PING Monique and Oscar

Old January 18th 10, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default PING Monique and Oscar

Actually, I don't really expect to hear from Monique, but I'd wanted
to ping her for a long time.

I assumed when she dropped off the group, that she withdrew to have
some private time with Oscar in the final days of her life. I wonder
if anyone knows for sure?
Old January 20th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

hopitus wrote:

On Jan 17, 9:41*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Actually, I don't really expect to hear from Monique, but I'd wanted
to ping her for a long time.

I assumed when she dropped off the group, that she withdrew to have
some private time with Oscar in the final days of her life. *I wonder
if anyone knows for sure?

I don't believe you will get a reply. You, to my limited knowledge,
are not a biker.

I need to buy a motorcycle now?
Old January 20th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

hopitus wrote:
On Jan 19, 10:00*pm, Takayuki wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Jan 17, 9:41*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Actually, I don't really expect to hear from Monique, but I'd wanted
to ping her for a long time.

I assumed when she dropped off the group, that she withdrew to have
some private time with Oscar in the final days of her life. *I wonder
if anyone knows for sure?

I don't believe you will get a reply. You, to my limited knowledge,
are not a biker.

I need to buy a motorcycle now?

I have always considered you much too intelligent for that lifestyle
Working for years in heavy-duty ERs gives one a bad 'tude towards
hogs.
She also has a DH, Tak. I have more interest in how Oscar is, but
dunno.

Do you mean that I should contact her DH on a biking newsgroup to find
out about Oscar, or something like that? I'm getting really confused,
Hop!
Old January 20th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

hopitus wrote:
hopitus wrote:
[...]

I made a futile but short search to locate her in ng's. AFAIK Oscar
did not
embrace the "wind in my hair", "sun on my face", "brains on the
blacktop"
sport enthusiasm. I am not confused but have not thought about this in
really long time except "Get on your bikes and *ride*: quote Freddie
Mercury.
Her DH's name is Eric...if you want to pursue that route...but if you
do, can
you put me and Snaggly in your will?

Yabbut aside from her and Eric's biking proclivities, when Monique
left, Oscar was quite sick from cancer, and it was uncertain how long
she had, but I had the impression it was just a few months.

If she'd stayed, or if we heard news, we'd have mourned Oscar too.
Since she's been away for a while now, I wasn't expecting to hear an
answer, but I'm hoping that we do hear from Monique someday so that I
can light a candle for Oscar as we do with our RB cats, even if it's a
couple of years late.
Old January 20th 10, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

hopitus wrote:
[...]

Did not know about Oscar. Someone in rpca kept up with M. and quite
awhile
ago pointed out M. has a blog online. I don't remember who the reg was
who
posted that. I will try to look M. and/or Eric up in one of my
resources for
snail mail addy and/or phone #.- Hide quoted text -

Monique has a blog on www.bounceswoosh.org.

Winnie

Old January 20th 10, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

hopitus wrote:
[...]

OK, maybe this will help you. Here's one of her blogs.

http://www.bounceswoosh.org/

Betch thought I was kidding.

I just browsed it, and great news, she wrote that Oscar's cancer was
in remission! When she didn't come back after Oscar's less than
optimistic prognosis, I assumed the worst. I'm glad I was wrong!
Old January 20th 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

I just browsed it, and great news, she wrote that Oscar's cancer was
in remission! When she didn't come back after Oscar's less than
optimistic prognosis, I assumed the worst. I'm glad I was wrong!

Glad to hear it!

Joyce

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.

PING: Monique Karen Cat anecdotes 30 April 15th 06 01:06 PM
Ping Monique CatNipped Cat anecdotes 1 July 23rd 05 10:40 PM
Ping Monique CatNipped Cat anecdotes 7 July 22nd 05 03:22 PM
[OT] Ping Monique - Thanks! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 July 13th 05 02:10 AM
Ping: Monique and others interested in my health CATherine Cat anecdotes 23 March 14th 05 09:27 PM