A little concerned about Persia

Old April 10th 04, 04:01 PM
Sherry

Sherry, I just got off the phone with the vet. He said the main thing right
now is to get her eating this weekend. He suggested water-packed tuna
stirred in with the dry food. Persia may be the only cat who doesn't like
tuna. He said, then try some Fancy Feast. Oh! She'll be thrilled to
hear/eat that! He also suggested something odd: chicken noodle soup mixed
in with the dry food. Really?! Hmmm, never would have thought of that.

Let us know if she eats the Fancy Feast, ok? It just worries me when they get
"off" their food. I'm glad the vet seems concerned about protecting her liver
functions. Keeping enough food going through her system will help that.
If she dives into the Fancy Feast, we'll know she was just telling you she
doesn't *like* the new food.
Still purring!!
Sherry
Old April 10th 04, 05:16 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Sherry, I just got off the phone with the vet. He said the main
thing right now is to get her eating this weekend. He suggested
water-packed tuna stirred in with the dry food. Persia may be the
only cat who doesn't like tuna. He said, then try some Fancy Feast.
Oh! She'll be thrilled to hear/eat that! He also suggested
something odd: chicken noodle soup mixed in with the dry food.
Really?! Hmmm, never would have thought of that.

Let us know if she eats the Fancy Feast, ok? It just worries me when
they get "off" their food. I'm glad the vet seems concerned about
protecting her liver functions. Keeping enough food going through her
system will help that.
If she dives into the Fancy Feast, we'll know she was just telling
you she doesn't *like* the new food.
Still purring!!
Sherry

She devoured half the Cod, Shrimp & Sole Fancy Feast without a qualm! So,
apparently it's just the UR food she doesn't like. I'm glad he gave me the
go-ahead on this, but I am concerned for the future. She's not supposed to
eat food with high magnesium or ash content on a regular basis, and FF has
both. Maybe the canned UR will satisfy her... I'll find out next week.

Jill

Old April 10th 04, 05:17 PM
Marina

"jmcquown" wrote

Oh no, Jean! I'm so sorry to hear that. After all the trouble Persia

went
to to insist I become her human, I'm counting on her being stubbornly
insistent she stay with me for years and years.

I'm on hold with the vet's office right now; he was with a patient but

they
said he'll talk to me in a few minutes if I will hold. Of course I will.

Jill, I hope the vet has put your mind at ease by now. Maybe this is the
b*st*rd cat trick Persia was planning to punish you for leaving her? ;o)
Peaches isn't off her (his?) food, is she (he?)? Purrs that Persia turns out
OK.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 10th 04, 05:30 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Oh no, Jean! I'm so sorry to hear that. After all the trouble
Persia went to to insist I become her human, I'm counting on her
being stubbornly insistent she stay with me for years and years.

I'm on hold with the vet's office right now; he was with a patient
but they said he'll talk to me in a few minutes if I will hold. Of
course I will.

Jill, I hope the vet has put your mind at ease by now. Maybe this is
the b*st*rd cat trick Persia was planning to punish you for leaving
her? ;o) Peaches isn't off her (his?) food, is she (he?)? Purrs that
Persia turns out OK.

It's quite possible this is the trick Persia intended to pull on me!
Peaches isn't able to pull it off; I gave her a slice of apple yesterday
before I left for work and she devoured it. She was probably chirping
apologies to Persia all day for being so weak.

Jill

Old April 10th 04, 05:58 PM
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:

Sherry wrote:
Let us know if she eats the Fancy Feast, ok? It just worries me when
they get "off" their food. I'm glad the vet seems concerned about
protecting her liver functions. Keeping enough food going through her
system will help that.
If she dives into the Fancy Feast, we'll know she was just telling
you she doesn't *like* the new food.
Still purring!!
Sherry

She devoured half the Cod, Shrimp & Sole Fancy Feast without a qualm! So,
apparently it's just the UR food she doesn't like. I'm glad he gave me the
go-ahead on this, but I am concerned for the future. She's not supposed to
eat food with high magnesium or ash content on a regular basis, and FF has
both. Maybe the canned UR will satisfy her... I'll find out next week.

Jill

I guess she really doesn't like her prescription food! I hope you'll
be able to find something that Persia likes.

Old April 10th 04, 05:59 PM
Cheryl

"jmcquown" dumped this in
on 10 Apr 2004:

She's not supposed to
eat food with high magnesium or ash content on a regular basis, and FF
has both. Maybe the canned UR will satisfy her... I'll find out next
week.

That is so great that she ate. I wonder if the vet would ok letting you mix
in the FF and start cutting it back until it is all UR? Worth asking.

--
Cheryl