Help--my cat tracks clumping litter all over the house

Old January 1st 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jay Luker

Default Help--my cat tracks clumping litter all over the house

How can I get my cat to wipe her feet? We would really like to be
using a clumping/scoopable litter. We tried all the major brands but
for some reason it seems to collect in the cat's paws and end up all
over our couch and around where her bed is. We have tried putting down
various types of welcome mats in front of the litter box, but it
doesn't seem to help. I finally got tired of dragging out the vacuum
every day and switched back to a cheap clay product. Does anyone else
have this problem? Any advice?

--jay
Old January 1st 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Jay Luker wrote:
How can I get my cat to wipe her feet? We would really like to be
using a clumping/scoopable litter. We tried all the major brands but
for some reason it seems to collect in the cat's paws and end up all
over our couch and around where her bed is. We have tried putting down
various types of welcome mats in front of the litter box, but it
doesn't seem to help. I finally got tired of dragging out the vacuum
every day and switched back to a cheap clay product. Does anyone else
have this problem? Any advice?

--jay

I have the same problem. Haven't found any solution. Target has a mat that
claims to help remove the litter from the cat's feet. They are too expensive
for me right now, but if you get one let us know how it works.

Old January 1st 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Jay Luker" wrote in message
How can I get my cat to wipe her feet? We would really like to be
using a clumping/scoopable litter. We tried all the major brands but
for some reason it seems to collect in the cat's paws and end up all
over our couch and around where her bed is. We have tried putting down
various types of welcome mats in front of the litter box, but it
doesn't seem to help. I finally got tired of dragging out the vacuum
every day and switched back to a cheap clay product. Does anyone else
have this problem? Any advice?

I never find litter except right around the box. I put the box on a largish
throw rug and regularly shake it out outside and put it back.

Old January 1st 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot[_2_]

I use the Walmart scooping litter and have never had any problmes with
this, even with 3 cats using the box. I'm guessing that static electricity
is what's causing the litter to stick to the cats fur.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

Old January 1st 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Jay Luker" wrote in message
How can I get my cat to wipe her feet? We would really like to be
using a clumping/scoopable litter. We tried all the major brands but
for some reason it seems to collect in the cat's paws and end up all
over our couch and around where her bed is. We have tried putting down
various types of welcome mats in front of the litter box, but it
doesn't seem to help. I finally got tired of dragging out the vacuum
every day and switched back to a cheap clay product. Does anyone else
have this problem? Any advice?

--jay

I use Better Way clumping litter. I place the litterbox on a very large mat
that I vacuum regularly, but I don't have any problem with litter outside
the mat. At any rate, there is no way to train a cat to wipe its paws--that
simply isn't in their nature, and they would not understand. We need to
adjust to the cats on this one.

MaryL