somewhat confused.
Apparently they're all dead, but they somehow had a chance to work out their
character flaws so they get to "go into the light". You may have noticed
that Ben didn't go in. My son thinks that everything that happened on the
island was real, and that they all died at different times. I'm not so sure
about that, but a couple of the people who "made it" weren't on the plane,
so he could be right. I have a feeling aficionados of the show will be
discussing and arguing about it for years. It wouldn't surprise me if there
were even college classes about it. I've seen classes about sillier things.

BTW, go to http://icanhascheezburger.com:80/ and scroll down until you see
some little pictures with titles on the left of the page. Look for "Lost
explained by cats". It sums it all up. ;-)

Joy

Old May 27th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

I watched pretty much the whole thing, and I was still somewhat confused.
Apparently they're all dead, but they somehow had a chance to work out their
character flaws so they get to "go into the light". You may have noticed
that Ben didn't go in. My son thinks that everything that happened on the
island was real, and that they all died at different times. I'm not so sure
about that, but a couple of the people who "made it" weren't on the plane,
so he could be right.

That's my view on it, too.

BTW, go to http://icanhascheezburger.com:80/ and scroll down until you see
some little pictures with titles on the left of the page. Look for "Lost
explained by cats". It sums it all up. ;-)

Cats - "unofficial mascots of the Internet".

Joyce

--
Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating
Old May 27th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather
hard to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making
sense because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy
was still pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

That was pretty much how I felt somewhere in the middle of season
two. Charlie watched for another year convinced it would eventually
make sense.

Jo

Old May 27th 10, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

[...]

the numbers Hugo was haunted by and kept being repeated was that the ones
you are talking about. It was the number identification on the bunker where
Desmond was located in.

Old May 27th 10, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Ben was still waiting his purgatory was not up yet his daughter had yet to
seen the light

They were missing a lot of the cast at the end that annoyed me for I like a
few of them and that left thing still unanswered for them. But I liked the
series and was sad to see it come to an end

Old May 27th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather
hard to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making
sense because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy was
still pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

That was pretty much how I felt somewhere in the middle of season two.
Charlie watched for another year convinced it would eventually make sense.

Jo

IMHO it was the script writers who got lost. I gave up on the second
season. I was convinced they wrote the script just before each show and
really didn't know where to go -- just lost! MLB
Old May 27th 10, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather hard
to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making sense
because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy was still
pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

That was pretty much how I felt somewhere in the middle of season two.
Charlie watched for another year convinced it would eventually make sense.

Jo

I had made up my mind I wouldn't watch it this season, until they said it
would be the last season and there would be answers. Well, there were some
answers, but I think every episode raised new questions, most of which were
never answered.

Joy

Old May 27th 10, 08:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

I sort of wondered if maybe the island wasn't purgatory. Ben obviously
hadn't redeemed himself yet.

I think some of the cast, like the older couple, had probably already moved
on, because they didn't need to redeem themselves.

I sort of had a love-hate relationship with the series. I definitely liked
a lot of the people in it, but I got angry and frustrated by all the curves
I was thrown. Every time I thought I had an inkling of what was going on,
they threw in something else to confuse things.

Joy