One-way teleportation

Old April 12th 04, 05:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:21:35 -0500, John F. Eldredge
yodeled:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:17:59 -0700, "Sam Nash"
wrote:

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
. ..

I had to retrieve Cinders from the hall closet _again_. This
time, I would have sworn that I saw her in another room after I
had closed the closet door. Either she has become very good at
sneaking past me without my seeing her, or else she can teleport
into the closet but not back out again. I don't want to have to
install a kitty door in the hall closet. Do y'all think that, if
I left the closet open for a couple of days, it would lose its
mysterious appeal? She doesn't want to sneak into my kitchen
cabinets, or any of the other closets in the house, only the hall
closet.

Of course, I could just form a new organization, Parents and
Friends of Closeted Cats.

My guess is that she will lose all interest in the opened closet
door and will continue to ignore it until 5 minutes after you've
closed it again. Then it will again become her "favorite target"

Good luck.
Sam

That sounds all too plausible. I have known quite a few cats who
never met a closed door that they didn't want to be on the other side
of, even if they had just come from that side. (snip)

Stinky is the bathroom escort. He has to come with everybody into the
bathroom, and he also has to try his best to keep you from closing the
door.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)